Liverpool vs Tottenham - Sunday May 5th - 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Animated GIF

Can't we just borrow the Crystal Palace squad for Sunday... Cos THEY know how to get a result up there?

Why CAN'T we just 'cause a shock result' ourselves? Why does it always have to play out to type with us?

Arguable the worst Chelsea side in years, and Liverpool on the wobble, yet we've already let Chelsea look like their vintage CL quality teams, and no doubt we'll let Liverpool do the same...

Why IS that?

is there anybody out there who knows some witch doctor 4 hire?
my best realistic tactical change 4 that game would be put some voodo witch doctors at each corner
ZL4WJE.gif

VAR revenge day. We will get absolutely fuck all from a homer ref.

We will get fuck all and we will do fuck all.

Set piece heaven for the victims and a total collapse by us.

Every weakness will be exposed and our ineptitude will be embarrassing.

There you go, reverse psychology.

Never fails.

5-1 Spurs, Klopp chins Salah, Van Dyke scores 2 own goals, Nunez runs into the post - twice.

This game might have to come with a viewer discretion message before the coverage starts...

"THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMME CONTAINS GRAPHIC SCENES OF VIOLENCE AND TORTURE TOWARDS WEAK, DEFENCELESS ANIMALS THAT SOME VIEWERS MIGHT FIND DISTURBING"

The rest of our team I can see us improving naturally but our front line is so meh. Have to hope we buy good in the summer up top or Lankshear and Moore are world beaters.
We essentially need three new starters for the front line. It is really worrying because none of them are of the required quality.

Their season has unravelled and they are playing almost as badly as us, so maybe we can get something.

We essentially need three new starters for the front line. It is really worrying because none of them are of the required quality.

You could have Kane, Mbappe and Vinicius up front, if your midfield doesn't progress the ball properly they will still do fuck all. What happened to this:

View: https://twitter.com/rtjenky/status/1785953826333245872

That's literally the same players, unfortunately their balls have now shrivelled up. That pass from Sarr (under pressure) that opens up the play simply doesn't get played anymore. We have gone back to playing wimp-ball.

This game isn't meaningless. We don't have 5th sewn up, or even 6th. I know there are plenty in here who have no time at all for the Europa League but this is a club with European heritage and in European competition is where we must be. It's the bare minimum. It's also another trophy to aim for. Ok, we'll aim and miss as always, but we should always be in at least one of those competitions.

If we manage to go from 4th in our own hands to 7th by the end of the season then it's been a total collapse. It musn't happen.

Even if the players don't give a shit I fucking do. It's why I pay absurd ST prices.

We will lose the next two comfortably and win our last two which will get us 5th but I honestly think the Liverpool and City games are going to worse than the last two in terms of score lines. The Woolwich and Chelsea games hurt more because of who it is but I’m dreading going on Sunday and I’m not in anyway am I going to the City game. The city game is the biggest Lose Lose game in our history 🤣🤣🤣

The rest of our team I can see us improving naturally but our front line is so meh. Have to hope we buy good in the summer up top or Lankshear and Moore are world beaters.
Agree with that.

I believe a proper DM and a LW/Striker should be top priorities. I don't see any of our midfielders being natural DM's. Apart from Skipp who I don't believe is good enough. Sub at best.

I like most am concerned about the lack of progression we have shown this season.

But, I do understand what Ange means about not being interested in set pieces. There are so many areas where we are poor that he has to prioritize getting the football right. Not to say we shouldn't look at getting a set-piece coach. In fact, the whole coaching set up is worrying to me.

We have re-vamped the backroom staff so we could now look at the coaching side imv. Having Mason there worries me. He has no merit to be there.

If Ange in fact takes no part in training/coaching and lets his coaches do the work as I have read, that is a big concern also.

Back
Top Bottom