Ligue 1 23/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The circus that is Marseilles. People wishing fans had more say in the running of clubs should be careful what they wish for (although good decision to sack Marcelino though - his football was gash).

Following the sacking of Marcelino and amidst a context of great upheaval, Olympique de Marseille striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (34) has said that the club is in “one hell of a storm.”

Following a threat-ridden meeting between Marseille’s fans and the club’s hierarchy, Marcelino has left his role as manager after just seven games with the club, leaving Jacques Abaronado in interim charge of the crisis club. However, amidst the threats, targeting other members of the club’s hierarchy, notably President Pablo Longoria, further resignations have been offered. According to L’Équipe, Longoria’s resignation has been rejected by Marseille owner Frank McCourt, however, the Spaniard, alongside Sporting director Javier Ribalta, Financial director Stéphane Tessier and Strategy director Pedro Iriondo, have all temporarily stepped back from their roles.

Amidst this whirlwind, Marseille have two important matches to play. Les Phocéens face Ajax in their Europa League opener, before facing Paris Saint-Germain in Le Classique on Sunday. Speaking in a pre-match press conference, transcribed by L’Équipe, ahead of that match, Aubameyang said that the players are trying to remain focused on the task at hand.

It’s true that we’re in one hell of a storm. For now, in terms of the group, we’re thinking about the match; that’s the most important thing. We needed to be focused on it. What is expected from us, as footballers, is results on the pitch. That’s all we can do at the minute. It’s true that the context is a bit strange, but the priority is focusing on Thursday’s match,” said Aubameyang.

The circus that is Marseilles. People wishing fans had more say in the running of clubs should be careful what they wish for (although good decision to sack Marcelino though - his football was gash).

Following the sacking of Marcelino and amidst a context of great upheaval, Olympique de Marseille striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (34) has said that the club is in “one hell of a storm.”

Following a threat-ridden meeting between Marseille’s fans and the club’s hierarchy, Marcelino has left his role as manager after just seven games with the club, leaving Jacques Abaronado in interim charge of the crisis club. However, amidst the threats, targeting other members of the club’s hierarchy, notably President Pablo Longoria, further resignations have been offered. According to L’Équipe, Longoria’s resignation has been rejected by Marseille owner Frank McCourt, however, the Spaniard, alongside Sporting director Javier Ribalta, Financial director Stéphane Tessier and Strategy director Pedro Iriondo, have all temporarily stepped back from their roles.

Amidst this whirlwind, Marseille have two important matches to play. Les Phocéens face Ajax in their Europa League opener, before facing Paris Saint-Germain in Le Classique on Sunday. Speaking in a pre-match press conference, transcribed by L’Équipe, ahead of that match, Aubameyang said that the players are trying to remain focused on the task at hand.

It’s true that we’re in one hell of a storm. For now, in terms of the group, we’re thinking about the match; that’s the most important thing. We needed to be focused on it. What is expected from us, as footballers, is results on the pitch. That’s all we can do at the minute. It’s true that the context is a bit strange, but the priority is focusing on Thursday’s match,” said Aubameyang.

Amidst the storm at Marseille, Aubameyang's commitment to focus on upcoming matches reflects the team's resilience. Best wishes for stability and success on the pitch during this challenging period. I embarked on the magical journey of writing Harry Potter essays. I went to the magical worlds created by J. K. Rowling. I read every book in the seven-book series. Each essay was a portal to the magical world of wizardry where Harry Potter’s adventures took place. These Free Essays on Harry Potter, Examples, Topics, Outlines - WritingUniverse are available on writinguniverse, explored the complexities of the coming-of-age story. They explored themes of love, friends, loyalty, duty and sacrifice. With quills in my hands, I wrote about how Harry’s journey affected young and old readers alike. Much like a master magician, I refined my essay-writing skills, conjuring magical analyses that celebrated the everlasting magic of Harry Potter
Amidst the storm at Marseille, Aubameyang's commitment to focus on upcoming matches reflects the team's resilience. Best wishes for stability and success on the pitch during this challenging period.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom