Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough, and I'm with you in spirit, but we've been confidently predicting exactly this every week since the second month of the season or thereabouts. They look the real deal, there's only a Rizla's width between them and City if we're honest - not to say we can't get a result there, far stranger things have happened, but we have to accept they'll be toe-to-toe with MC till the end, with us or whoever plays best/gets the luck in the run-in some way back in third
Or we smash them at Anfield and they fall into a tailspin, crash out the CL against Porto, and then struggle to finish 3rd in a two horse race.
giphy.gif

Genuine question, how would people feel if we pulled an Everton/united and basically sat back let them have the ball and play on the counter? I feel If we get up at them and go toe to toe they’ll pick us off?
I feel like that's what we are going to do. Everton looked the better team when they played them at Goodison Park, so I think its a viable blueprint against a team like this. Dortmund 2nd leg style is the way to go.

Let’s please smash these good folks in scouse land, I’m just about sick of listening to everything about them these days and they haven’t even won anything.....if none of you younger guys can remember the late 70’s and 80’s but can remember the 90’s....well everything you remember that sickened you about Man U, multiple it by 10 and that’s what you can expect from L’pool fans.....entitled bastards.

I feel like that's what we are going to do. Everton looked the better team when they played them at Goodison Park, so I think its a viable blueprint against a team like this. Dortmund 2nd leg style is the way to go.

Agreed - honestly I think this is the best bet for us against teams like Liverpool and City. Too often we have gotten after them with the full pitch press and high line where they pick us apart. If we sit back and don't allow space in behind I think we would cause more than enough problems on the break and would give us some much needed defensive stability.

Is it just me, or has the 3 weeks leading up to this gone pretty quickly? Maybe it's the distractions of the stadium and the fact that I needed a break from it after a tough footy month...

Anyway, feeling a bit more optimistic about this one now even though we are notoriously shite after extended breaks.

If we were to beat Liverpool, let alone get a point, it would represent our best result in the last 3 years.

It would also set us up for the rest of the season.

But Liverpool look like they are over their blip and I just see our lack of midfield strength and this season's propensity for mistakes to show up again.

It would be very pleasing to be proved wrong.

If we were to beat Liverpool, let alone get a point, it would represent our best result in the last 3 years.

It would also set us up for the rest of the season.

But Liverpool look like they are over their blip and I just see our lack of midfield strength and this season's propensity for mistakes to show up again.

It would be very pleasing to be proved wrong.
I dont think they're playing that good either. Name a great LEAGUE performance in the last 6 weeks say? If this was played at a neutral ground I'd say bang on 50/50. It's just the Anfield factor for me. If we can get over that they're there for the taking....

I dont think they're playing that good either. Name a great LEAGUE performance in the last 6 weeks say? If this was played at a neutral ground I'd say bang on 50/50. It's just the Anfield factor for me. If we can get over that they're there for the taking....
Not so sure the Anfield factor has much bearing anymore. I watched one of their home games recently and it was virtually silent. Appreciate it's a huge game but i feel oddly confident. Imagine a win!!

Not so sure the Anfield factor has much bearing anymore. I watched one of their home games recently and it was virtually silent. Appreciate it's a huge game but i feel oddly confident. Imagine a win!!

Especially if we could get an early goal. Think the atmosphere in the stadium could get rather nervous then.

Over the seasons winning at Liverpoo has been as rare as any result we ever want. And over the seasons i’ve seen a lot of the same mistakes fucking us as much as their quality ever does.

We go toe to toe early and get blitzed.

We fall foul of a mistake at a corner when bossing.

We fail to get the rub of the green from a homer ref.

I think we can win this weekend, but we will need to change approach and use those “dark arts” to get us over the line.

I want really want to see a professional “injury” in the first few minutes, someone going down over absolutely nothing and slowing the Anfield buzz down. 3 or 4 minutes laying about and then slowly get up again. Then be absolutely fine. Same again shortly after. Time waste. Kill the pace of the game. I want to see our players in the ref’s and linesman’s ear slowing the game at every opportunity by complaint.

I want to see niggly fouls high up in the width of the pitch and the ball going 30 yards away over the touch line. And I especially want to see Kane into the ref and linesman on everything.

We know that Liverpoo use lots of tricks at Anfield ( lower ceiling away dressing room being something I once heard )

We need to be brave enough to do the same.

And then with 15 minutes left we need to put our boot on their throats and hit them hard and fast. Liverpoo don’t have 90 minutes in that team. We need to slow them down, force them to keep changing tempo. Tire them out and then bang.

I am mindful that we as a club don’t always work this way, but we need to be more Italian than an Italian to win at Anfield. Let’s be hated. Sometimes we do need to be less “Spurs” to win at some places.

Also, needs to be 5,2,2,1 formation. Solid. A back 4 or diamond will be suicide.

Back
Top Bottom