Liverpool vs Tottenham - Sunday May 5th - 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't watch all this shit anymore!
I love this club, my wife wants to have me admitted - almost every weekend is ruined and things don't look any better in Frankfurt (don't hold it against me - but that's how it is, I suffer twice as much)!

Nevertheless - close your eyes and wipe your mouth - on Saturday we destroy Burnley and in Germany Eintracht beat Mönchengladbach away!

Despite everything - have a nice Sunday evening and have a good start to the next week!

I don't want to experience all this shit anymore!

Going Crazy GIF

If we do have to accept 4th or 5th every season then ticket prices shouldnt be so high. Had a look at burnley game the other week. One ticket was 173 quid. Can fly to spain and back paying that. Ludicrous.
Have another look, there were loads of tickets available on the exchange this morning for about £55.00. For the final home game that is unusual.

Sorry fella; none of this is a case of "splitting hairs"........... You've claimed to want to learn from Brighton without looking very intently at what that actually constitutes if transposed onto this club. (of course if there's traits to Brighton that I've not considered; I suspect you would have pointed them out by now.)

"Something needs to change [give]"..... If that's the extent of the level of detail you're prepared to indulge then fine without getting annoyed; I agree........ The change I'd like to see is to win more games and trophies.

I wanted change and thought "something has to give" in terms of our scouting and recruitment team for a long while and the new crop - whilst not boasting a 100% hit rate - have proven better.

......Any further positive change or upswing will be gratefully welcomed.

Would you go one further to suggest that a change of ownership and a replacement of chairman on this public company would be in the sporting interest of the club and fans?

The last 25 minutes showed if we want it, we can surely compete. Which is a shame because I don't know why the lads have no desire to win games at this stage of the season. And against London teams, we were totally subdued, like they really don't care about rivalry games.

How’s this for a bit of cross~thread pollination: if you go to Off Topic / Broken Britain , page 9 : ” The state of .. posted by Sean 2 Nov 2023. Take a look . It’ll only take a few minutes ….
I hate , hate to say it but this is where we’re at right now . Until it’s all gone wrong ( with planning and tactics and personnel) . Right people , wrong place maybe - but it’s all clearly going to shit . Then , when it’s clearly not going to end well ; a reinforcement comes along with a change of plan and takes charge with brute force and energy . But we’re already 4 down and the scene ( please watch it ; is a clown show that can only end badly ) . What we’re watching is art imitating life . What it used to be , watching us was a different thing all together. In the film ( please watch it ; ) the copper ends up in the gutter . We’ve all been there . Yet , at one time, this club would have us looking at the stars . As the comment by Sean went ” the state of this ” ….

Depends greatly on the replacement.

Sportswashers - No fucking thank you.

I don't think sportswashers will find the PL as interesting now FFP is being enforced (at least partially).

I just want an owner whose primary focus is on the field success. Even recent interviews with levy and his mate Simon Jordan make it clear that the intention is for more of the same, investment in property and infrastructure over taking the step to achieve a step change in our sporting fortunes (even potentially at a financial loss if that's what it takes).

Right now, I feel like I did back when I was 7, when my mum and dad stuck me in Sunday School so they could have a cheeky weekend fuck. I was told by the church elders to believe in God and I tried earnestly to buy into what they were selling, but deep down I wasn't sure. I kept the faith but it was a confused one.

That's where I'm at. I want to believe in Ange and I do understand what he's trying to build, how he's aiming to shed the weak and keep the strong, but I'm not actually convinced he has what it takes to succeed at this stage. It's just hope and faith.

What I do know for sure is that I'm sick of seeing new managers come in so maybe the principal reason for sitting on the 'Ange in' side of the fence is a desire to see one man's vision through to the end. I 100% understand where the Ange-outers like your good selves are coming from though. It's the reason why you won't see me in any cunt-offs.
Sunday school? Unlucky mate, me and my brother got left downstairs with a box of Lego! 🤣

The last 25 minutes showed if we want it, we can surely compete. Which is a shame because I don't know why the lads have no desire to win games at this stage of the season. And against London teams, we were totally subdued, like they really don't care about rivalry games.
Anyone can compete when the pressure is off. Liverpool took their foot off the gas and put on kids. We've been battered four times in a row and I wouldn't be surprised if we draw or lose to Burnley as well at this rate.

1st goal Royal tries to keep the line with Mickey which is completely busted by either Porro/Romero one of whom is two yards deeper.

2nd goal was Porro and our midfield completely missing as Robertson tapped in.

3rd goal Porro loses the ball softly to Robertson. Royal is initially one out with Salah and wins the contest but no one helps and Bentancur doesn't even shout as Elliot comes in to take the ball.

4th goal Bentancur doesn't even bother to tackle Elliot.

Royal is a second string player being played out of position. He's an easy scapegoat for the mob but the real responsibility for all of those goals is on our 1st team players and manager.

I agree, back up player playing out of position. But also he was really lax and didn’t pressure Elliot, just gave him a free cross for Gspko’s goal.

I used to like Dejan but what does he do now. All hustle and bustle out on the right, cut in and pass sideways. He can’t beat a man and he doesn’t shoot any more. Sell him.
I'm coming around to this opinion too..

If he can't spend the summer and more working on his right foot and adding another movement or technique to his game then he will be nothing more than a 'what could have been'

Did Royal get a clean sweep of culpability in all 4 goals?

3 certainly, a shithouse of a performance
He seems a nice guy, a decent enough player, but should have been jogged on, but like a Christmas dinner infused shit, the guy won’t fucking flush and he keeps drifting back to the surface.

Yeah, he's fucking awful but then he made his debut under Nuno against Palace and I thought we'd been sold a dud, nothing in the subsequent years (and evidently 100 appearances) has changed my mind.

LOL and we'd gift Woolwich the title.
Usually you can pick one attribute that you can see why a player would be at your club but with him I see nothing decent. He’s not good at anything. This is Tottenham and he’s playing left back for us! It defies logic. He’s wouldn’t even be decent in the championship.

The last 25 minutes we looked decent. But then Liverpoo withdrew their holding midfield and while we scored 2 & could have scored more, they were 4 to the good and could also have added at least a few more.

Players, I think, will be like any other employee, if they can get away with 5% less they will. And at the elite level that 5% is fatal. A good coach limits that drop off. A great coach stops it.

Back
Top Bottom