Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He should but wont because people will instantly be demading he gives the manager the proper calibre of players to achieve that and that will be expensive. Its a lot easier to just do enough, keep us steady in 4th to 7th, just about keeps interest up and the stadium full, get into Europe and round and round we go.

and that is why we've won nothing, don't want to play under pressure . It's easy here :contehandshead:

We often hear about managers, players and staff, be they here of having moved on, saying things to the media and the response is always “well, what else is he supposed to say?”

Ex player having a dig at the club? What else is he supposed to say?

Ex players complimenting the club? Must be looking for an ambassadorial role.

The present situation with Ange flies in the face of this. The general consensus of our fanbase seems to be that all Levy cares about is top four and doesn’t care about winning anything. Now his manager is telling everyone who will listen that he doesn’t give a flying shit about that.

Two things can now happen.

TFC have indeed crept into the mind of Levy and are correct about the top four thing, which leaves the only course of action to come next is us and Ange parting company.

Or, as I suspect, nobody on here has a clue what is or isn’t important to Levy and he has no issue with our manager saying what he has said and we will continue along the road we are on.

Let’s see where we are at the end of the season.

Also he said, "they are use to it" which we are , familiar with failure, he also said, "they cannot play under pressure" for big things.
As well as mentioning the lack of desire to win from the chairman, he was 100% on the money at the state of this once great club.
A few years ago, we did a tour of the old stadium, changing rooms etc.
I remember the guide was talking to us in the referees room, he mentioned that Bill Nicks ashes was scattered over the pitch as was the families wish.
When talking about the standards set by him, it made me think, of how far away we were from those days.
A few years on my position has not changed, we are run by a firm of accountants who, will always make sure the club doesn't fall foul of financial irregularities, but a club that, has seen better days and sadly won't be in a position to be the best in the land.
I wish Ange all the best but, can't help feeling that, we have seen this play before and will be saying goodbye to him by the end of next season.
I'd fucking love it if some hacking anarchist put the Conte rant on the 4 big screens before kick off instead of the usual "the flick, the 30 yard free kick" video.

I know it makes all the Conte haters butts hurt, but what he said fucking well needed to be said.
And it needs to be said again and again until the top down attitude changes.

You’d prefer we weren’t sweeping aside domestic competition AND testing ourselves in the CL?
No you've got completely the wrong end of the stick, I'd prefer that our squad was doing the business on the pitch at the level they're currently playing at before they start speculating about testing themselves at the highest level.

I think that kind of talk is pretty dismissive of the current issue at hand. Romero and VDV shouldn't be thinking about pocketing Mbappe when they can't even keep the likes of Chris Wood quiet, our forwards should be concentrating on managing to bag against the likes of Fulham and Newcastle away before they start dreaming about grabbing glory at the Bernabeu, our midfield should be working out how to control a game of football against Everton before they are wondering if they can out Tiki-Taka Barcelona, etc...

I think right now, talk of testing themselves at the highest level is getting way ahead of themselves.

That's not to say it shouldn't be their goal of course.

No you've got completely the wrong end of the stick, I'd prefer that our squad was doing the business on the pitch at the level they're currently playing at before they start speculating about testing themselves at the highest level.

I think that kind of talk is pretty dismissive of the current issue at hand. Romero and VDV shouldn't be thinking about pocketing Mbappe when they can't even keep the likes of Chris Wood quiet, our forwards should be concentrating on managing to bag against the likes of Fulham and Newcastle away before they start dreaming about grabbing glory at the Bernabeu, our midfield should be working out how to control a game of football against Everton before they are wondering if they can out Tiki-Taka Barcelona, etc...

I think right now, talk of testing themselves at the highest level is getting way ahead of themselves.

That's not to say it shouldn't be their goal of course.

I hear you but also in Romero’s case he’s also a World Cup winner that handled Mbappe pretty well in the Final.

There is a difference between a team not defending at its best and blaming the 2 CB or any other player.

I don’t know if we deserve CL and I don’t really care if we get it but I’d only want players at the club that believe they are good enough to go head to head with the best.

But I take your point, we need to be more consistent before we are ready as a team to play in the late stages of the CL

We often hear about managers, players and staff, be they here of having moved on, saying things to the media and the response is always “well, what else is he supposed to say?”

Ex player having a dig at the club? What else is he supposed to say?

Ex players complimenting the club? Must be looking for an ambassadorial role.

The present situation with Ange flies in the face of this. The general consensus of our fanbase seems to be that all Levy cares about is top four and doesn’t care about winning anything. Now his manager is telling everyone who will listen that he doesn’t give a flying shit about that.

Two things can now happen.

TFC have indeed crept into the mind of Levy and are correct about the top four thing, which leaves the only course of action to come next is us and Ange parting company.

Or, as I suspect, nobody on here has a clue what is or isn’t important to Levy and he has no issue with our manager saying what he has said and we will continue along the road we are on.

Let’s see where we are at the end of the season.

Levy around this time last year. No talk about progress. Or anything about I dont care about top 4.

Just a short statement about what matters to him.

“We have 10 Premier League games remaining and we have a fight on our hands for a Champions League place,
We all need to pull together.
Everyone has to step up to ensure the highest possible finish for our club and amazing, loyal supporters.”

Do you think he really doesn’t want the extra millions pounds of money the CL brings????

The man negotiates over door handles!!!

I partly agree. He's obviously instructed all of his managers to prioritise top 4 over domestic trophy success. Nobody could doubt that. But at the same time, he's not prepared to invest what most clubs would to sustain top 4.

I think he's actually delighted that the way we've dropped like a stone recently has lowered the fans expectations to such a degree that most see simply qualifying for Europe's lesser competitions as progress and, therefore, success.
An unthinkable scenario just a few years back

Rather than heat up the pressure, last season's shit-fest and subsequent appointment of an unproven journeyman has actually brought him more time and, quite bizarrely, somehow got many fans back on his side.

As he stated at the infamous fans forum "We're playing good football again, that's all the fans want. We have our Tottenham back "

To whoops and cheers from those in attendance

Lol wait, we have been in it 5 out of the last 7 seasons.

Pretty sure City are the only team to be in it 7 of the last 7.

Levy around this time last year. No talk about progress. Or anything about I dont care about top 4.

Just a short statement about what matters to him.

“We have 10 Premier League games remaining and we have a fight on our hands for a Champions League place,
We all need to pull together.
Everyone has to step up to ensure the highest possible finish for our club and amazing, loyal supporters.”

Do you think he really doesn’t want the extra millions pounds of money the CL brings????

The man negotiates over door handles!!!
What I was trying to suggest is if Levy only cared about top four and not about winning anything (as many on here believe), Ange is going against policy.

The quote you mentioned was probably when we had no chance of winning the league, so he wanted to finish as high as possible. Who doesn’t want to do that?

And which club owners don’t want the club to win anything? Levy is almost certainly the person who wants us to win something more than anyone to show the last couple of decades haven’t been a waste of time.

What I was trying to suggest is if Levy only cared about top four and not about winning anything (as many on here believe), Ange is going against policy.

The quote you mentioned was probably when we had no chance of winning the league, so he wanted to finish as high as possible. Who doesn’t want to do that?

And which club owners don’t want the club to win anything? Levy is almost certainly the person who wants us to win something more than anyone to show the last couple of decades haven’t been a waste of time.

100% levy wants to win stuff. He said so. Why he got Jose in and Conte. But did he really back them?

And would he choose the league cup over top 4??
We all know what’s more important to Daniel. CL money is just levels above winning the EL and getting £1m and an EL place.

Did Ange rotate for the league games or league cup game this season? Next season do you expect a weaker team in the league before we play our strongest team in the league cup?

Personally I think ange wants the actual league. Not just top 4.

100% levy wants to win stuff. He said so. Why he got Jose in and Conte. But did he really back them?

And would he choose the league cup over top 4??
We all know what’s more important to Daniel. CL money is just levels above winning the EL and getting £1m and an EL place.

Did Ange rotate for the league games or league cup game this season? Next season do you expect a weaker team in the league before we play our strongest team in the league cup?

Personally I think ange wants the actual league. Not just top 4.
Levy wants to win the league too, but it’s not a priority

Back
Top Bottom