Livermore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blanchflower

Supporter
I'm sure he's a top guy, I'm sure he try's his best, I'm sure he's a Spurs fan, He says "we're better than Barca".

But...............

As soon as the guy is subbed on I know we in trouble, every time we spend the entire time he's on the pitch struggling whilst the opposition batters us, the whole character of them team changes as he comes on to the pitch............I wish we had better footballers

im not sure if he's given instruction when he plays, cos he does seem to be a bit of a loose cannon.
i'd only send him on to man mark a dangerous individual opponant and deny that player the ball. if livermore wins the ball [without giving away a free kick] he should then be told to pass it to the nearest spurs player and get back on his man. was hoping he could learn how to play from parker as livermore is quicker, taller and stronger than parker but nowhere near the player scott is.
sandro's making that position his own anyway and will, imo, be one of the best in the league at it.

He needs a good, season long loan as a starter to a newly promoted side.

He'll never work out his deficiencies playing at the infrequent rate that he does for us. He needs games if he's going to become anything.

I agree with the feeling of dread as he comes on, not just because he's shakey, but because I know that means we are going to start to sit back, which I hate seeing.

But, he's only 22. There are still years for him to improve and become a better player and maybe AVB sees something in him in training that we are not privy to. I say we give him the enefit of the doubt. He still wears the shirt and tries his best. Chances are that he will either come good and we will benefit from him, or we will see in a year or two that he hasn't got it in him to imprve and ship him out. Either way, I don't think we lose since once Parker is back the most you'll see of Livermore is in cup games. It may well be worth loaning him out á la Walker, Caulker, et al.

I don't have a problem with Livermore as a squad player per se - the issue is that he is essentially replacing Dembele in the system, which is impossible. If Livermore is on the pitch to see out a game we need Dembele there as well so he can short-pass it to him.

This is kind of a whole team problem though as we are lacking our full squad. Dempsey and Defoe don't do the two holding midfield players any favours. Sandro was outstanding today at last-ditch challenges etc. but that in itself is a bit of an issue as he shouldn't need to be playing sweeper for 100% of the game as a midfield player.

If we had a fully on form 4-3-3 like this away from home:

............ Ade
Bale ............... Lennon
..........Dembele
Sandro ......... Livermore

Then perhaps Jake has more of a position. I agree I feel nervous leaving him alone to completely replace the position of Sandro or Dembele, due to the qualities of those two players.

It's not really a dig at Livermore, Hudd struggles to as well, but Hudd's range of passing and general presence somewhat makes up for it.

fair point mr hyndzee, modric and vdv made it easier for him by making themselves available but its the amount of free kicks 30-40 yards out that he gives away that are the main issue, we cant defend dead balls so giving cheap ones away is a real problem.

fair point mr hyndzee, modric and vdv made it easier for him by making themselves available but its the amount of free kicks 30-40 yards out that he gives away that are the main issue, we cant defend dead balls so giving cheap ones away is a real problem.
This was bandied about in regards to Sandro a year ago and look at him now! If he get's to go on a loan and plays regularily he'll sort those kinks out, but as has been stated a few posts before me, he won't get a long enough run at Spurs to do that.

This was bandied about in regards to Sandro a year ago and look at him now! If he get's to go on a loan and plays regularily he'll sort those kinks out, but as has been stated a few posts before me, he won't get a long enough run at Spurs to do that.

Good points as well. Sandro and Verts still both picked up yellows and gave away a couple of free-kicks today. They are just easier to understand after watching how many times they managed to learn to not to it.

If Hudd and Parker were fully fit form the start of the season, and Dembele wasnt injured, we probably wouldnt have seen Livermore once in the PL. For us at least....Im pretty sure he would have been loaned.

Is Jenas back yet? Late sub when under the cosh is a good role for him.

He reminds me of what would've happened if David Howells, Vinny Samways and John Polston had a kid...

An honest, ALL well meaning Spurs fan playing for his boyhood club, (Howells) bit if bite/nasty streak to him (Vinny), possibly the glimmer of promise about him (Polston) ...but ultimately, will end up at Norwich/QPR/Stoke!

He does seem to be the type of player who would benefit from a loan to play regularly, and suspect that might have been the case, were it not for the fact that Parker has been out all season so far.

People have forgotten how big a player parker was for us at times last season, our first choice CM pairings would normally be out of parker, sandro, dembele, hudd. Were hey all fit and up to speed then I would have had not hesitation in sending him out, but to have done so without cover would have been a little naive back in aug /sept.

He still has potential, but at some point he has to convert that into performances.

Once everyone is back, I'd be intrigued to see a Parker-Dembele combo...
Sandro is always going to be immense, Livermore/Huddlestone are our Plan B at the moment, but we're into Plan B territory what with Parker/Dembele's absence... I think that we'll see a VERY different team/formation/attitude once we have Parker, Sandro, Demebele fighting for the two CM roles...

can't farking wait! ...Luka whodric?

I always had him down as Chris Hughton's love child, as if he and Doris the tea lady had been fooling around in the eighties.

Racist... just 'cos the guy is beige! :walkerwtf: :naughton: :mong: :baeshock: :dembele: :kaboul: :hudd: ;)
(ok, so the last one is yellow, I know!)

Are you Prince Phillip in disguise?
Nonsense. I just don't like aggression towards the slitty eyed. :baletroll:
671501912-prince-philip-mask-750.jpg

I found JJ at least...

In the Championship, Jermaine Jenas came on as a sub in the 69th minute of Nottingham Forest's match against Barnsley at Oakwell Stadium and scored the final goal as his team secured a 4-1 win.

jermaine-jenas-4340-415230_478x359.jpg

Back
Top Bottom