Lies, damn lies & statistics

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No way in hell am I going to Milton Keynes. The club will certainly lose my money that season. Probably wouldn't even renew my membership even if it cost me my place on the pretend season ticket list.
The thing is, for every fan that doesn`t go, someone else will. Spurs have thousands of fans in MK, many of whom cant easily get tickets for WHL. We also have tens of thousands of other fans between the M25 and MK who would find going there easier than WHL. We would fill the stadium easily, and worryingly, Daniel Levy knows it.

The thing is, for every fan that doesn`t go, someone else will. Spurs have thousands of fans in MK, many of whom cant easily get tickets for WHL. We also have tens of thousands of other fans between the M25 and MK who would find going there easier than WHL. We would fill the stadium easily, and worryingly, Daniel Levy knows it.
Yet the club has struggled to fill WHL at times this season.

Just saying.....

the situation with coventry was different as they were ' evicted' from the Ricoh because of inpet decisions of the clubs owners, Isuzu and the owners of the stadium . Mates of mine who are Cov fans simply boycotted the ' home ' games at sixfields and went to away fixtures only.

I would not go to MK, just out of principle as MK dons are a scab of a club and I just wish they would go out of business. If Winkleman wanted a club in MK then he should have done what most other clubs do and begin at the bottom of the football pyramid and earn the right to play in the professional leagues. what was even more surprising was that most football fans just sighed and allowed it to happen, mind you these are the same pricks that buy half and half scarves.....

Cov probably lost 80%!
MK would be 4 hours each way door to door for me unless i drove which i would rather not do.

I reckon i might do 5 games if we spent a season there. That said, how long does it take to get to MK from the Stevenage area? Plus there are a lot of Northern Spurs that would find it easier.
I used to work in MK, (Unisys) my daily commute from Stevenage took anywhere between 40mins and an hour and a half depending on traffic/delays etc. Not sure about public transport I would think about an hour and a half as you would have to go into London and back up to MK via Euston.

Cov probably lost 80%!
MK would be 4 hours each way door to door for me unless i drove which i would rather not do.

I reckon i might do 5 games if we spent a season there. That said, how long does it take to get to MK from the Stevenage area? Plus there are a lot of Northern Spurs that would find it easier.

MK is harder to get to than London from the north unless you drive.

It is not on the London line. I would get my train from York / Leeds to Euston and come back up to MK.

No thanks.

This season?
Premier league tickets have gone to general sale this season, we have not sold out our capital one cup games and our europa league attendances have seen thousands of empty seats, I know there are a myriad of reasons for this but this obsession with the new stadium could backfire if we do not kick on and get regular top 4 places and are still playing europa league in a 56,000 capacity on the curent idiotic pricing policy of the clubs owners...

Premier league tickets have gone to general sale this season, we have not sold out our capital one cup games and our europa league attendances have seen thousands of empty seats, I know there are a myriad of reasons for this but this obsession with the new stadium could backfire if we do not kick on and get regular top 4 places and are still playing europa league in a 56,000 capacity on the curent idiotic pricing policy of the clubs owners...
Yeah, I know. I just wondered why John had found it difficult.

I agree, but most seasons we dont struggle. As a lillywhite member there have been countless games I`ve been unable to get a ticket for. Especially if I want 2 or more.
I appreciate that the big PL games will probably always sell out (at least at the Lane anyhow). But the fact that the stadium hasn't been full this season every game, particularly for cup games, shows you that people aren't as desperate to queue up as you say Levy may think. Thankfully, I think the fan base is showing that it's not willing to be shoveled a pile of shit or fucked up the arse with these sorts of decisions....and credit to them, even if we do have a few melts in our fan contingent.

from a personal view, I won't go to MK and will have to give it up for a season. Knowing my luck, that will be the season that we do something stupendous - very Spursey!

Back
Top Bottom