Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you help out you help out.

The apologists will stop at nothing to protect their idols.

So, so, predictable

So being on one of just three EPL clubs in the country to provide their facilities (in our case an 850m stadium) free was not enough. Spurs costs are estimated at well over 200k for opening the stadium for 16 weeks, yet here you are moaning about 33k of third party charges to the council that had nothing to do with Spurs? agenda much?

Spurs do not have in house cleaners or external security for the car park, however Spurs did pick up all rent, rates, utilities, and in house staffing costs for the entire 16 weeks the stadium was given free to the council - you are one sad man if you can't see just what a brilliant gesture this was.

Enic are fucking brilliant at making profits. Honestly the best in the league. But it comes at a cost that the dream of ever winning anything, which sports is all about, is basically non existent, In fact, avoided if it means going over their net spend. Works great as a business model flogging kitchens or sofas. Doesn’t work as well when you’re dealing with multi million pound footballers that get unhappy very quickly when they aren’t playing football at the highest level in a very competitive market where another club down the road is offering double the wages and guaranteed trophies and all of the promotional benefits and stardom that comes with it.

levy has well and truly been found out. The players no longer believe the smoke and mirrors propaganda that he comes out with with buzzwords like “projects” and all the other guff he says. Spurs are a burial ground for world class players that want to be the best. It’s as simple as that. No ambition.

Enic have got somewhat lucky with a few signings. Kane, alli, son. Eriksen was a dropped ball letting him go for peanuts. But overall most of levy’s signings have been absolute shite. The madness of missing out on crucial players because they are deemed too expensive, then go out and spend 30m on sissoko. Not getting the players that the manager asks for and simply seeing them as “head coaches” that have no input in the transfer side of football and are just robots that are supposed to train the players.

we are a selling club. It’s all well and good trying to hold onto your best players but you have to actually improve the team as well, and actually be ambitious in the market to keep improving the team and Keep players morale up. At this point the owners care more about holding stadium events, the NFL and getting CL TV revenue then they do actually winning anything.

if levy had actually backed poch (who had proven himself to be a fucking quality manager that could work magic with a Mickey Mouse budget) then we wouldn’t be in this mess. 6 years of loyalty, hard work, CL final and over achieving for what?? Get sacked at the first sign of trouble, for a manager who is notorious for spending money (mourinho) at Tottenham Hotspur, owned by the tighted, lowest net spending club in the PL. actually mind boggling.

literally all he had to do was go to poch and say you’ve played amazing football here’s some proper money to go out and improve this squad that has completely depleted its energy and life overachieveing for years. Spend a large amount of money for long term success. Instead levy cut corners and actually spent more fucking money hiring and firing managers and getting players on the cheap that didn’t fit into the team and another managers ethos.

basically fucking wank. You’ll have more enjoyment supporting your local grassroots club

It's pretty obvious to me that the Club is continuing to play lip service to the Trust. I'm not an out-and-out ENIC hater, as I recognise the good that they have done to raise our profile in the game. But I also recognise that they have got some decisions badly wrong too, and they need to mend bridges with the ordinary supporter. I personally don't think they really want to, as apart from our money, they see us a necessary evil.
Unfortunately, theTrust on its own is a paper tiger, but maybe with the support of the wider football community, they may achieve some meaningful dialogue and get things back on an even keel.
This has truly been a horrific, turbulent season and I'll be glad to see the back of it.

Hmmmm - took a 100m buisness and turned it into a 1,000m business - even his mum-in-law should understand that's a business success .....

Now on the field it's a different matter .....

Of course the idiots on here demanding 200m transfer budgets don't seem to grasp that it first takes a 1,000m business to be able spend that .... but then they don't have to, being fans and living in the real world are often miles apart ... no harm in dreaming.
1 trophy in 20 years. They've failed so they should sell to someone who cares. They dont, apart from lining there own pockets. Fans want success on the pitch or at least be able to compete. What's not to get.
We dont care about all this business bollocks. Do you think when some fan from another club is ripping the piss out of us we come back with ' yeah but look what Mr Levy has done with the business' whoopee fucking do. Just fuckoff

What Daniel Levy will see when he opens his office door first thing in the morning following the announcement of £150million investment in the club

283724122_422819423182021_696845722814484019_n.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like some info on the financial results will be out this week for those that care.

Most exciting day in the football calendar for me.

The more primitive amongst the fanbase get carried away by new signings and silly dreams of footballing ambition , but I've always maintained that financial prudence , brand synergies and yearly growth are where the true footballing glory is to be found

Bring it on

💪💪💪

So I did the stadium tour last Monday. Couple of highlights

Some bearded geezer doing the intro in the "magastore" trying to drum up enthusiasm. " let's hear a big cheer for the biggest Premier League stadium in London"

Muted cheers and embarrassed yays etc.

"Oh. Looks like you haven't woken up this morning people" How about a massive cheer for the first purpose built NFL stadium in Europe"

I mean. Seriously. We used to be a fucking football club...anyways, more muted cheers and yays.

"Come on guys. You can do better than that. THE FIRST PURPOSE BUILT AMERICAN FOOTBALL STADIUM IN EUROPE!!!!!

Slightly louder cheers to save his blushes I guess. At this point we almost fucked off but thought we'd persevere.

Tour begins around some glass cabinet with replicas of some of our major trophy 🏆 wins. (All pre ENIC of course) No CEO of the year replica thank God.

The bearded guide then trotted out some nonsense about the club not having an actual trophy cabinet and having no intention of having a trophy cabinet (I shit you not) something to do with it being some ego trip or something for other clubs whereas Spurs is about much more and represents much more....

He also went on to say that before the Premier League era we were the 4th most successful club and even today we're still the 6th most successful. (Noted that he said Premier league era rather than Levy / ENIC era)

Then boasted about how Spurs prides itself on being very much a community club representing the local area and how for our entire history have never moved more than a couple of hundred yards from Tottenham High Road. (Failed to mention the attempted move to Stratford)

Anyway. Ourselves and the rest of the group of around 30 or so (made up of mostly Swedes, Americans and Koreans were then left to our own devices to complete the tour at our own pace equipped with some hand held electronic guide.

Great stadium of course.

Just a shame we're only the Anchor Tennants.

A revenue stream. Nothing more. Nothing less

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom