Local cunts want money off Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I personally think the club should get the fuck out of the area and rebuild just nor........... Oh. hang on, I posted this before didnt I. Mry feedback wasn`t very positive.

The comments on that article are all Spurs fans slagging the area off and no doubt some people will start calling poor people scum etc. I don't go along with all that, but even I can see how ridiculous it is for these people to demand 100 million quid from our club.

Local people should have the opportunity to have their say on what happens to the area, not have it imposed on them by rich businessmen or greedy councils. But a bunch of jokers making extortionate demands can fuck right off.

With demands like that make it sound like they would of preferred us to have gone to Stratford?
If the club wasn't there I would hate to think how bad the area would be.

I can just imagine their meeting.

"Ooh, Spurs are getting moving with improving the area, it seems they have lots of money so let's just pull a figure out of our arses...say £100m, and demand it from them on the basis that making the area better isn't good for us."

Seems to me, 'Our Tottenham', is Gooners.

As I understand it, these people are not even representative. They are just a bunch of people who have got together and Spurs were good enough to listen to them. They are not elected, just volunteers. Judging by the noises they are making, they sound like good little marxists - excellent at PR and wanting money for nothing.

I think it is wrong to slag off the area or the local people based on what a bunch of dinosaurs are saying.

Let Spurs, the Mayor, London Transport and the Council get on with the regeneration they have planned and ignore these bandwaggon jumpers looking for a handout.

As I understand it, these people are not even representative. They are just a bunch of people who have got together and Spurs were good enough to listen to them. They are not elected, just volunteers. Judging by the noises they are making, they sound like good little marxists - excellent at PR and wanting money for nothing.

I think it is wrong to slag off the area or the local people based on what a bunch of dinosaurs are saying.

Let Spurs, the Mayor, London Transport and the Council get on with the regeneration they have planned and ignore these bandwaggon jumpers looking for a handout.

Dinosaurs? I would have accepted leeches, scroungers, cuntoids, or...

...oh, I see. One is a trade unionist so we have to default to what we have been systematically programmed to refer to them as by anyone anti-union! Nice...

I think the group is representative - it is composed of local residents who want to ensure that local residents are stood up for.

It's alright saying they're just gooners or there are more gooners in Tottenham than Spurs fans, but in the adult world, football rivalry has fuck all to do with this.

300 local people in the Love Lane area are being kicked out of their homes as part of the plans our club has agreed with the council. The local residents don't get to say "no", they just get turfed out. Part of the money from the sale of that land will be given to our club as part of the public funding we are getting.

I'm not disagreeing that our new stadium and regeneration plans will bring positives to the area. But you have to be honest with yourself and ask if local residents who lose their homes, can't afford the new homes that are built, and end up getting relocated to the Midlands, will think that our new stadium had a positive impact on their lives.

The truth isn't as simple as writing a group of local campaigners who clearly are concerned with sticking up for their local community off as 'Marxists' or, lol, 'gooners'.

I still agree the demand for 100 million is laughable though.

Bring on the hate...

I don't know about them being unionists or whatever, all I see is that a few local people have got together and rather than encourage the development in a deprived area, and help to ensure that other local people and businesses also invest and subsequently thrive in an are of improvement and growth, respond by jumping in and demanding money up front. That is what I refer to as dinosaur behaviour. I do not see it as 'sticking up for the local community' but rather taking advantage to ensure own nest is feathered.
They are not part of the representative council, so they have not been part of the negotiations and are not in the know, but they are capable of demanding lots of dosh and getting media exposure.

Everywhere I've lived, the council has acted in its own money grabbing interests and given ordinary residents no choice whatsoever, when the council wants something done. Sure they'll spin out the lines at election time, but after that it's back to self serving wankers.

The idea that these local residents are not representative of local residents at all, and are only in it for themselves, while the council is acting purely with the interests of the local residents at heart, is not in touch with reality.

Everywhere I've lived, the council has acted in its own money grabbing interests and given ordinary residents no choice whatsoever, when the council wants something done. Sure they'll spin out the lines at election time, but after that it's back to self serving wankers.

The idea that these local residents are not representative of local residents at all, and are only in it for themselves, while the council is acting purely with the interests of the local residents at heart, is not in touch with reality.

Then you live in a different area to me. The LOCAL council is made up of people, mainly retired, who are volunteers and unpaid. They are elected by the locals and are not always party political.

Local interest groups like this are rarely backed by a majority of locals - if they are, it is taken up by the council. Usually people with an agenda. Nothing wrong with that, if they can get enough people interested in the agenda to get a representative on the council.

Back
Top Bottom