Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday 4 Feb. 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have just realised that we drew! Serves me right for switching off when they scored their second!!!! Suppose I'll watch MOTD now, if only to see Klippity lose his head. Hanging my head in shame for losing the faith.

Sanchez seemed a bit shaken by the intensity of the game. I thought he still made a lot of valuable interceptions and tackles, but yeah there were a lot of mistakes too.

Not too worried though, considering his age and previous form.
His first game at Anfield. A bit similar to how a few of ours would never have experienced anything like Newport before.

That's really interesting, especially considering we gave them the gift we did, most teams who score after three minutes go on to win the game but they never looked like doing that. It really feels like we won this game and I think we will take confidence from it whereas they didn't get the revenge they so desperately wanted. What did Klopp say pre-game? An open card or something like that? Well, it's closed now and it's 4 points to 1 to us.

In case anyone's missed this, here's an ex referee explaining both penalty decisions:

He told Sky Sports: "The first penalty is very interesting. [Harry] Kane is in an offside position and [Dejan] Lovren has the chance to clear the ball and takes a chance.

"He has an ample opportunity to clear it. He doesn't clear it and he's clearly hit the ball. The ball comes through to Kane who is now not offside, as the law states.

"I thought it was excellent because you can quite clearly hear Eddie Smart say to Jon Moss, "I don't know if he's played the ball.

"It might have taken a bit of time but at the end they came to the right decision and both officials should be applauded. Lovren miskicks the ball so Kane is therefore onside.

Second:

"It's very difficult because the penalty area is so crowded that [Moss] has to look across on the diagonally," the former official added.

"There's no doubt there's a foul and it's another example of great teamwork between the two [Moss and Smart]. It underpins the strength of their game.

"In the debrief after the game, they'll be told that they made the big, match-changing decisions correct on the day."

Like I said let me know if you go on Weds. I'd love to see if you'd repeat that shite to the face of somebody.

No fighting, no "fisticuffs", just interested how much of a complete keyboard warrior you are.

Whilst you're there don't forget to canvas a few punters and call those happy with a draw a "cunt", will ya!

:sonpoint:

Last edited:
I have just realised that we drew! Serves me right for switching off when they scored their second!!!! Suppose I'll watch MOTD now, if only to see Klippity lose his head. Hanging my head in shame for losing the faith.
Yeah, shamed to say I turned off too and had a Scouse friend message me 'you lucky bastard' about a minute later.

Each of the pens and Wanyama's goal were the result of defensive mistakes from Liverpool today. Same as the last time we played them. They can't defend and any team playing them just needs to survive the early onslaught and then wait for their chance.

Back
Top Bottom