Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He may have been that but apparently he wasn't one of the most frequent.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. And sir you are confident you are right.

And the more reasonable and overriding consensus is that we needed MF reinforements in the summer...or perhaps 2 summers ago, maybe

So now you are putting words in my mouth. Show me where I said this, I'll wait. I said it was not the point being argued nor the reason you are being ridiculed and thought a fool. but it is the point that you think is going to save you a bit of dignity so you are holding on for dear life.

Back again from your deflections. The point is you insist we didn't need MF recruitment. Tell me again when Dembele got injured (hint: we had him for all of about 7 weeks with his two, very predictable injuries)? Oh, and was he healthy in Jan for the transfer? Sure looks like it was always meant to be which coincides with ITK. Therefore your defense holds even less water.
He played 10 PL games before he was injured at Wolves.
Dele has played 19 in three more months, shall we sign a replacement for him too?

Look I’ll make it simple for you again.

Dembele was sold in January and that’s when he needed replacing.
Kane was injured in January and Son was away, so that’s when we should have gone a out for a Llorente and Janssen upgrade.

Trippier had two big injuries and was poor in January....could have looked at the RB spot. In the summer Trippier was in the best form of his careeer and England’s World Cup player of the tournament. Didn’t need addressing.

We had 38 injuries by time January came around that we didn’t have in August.

We had the best start to a season in the history of the club by New Years.
The summer windows issues were not the same issues of the Jan window.

The table proves that, unless you think having the most points in that period of any Spurs team since 1882 is shit

Dele has played 19 in three more months, shall we sign a replacement for him too?
Nope, unless we can find some fools to pay an outlandish Coutinho price for him. But that shouldn't stop us from looking for a youthful upgrade. I have made my opinion on Dele clear a page ago. I am not his biggest fan. I find it hard to be a fan of any players with such clear and basic technical deficiencies. And since his in no longer knocking them in from his position beyond Harry I find less and less use for him.

Only 1 player on the planet that can't be upgraded. So unless you have that little shit playing for you there should be a constant flux in personnel, couple in and a couple out with no player having a safe route into the first team. You know, just like Sir Alex instructed Poch after his 2nd season. No we need wholesale changes because it wasn't done gradually over the last 3 years...but we should focus on January, right?

We can blame sissoko that we didn’t win, but it’s on Lloris that we lost , a draw would have been a good result , but our captain thought otherwise!
Agreed. And if we are piling on to Moose for blowing his chance we also need to pile on to Dele, Harry, Son and Christian for failing to put their chances away as well. Moose at least has the excuse of not being a attacking player.

This loss comes down to individual errors from Toby and Hugo. Sad to say, they have saved us on multiple occassions but this time they were our undoing.

Nope, unless we can find some fools to pay an outlandish Coutinho price for him. But that shouldn't stop us from looking for a youthful upgrade. I have made my opinion on Dele clear a page ago. I am not his biggest fan. I find it hard to be a fan of any players with such clear and basic technical deficiencies. And since his in no longer knocking them in from his position beyond Harry I find less and less use for him.

Only 1 player on the planet that can't be upgraded. So unless you have that little shit playing for you there should be a constant flux in personnel, couple in and a couple out with no player having a safe route into the first team. You know, just like Sir Alex instructed Poch after his 2nd season. No we need wholesale changes because it wasn't done gradually over the last 3 years...but we should focus on January, right?
We should have focused in January yes because that was after we had admirably amassed our best ever start to a season with our 3rd and 4th choice central midfield pairing and had suffered 38 separate injuries and Kane was injured and Son was away, and Dembele was sold.

Not sure what SAF has to do with any of that.

January was a time to solidify but we decided to continue to try and ride out our form and it backfired. Remember the mantra that the squad was fatigued?

But now we shouldn’t have acted all of a sudden with new recruits in January.

This is Grade A TFC in a fucking nutshell

But now we shouldn’t have acted all of a sudden with new recruits in January.
Who should we have gotten in January? Go ahead, make our day. Who was available and where was the money? You probably can't name a fucking player outside of the obvious bable because I bet your football knowledge is zilch. Go ahead name someone. Name a few players for those positions and what would you have done about the PL and CL rosters and how would that have played in the locker room. When you answer that perhaps you might be on to why teams don't usually make additions, outside of loans, in January. And keep harping on your VVD/Coutinho shit but that was baked in the cake in the summer prior and Pool couldn't pay for it without the coutinho money. And either way it is the exception that proves the 'rule'.

What the fuck are you obsessing about me now wiredo?

If you think that I said this then find a fucking post of mine to back it up.

I will in response link you posts & comentary on our midfield and what I’ve been saying about it. Have you got the minerals to be embarrased again?

Now go back to bed and dream of my cock in your mouth, your obsession with me is at the stalker levels, freak.

Every man and his dog knew Dembele was crocked already last season - he even came out and said it himself. Yet we did fuck all that summer in terms of finding a quality CM replacement instead relying on painfully average players to take us forward which has predictably backfired. Levy has a champagne taste but a beer pocket it seems. Ironically he probably spends more on wages and agents fees buying bargain bin specials instead of one proper player

Our very own manager came out few days ago and said Liverpool were right to drop big cash on VVD because this is what they needed. 100% dig at DL rt. Yet you get buffoons here saying were we were right not to spend 'cause Skipp looked good in a yoof game or something.

What the fuck are you obsessing about me now wiredo?

If you think that I said this then find a fucking post of mine to back it up.

I will in response link you posts & comentary on our midfield and what I’ve been saying about it. Have you got the minerals to be embarrased again?

Now go back to bed and dream of my cock in your mouth, your obsession with me is at the stalker levels, freak.
You literally celebrated in the summer when we signed nobody and said you were right all along and this is line with your club ethos and called those who were disappointed in our transfer window wankers and clueless who don't understand our club. Well, Poch pulled your pants down few days ago and blew that theory of yours out the window. But wait, that would imply you were wrong?

Who should we have gotten in January? Go ahead, make our day. Who was available and where was the money? You probably can't name a fucking player outside of the obvious bable because I bet your football knowledge is zilch. Go ahead name someone. Name a few players for those positions and what would you have done about the PL and CL rosters and how would that have played in the locker room. When you answer that perhaps you might be on to why teams don't usually make additions, outside of loans, in January. And keep harping on your VVD/Coutinho shit but that was baked in the cake in the summer prior and Pool couldn't pay for it without the coutinho money. And either way it is the exception that proves the 'rule'.

Doesn’t matter who I could name, I’m not Pochettino.
When the club sign some random player you’ve never heard of, does that mean they wasn’t on the radar long before you found out?

Van Dijk, Coutinho, Sanchez, Aubameyang, Miktaryan and Moura among others have all been signed in recent January windows, stop talking shit.

The same targets in the summer could have been approached in January and a solid bid laid out to get our man.

SPEND BIG!!! INVEST!!!! SHOW AMBITION!!!! BACK THE MANAGER!!!!!!

JUST DONT DO IT IN JANUARY THOUGH BECAUSE THEN ITS OK TO FAIL!!!
ONLY BACK HIM IN THE SUMMER!!!!
AIM HIGH WHEN ITS WARM!!!!

That the same van dijk that is worse than all 3 of our center backs according to you?

Van Dijk has been brilliant. No point denying it or arguing against it.

Been the type of difference you want to see.

My bigger issue is that for all the talk of Pochettino and player development, that Liverpool have as many if not more players who have shown improvement as we have.

And yet despite that it us who once again drew defeat from the jaws of victory. The one thing we can say we do better than any other club.

You literally celebrated in the summer when we signed nobody and said you were right all along and this is line with your club ethos and called those who were disappointed in our transfer window wankers and clueless who don't understand our club. Well, Poch pulled your pants down few days ago and blew that theory of yours out the window. But wait, that would imply you were wrong?
Show me ONE post where I am happy with our midfield, just ONE, can't be that hard even for your limited brain cell to do.

What the rest of your bullshit you are typing is utterly lost on me, you are confused quite easily but this is what happens when an obsession takes hold and all you can relate to and think about when watching and talking about Spurs is me. I trust our Manager and what our club does and has done to get us to where we are, if that's no signings then I'm OK with that because I'd rather that than another GKN, Janssen, N'jie.

Freak.

Thought I’d leave it a little while to cool down after yesterday before posting.
Will undoubtedly be an unpopular view, but I’m fucking sick of Hugo at the moment & believe he should be dropped.
His distribution is lacking (& that has always been an issue for me) & I’m still scratching my head at him parrying that header onto Toby’s shin. It was an easy catch. If I’m wrong about that, then surely he should parry it to the side as far as possible away from his goal, not towards the centre of the 6 yard box?
I don’t know what’s happened to him or whether he feels he is unassailable as club & World Cup winning captain, but his brainfarts & poor concentration are pissing me right off.

I've seen the Sissoko's chance again and I don't think we could blame him much.

Van Dijk closed the passing lane to Son and shooting was the only option for Sissoko, it's a shame that he didn't gt the shot on target but shooting and scoring was never Sissoko's strength.

I'm more pissed off about Rose's cross that was way off that shortly followed, he's an offensive wingback and he IS supposed to do those well.

I've stayed away from telly and internet since the 95th min yesterday so I have calmed down a tad now but I think this team is done in its current form.

Poch talks about mentality constantly, literally all the time yet we have a captain who mentally is the weakest fucking cunt in the team for the last 2 years. Lloris is the oldest most experienced player at the club, has the armband and it is completely undeserved. How is he a leader? And for the apologists who will say he is a WC winner or saved a pen against woolwich (an awful pen I might add) and had a great game at dortmund that doesn't matter when you can do what he did yesterday and has done similar in so many big games esp this season-hes become the leagues Mignolet or Karius. The guy is done, I'd love old hugo to be back but theres something wrong with him.
Dembele and Wanyama being done, I think it will take a major clear out of people like Lloris, Sissoko, Dier, trippier, and the rest of the deadwood on our books we have been trying to shift for a year plus toby and eriksen to get a team that is actually capable of getting over the line in anything. This one is a good team but not good enough and will always fail when it comes down to it.
How we can lose games like yesterday in the manner we did consistently under our best manager with our best team in 30 years is all the proof that is needed-its nothing to do with bad luck or more work to be done etc, half the squad is not good enough to compete for the major titles, its as simple as that.

We now need wolves, everton and leicester to do us a favour in their games against woolwich and pray we hit the ground running at the new place-no top four would be a fucking monumental fuck up for this club right now and after being so comfortable in third.

Thought I’d leave it a little while to cool down after yesterday before posting.
Will undoubtedly be an unpopular view, but I’m fucking sick of Hugo at the moment & believe he should be dropped.
His distribution is lacking (& that has always been an issue for me) & I’m still scratching my head at him parrying that header onto Toby’s shin. It was an easy catch. If I’m wrong about that, then surely he should parry it to the side as far as possible away from his goal, not towards the centre of the 6 yard box?
I don’t know what’s happened to him or whether he feels he is unassailable as club & World Cup winning captain, but his brainfarts & poor concentration are pissing me right off.
It was an easy catch, no doubt. It was very, very weak by Hugo, a weak header that went through his hands and dropped straight at the feet of Toby. Yes, Toby was in a bit of a strange position, but a competent keeper holds that all day long.

It's not just the clear as day mistakes Hugo makes, he's now making hard work out of what would have previously been routine saves.

I've seen the Sissoko's chance again and I don't think we could blame him much.

Van Dijk closed the passing lane to Son and shooting was the only option for Sissoko, it's a shame that he didn't gt the shot on target but shooting and scoring was never Sissoko's strength.

I'm more pissed off about Rose's cross that was way off that shortly followed, he's an offensive wingback and he IS supposed to do those well.
True, Rose's fuck up was bigger, but every footballer needs at least a basic ability to put the ball in the net. Sissoko couldn't score in a brothel

Back
Top Bottom