Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Judging by what I see every week in all top 5 leagues it was better than that. It truly is just fundamental play taught at an early age but it is never employed. Therefore, in execution, it was exceptional defending by the simple fact that only 1 other defender in the PL employs it. He didn't just shade between the player he was almost in line forcing him left.

those player in great abundance out there in white today?

pfft...and pffttt...

Looking at the remianing fixtures with 5 out of 7 at home, you'd hope the new stadium gives us a much needed boost.

We are unlikely to get anything from the city game but more than capable of winning the rest of those fixtures so I'm still backing us for top 4

Why waste another 45 on 3 at the back. We were superb second half going to 4 again. Hugo is done, concentration is just not there. Got to be 12-15 points he has cost us. Poch has simply chopped and changed way to much and its reflected in consistency. Sanchez is a train wreck at the minute. Just play your best back four week in week out.

Better till Nikesh that.

Seems to think we can’t compete away and the game I’m watching we are not really in or trying.

Go figure.....

Oh yes. The tide has surely turned. Those teams we beat then sacked their managers soon after. First half we weren't econd half is much more like it. Still a defensive mistake in us which will give them a goal.

Almost like I saw it coming. All that effort to put ourselves in a position where we should win to concede a goal slightly less stupid like then the Chelsea one.

Lloris and Pickford have basically gifted Liverpool 4 points this season from errors that no top level goalkeeper should be committing.

The luck they've got this season is fucking unbearable.

Throw in Vorm's contribution too. Another 3 points.

They were absolutely there for the taking today, they were shitting it in that second half, but through a lack of belief and ability, we just couldn't beat 'em.

This squad is completely and utterly done IMO. Too many players are completely maxed out both physically and ability wise. 10 league losses is fucking horrendous but we could be much worse off, bar the odd game here and there we've been catshit all season compared to our previous standards.

I just hope and pray we can dig out a few wins and scrape top four but I honestly think it'll be a very long end to the season.
Might seem very negative but there's no point in hiding from the truth.

Meh, well I thought we were fucking excellent in that second half anyway.

Play like that in our remaining games and we'll get over the line.

I actually thought we played well second half. Real shame Lucas had to be subbed with that little knock. Superb all game.

Sanchez, trippier and eriksen need to fuck off. Rose and vertonghen played well I though. Sissoko missed a sitter but everyone knew he would. But then why is eriksen alli etc not busting a fucking gut to get the 1v1 instead of him.

Rose and alli also had v good chances. Kane not fit for me still, telling that he seems unable to get in positions he used to get a yard and shoot.

Overall it's a fucking shocker of a result given our 2nd half. Pool were awful all half. But then we should have beaten Woolwich and Chelsea who were both there for the taking.

I'm livid but sadly I said as soon as alli missed we would lose.
Ka

I point from the last 15. To me that means something is seriously wrong with these players.
This is fucking Redknapp's-last-season levels of implosion.

And yet, while that was pretty clearly down to the distraction of the England job becoming available, this one really does feel like the culmination of rolling the dice on shit transfer policy and getting injuries (and Eriksen clearly with one eye on the exit door) that have exposed it.

Since Kane came back from injury..... In the league we've played 5... Lost 4 and drawn one.........

The previous 4 games without him read WWWW.......

That is staggering and incomprehensible????

Make no mistake..... This capitulation is on a par if not worse than when Redknapp gave up a massive lead in 3rd........

Unacceptable by anyone's standards

Sissoko is shy as player. He doesn't want the ball in bad position, doesn't want shoot etc.. I knew he's gonna miss it.
He's done very well this season but ffs, just shot on goal Moussa....

Sissoko passes to Son..... Then it's game over......

Its official.... The Footballing Gods hate Spurs..... No one could suffer as much shite as we do

He couldn’t pass to Son, Van Dijk knew to just let Sissoko shoot and closed Son off from him. It’s sad that we have a player who is so limited that opponents literally let him shoot at an open goal from 10 yards. I feel sorry for him.

Back
Top Bottom