Let's compare all the Spurs teams that finshed 4th and 5th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

zin

Supporter
Since the Jol era, let's not go back to the 80s as "football was different back then"

Also let's ignore the teams around us and how good they were at the time, let's keep it based on the players we had/have and based on who played a significant amount of games that season.

Yes I'm bored.

2005/2006 - 5th
eFNxw9V.png

2006/2007 - 5th
9lN2UfT.png

2009/2010 - 4th
oAmoe8D.png

2010/2011 - 5th
UaKjMWv.png

2011/2012 - 4th
ZIRiHKO.png

2012/2013 - 5th
6dIq5Be.png

2013/2014 - ?
le3xcQ4.png

Best imagination?
1EAsnIs.png

for the best imagination @ zin zin if you're gonna use that formation bale has to play LB or he's not even gonna make the team... For that formation Dembele should play where Modric is and Modric should play where Bale is to have the best players in their best positions...

for the best imagination @ zin zin if you're gonna use that formation bale has to play LB or he's not even gonna make the team... For that formation Dembele should play where Modric is and Modric should play where Bale is to have the best players in their best positions...

For me Modric was at his best when he was dictating the play from a central area with Rafa roaming in the space between the midfield and CF.

Yeah, I wanted to fit in Berbatov and Soldado in the first XI which probably unbalances everyone else.

Anyway back to actually making a point by posting this thread. Our 2013/14 team looks by far the best, best GK, best midfield (marginally to 2011/12) and best forward players. Only our 2011/12 defence is slightly better.

With respect - 'best' is all relative, I'm afraid since all those teams need to be looked at within context

- quality of opposition
- quality of manager
- overall team spirit and morale
- etc.

Therefore, I think it's very hard to draw direct parallels and compare like for like. Having said that - in terms of pure player 'quality', and if Bale stays on - this could well be our best team in a long time.

With respect - 'best' is all relative, I'm afraid since all those teams need to be looked at within context

- quality of opposition
- quality of manager
- overall team spirit and morale
- etc.

Therefore, I think it's very hard to draw direct parallels and compare like for like. Having said that - in terms of pure player 'quality', and if Bale stays on - this could well be our best team in a long time.

Even with BAE still around ? ;)

Disagree, should be sold, new first teamer brought in and Rose on the bench.

Fucking hell how have we come to this ArcspacE? Me getting rid of BAE and you keeping him on!
I'd also sell him, but unless we have a good replacement lined up (15m+), I'd keep him as cover.

Back
Top Bottom