Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The ability to tackle or intercept passes at speed and accurately play a pass to a teammate to re-set an attack, I would say, was a demonstration of high technical skill. Liverpool did that to us time and again in the first half until they were 2 up and then they cut out the riskier moves and passes - because they didn't have to.
They didn't just press us well - they gave us no time on the ball at all and did the things that we couldn't do or match - pass accurately and quickly whilst moving at speed. We were out passed and out thought.
I'd say that was a demonstration of how they were technically better than us by a long way - and I have no idea why you can't see that.
Read the posts mate. I am responding to the bloke who said as a side we are technically poor side, anyone that says that about this side has not watch how we play. I am NOT referencing YESTERDAYS game, read the fucking words again, plus my other post in another reply.

We were totally out played yesterday, we were 2nd to every ball, we didn't compete, we were pressed very well, given no time and had all our passing lines shut down. This was all brought about largely how we were set up by Poch who must shoulder the blame. The way to play against them was laid out before Poch's eyes, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out. If we would have set up like we did against Citeh at home may be a different game.

We are a very technically gifted side, one of the best in the league. We were utter shite yesterday though.

Read the posts mate. I am responding to the bloke who said as a side we are technically poor side, anyone that says that about this side has not watch how we play. I am NOT referencing YESTERDAYS game, read the fucking words again, plus my other post in another reply.

We were totally out played yesterday, we were 2nd to every ball, we didn't compete, we were pressed very well, given no time and had all our passing lines shut down. This was all brought about largely how we were set up by Poch who must shoulder the blame. The way to play against them was laid out before Poch's eyes, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out. If we would have set up like we did against Citeh at home may be a different game.

We are a very technically gifted side, one of the best in the league. We were utter shite yesterday though.
Agreed - I read your post in isolation, and apologise for taking it out of context.
:dierpochhug:

Our top end purchases have all been somewhat faulures. Frugal by top 6 standards.
Sissoko enough said , a record purchase that can't always make the bench . Madness .3/10.
Lamela being honest has never been great value but we miss his tenacity especially in the big games . First year 3/10 , know 7/10.
Soldado, we all like him but he was a super flop . 1/10
Janssen 2/10 he can only improve.
Son , wasteful, occasional brilliance . Technical ablity can go missing , Soft touch tends to bottle it . 4/10
We have had success in the bargain basement level . Two Belgium defenders 8/9 , Kenyan 8 . Dembele 8.
Eriksen 7.5 etc . Ali 9, walker 8 , Rose 8.
Baffling why the top end haven't delivered .

You were the one clamouring for 30m Sissoko ffs.

You've moaned about us ''being left behind'' for years. And what have we done? Improved and improved.

You get proven wrong every year and yet you still say the same nonsense.

You're becoming a parody.
Oh come on baby. I was clamouring out for Sissoko as a last resort on deadline day cos all our rivals had strengthened as we were sitting on our cash again looking for bargains.. I knew nothing about the player. Just wanted something to give us hope for the season ahead, Anything.
And for you to say I'm proved wrong every year. Now your really embarrassing yourself buddy. Every year we win fuck all. Every year we finish below a shite and pathetic Woolwich. Surely every year I'm proved right

I don't think 52 years of support is fickle. My point is valid, it is factual. You clearly are happy with performances like these.
I am not pleased, where the fuck have I said that. I have also made no reference towards you at all, you jumped on my post that was directly aimed at another poster. This poster is fickle, his words are fickle.

Quite why you are involved in this conversation at all is up to you but to avoid any doubt I am not calling you out now or previously.

I am not pleased, where the fuck have I said that. I have also made no reference towards you at all, you jumped on my post that was directly aimed at another poster. This poster is fickle, his words are fickle.

Quite why you are involved in this conversation at all is up to you but to avoid any doubt I am not calling you out now or previously.

What? Not aimed at me? You mean I've wasted all that quality seething?
This weekend is just getting worse!
:memelol:

Oh come on baby. I was clamouring out for Sissoko as a last resort on deadline day cos all our rivals had strengthened as we were sitting on our cash again looking for bargains.. I knew nothing about the player. Just wanted something to give us hope for the season ahead, Anything.
And for you to say I'm proved wrong every year. Now your really embarrassing yourself buddy. Every year we win fuck all. Every year we finish below a shite and pathetic Woolwich. Surely every year I'm proved right
Well thank you very much for showcasing exactly what kind of fan you are.

Wallowing in being proven right about finishing below Woolwich.

That's the problem with fans like you. You evaluate progression by such arbitrary nonsense like not finishing above a certain side. It's pathetic.

Our side has improved exponentially since Poch has been here. That's what matters. Not finishing above fucking Woolwich.

And lol @ trying to somehow justify you clamouring for Sissoko. You admit you wanted to spend money on anyone even if you didn't know who the fuck they were or if they were any good on some nonsense about ''hope''.

Hope?! Jesus wept

Does not having the youngest side in the League that finished 3rd not give you hope? Dele Alli? Danny Rose? Harry Kane? Eric Dier?

Nah, you need a Sissoko you know nothing about.

Unbelievable, that.

People like SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013 seem to not tolerate views that lean to the negative side, as evidenced by his new thread today.
We're two points off United. Welp. How a couple of average results can change things rapidly.
Because we're 2nd and our only losses (3) have come away to top sides.

In the whole scheme of things...what should we be negative about? Another year of improvement?

What a cunt I am for seeing the good in this side.

As you say, what a change a couple of results make, now go see our next 9 League fixtures.

Because we're 2nd and our only losses (3) have come away to top sides.

In the whole scheme of things...what should we be negative about? Another year of improvement?

As you say, what a change a couple of results make, now go see our next 9 League fixtures.
Of course, that said, our record in away games against top clubs isn't up to standard. Maybe it will be at some point.

The football world in the last 6 weeks has telegraphed how to beat Liverpool, certainly didn't see us play similarly to that. For all his good points imo Poch is a slow learner, all I can hope for now is that he's actually learned from previous European expeditions and we don't shit the bed for the remainder of the season.

The 4231 looks to be far less effective than what it was last season and because of an injury we're forced to return to it. Quite brittle imo if 1 injury to Rose/Vertonghen places no faith in Wimmer/Davies to play our best system, it's costing us points. I just hope it doesn't cost us a spot in the top 4.

My opinion of Poch will be enhanced or eroded on the next two and a half months. League is pretty much gone. A long cup run (either, I'm not fussed which) is a must. Take it seriously, field strong sides.

The days of being content with improvement are quickly fading away, this club, more than most, needs a trophy, and soon.

Nothing wrong with seeing good in the side like we all do. But the inability to criticize, or accept it from others, and your willingness to accept our place as also rans rubs some of us the wrong way.
At least you got the first part of your sentence right though

Poch has questioned our mentality, whereas Danny Murphy has wondered why we played four at the back.
The simple answer to why we don't beat the top sides is lack of squad depth.
Without Jan and Rose we aren't good enough. When we have a fully fit starting 11 we can beat anyone, but we rarely have a fully fit starting 11.

Back
Top Bottom