Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Van-Gaal-580x407.png
i misread that and thought we signed Mangala :gomes:

since I feel we are going to get louie I feel like everyone should post there favorite quote from him to prepare ourselves for next seasons post match circus..I kinda like how he just seems to not give a fuck and thinks his gods gift to football (which he may well be)
my inaugural quote and quite fitting
(to ajax director) "congratulations on signing the best coach in the world"

since I feel we are going to get louie I feel like everyone should post there favorite quote from him to prepare ourselves for next seasons post match circus..I kinda like how he just seems to not give a fuck and thinks his gods gift to football (which he may well be)
my inaugural quote and quite fitting
(to ajax director) "congratulations on signing the best coach in the world"

Him and Mourhino next season are going to be a blast, fireworks.

I have to say, Im going to laugh hard when "talking shit in the papers" suddenly becomes funny and witty and lovable...........:llorishuh:

Louis van Gaal is one of the most self-absorbed men in the world of football. He is utterly convinced that he knows more, sees more and can influence more than pretty much everyone else. And if people forget to properly praise him for his achievements, he’ll just praise himself. Because he deserves it. Here are 15 typifying quotes.

20376572891483881170.jpg

1) I know I’m a very good coach.

2) Am I the one who’s so smart, or are you so stupid?

(After a journalist had asked him a question.)

3) Congratulations on signing the best coach in the world.

(To an Ajax director, after signing his first contract as coach.)

1358783925023.jpg

4) Louis van Gaal has nothing more to learn.

(Said about himself in 2001. Later that year he failed to qualify for the World Cup with the Netherlands.)

5) No, I am the ideal man, of course.

(When asked whether Eric Gerets was the ideal man to coach Belgium.)

6) The Bavarian attitude to life suits me perfectly. Why? Bayern’s motto is ‘Mia san mia,’ ‘We are who we are’ and I am who I am: confident, arrogant, dominant, honest, hard-working and innovative.”

(At his first press conference as Bayern Munich coach.)

Louis-van-Gaal-002.jpg

7) I have achieved more with Ajax in six years
than Barcelona has in one hundred years.

(In 1997 after becoming coach of Barcelona.)

8) I’ve signed a contract with the Dutch national team until 2006,
so I can win the World Cup not once but twice.

(Van Gaal in 2000. He failed to even qualify for the 2002 World Cup and then quit as NT coach.)

9) I’m not the kind of coach who just goes out and buys players for the sake of it. I’m a coach who wants to – and can – improve players.

Van-Gaal4.jpg

10) Guardiola follows the Van Gaal Philosophy. So I’m not surprised Bayern have hired Guardiola. Bayern always hire the best managers.

(Ex-Bayern Manager Louis van Gaal)

11) I cry almost every day. There’s always something that touches me.

12) I’ve never worn leggings like Robben does. I’m never cold because I’m warm bloooded. My wife says so too. We always sleep spooning.

576974-louis-van-gaal.jpg

13) If you want to, go ahead.

(After a reporter asked Van Gaal whether he wanted to congratulate his former friend Ronald Koeman with winning the Eredivisie with PSV.)

14) I hope the desire to win is greater than the tiredness. But the body is less strong than the mind. And we’ve got a few wimps in this team.

(Ahead of a DFP Pokal match with Bayern.)

15) Friends of the press, I’m leaving. Congratulations.

(After quitting from Barcelona)

Van-Gaal.jpg

I have to say, Im going to laugh hard when "talking shit in the papers" suddenly becomes funny and witty and lovable...........:llorishuh:

Louis van Gaal is one of the most self-absorbed men in the world of football. He is utterly convinced that he knows more, sees more and can influence more than pretty much everyone else. And if people forget to properly praise him for his achievements, he’ll just praise himself. Because he deserves it. Here are 15 typifying quotes.

20376572891483881170.jpg

1) I know I’m a very good coach.

2) Am I the one who’s so smart, or are you so stupid?

(After a journalist had asked him a question.)

3) Congratulations on signing the best coach in the world.

(To an Ajax director, after signing his first contract as coach.)

1358783925023.jpg

4) Louis van Gaal has nothing more to learn.

(Said about himself in 2001. Later that year he failed to qualify for the World Cup with the Netherlands.)

5) No, I am the ideal man, of course.

(When asked whether Eric Gerets was the ideal man to coach Belgium.)

6) The Bavarian attitude to life suits me perfectly. Why? Bayern’s motto is ‘Mia san mia,’ ‘We are who we are’ and I am who I am: confident, arrogant, dominant, honest, hard-working and innovative.”

(At his first press conference as Bayern Munich coach.)

Louis-van-Gaal-002.jpg

7) I have achieved more with Ajax in six years
than Barcelona has in one hundred years.

(In 1997 after becoming coach of Barcelona.)

8) I’ve signed a contract with the Dutch national team until 2006,
so I can win the World Cup not once but twice.

(Van Gaal in 2000. He failed to even qualify for the 2002 World Cup and then quit as NT coach.)

9) I’m not the kind of coach who just goes out and buys players for the sake of it. I’m a coach who wants to – and can – improve players.

Van-Gaal4.jpg

10) Guardiola follows the Van Gaal Philosophy. So I’m not surprised Bayern have hired Guardiola. Bayern always hire the best managers.

(Ex-Bayern Manager Louis van Gaal)

11) I cry almost every day. There’s always something that touches me.

12) I’ve never worn leggings like Robben does. I’m never cold because I’m warm bloooded. My wife says so too. We always sleep spooning.

576974-louis-van-gaal.jpg

13) If you want to, go ahead.

(After a reporter asked Van Gaal whether he wanted to congratulate his former friend Ronald Koeman with winning the Eredivisie with PSV.)

14) I hope the desire to win is greater than the tiredness. But the body is less strong than the mind. And we’ve got a few wimps in this team.

(Ahead of a DFP Pokal match with Bayern.)

15) Friends of the press, I’m leaving. Congratulations.

(After quitting from Barcelona)

Van-Gaal.jpg

Thanks, I've not seen those quotes before.

:paulinhofacepalm:

Personally I love. Spurs fans often have a go at Sherwood for being arrogant and cocky but I'd rather that than passive and boring, I want a bit of spark from the manager. Mourinho can drive you mad but he is a great manager, no-one can say otherwise. Van Gaal will probably take it to a whole new level at Spurs and if he drags us up the league kicking and screaming then lets just enjoy the ride.

gives us some quotes zin...

Sammy fucked it up by smashing out 15 but surely you can find some more funny shit...

don't hate fun mate

I'm just shocked nobody in 53 pages bothered to post LvG quotes in a LvG thread, I'm going to go post some Sherwood quotes in the Sherwood thread now, I think Sammy has LvG covered.

I'm just shocked nobody in 53 pages bothered to post LvG quotes in a LvG thread, I'm going to go post some Sherwood quotes in the Sherwood thread now, I think Sammy has LvG covered.

im pretty sure they have...just getting my self pumped up for the inevitable circus with some of his finest...

sherwoods given us some great ammo...
was loving his stand off with the fav v sunderland...those photos are priceless

"I'm totally sick of being national coach."

Biggest hint yet that he's coming!

...and I can't wait to hear 'Shpursh' pronounced with a Dutch accent again!!

"I'm totally sick of being national coach."

Biggest hint yet that he's coming!

...and I can't wait to hear 'Shpursh' pronounced with a Dutch accent again!!

well I keep calling him Louie van G-A-A-L where supposedly its pronounced H-A-A-L...
any dutch speakers on here that can confirm this??

Him and Mourhino next season are going to be a blast, fireworks.
You do realise they have a kind of father son relationship? They are mates who have the upmost respect for each other.
2 months ago LvG gave a speech in London at a Football writers Moureen love in, where he was honoured by the great and good in football: Van Gaal recounting his first meeting with Mourinho in one of Barcelona's finer restaurants, having taken Sir Bobby Robson's job at Camp Nou, and being struck by the audacity of this smallish Portuguese guy - shouting, creating a scene, remonstrating with the club's president, Josep Lluís Núñez, for his treatment of Robson despite the presence of the new manager. That was the moment Van Gaal, struck by this outpouring of passion and loyalty, realised he had just found the ideal assistant, by complete accident.

That man, he said, was now the outstanding manager in the business and, if you know what Van Gaal thinks of himself, that is some statement. "I am always the 'arrogant Louis van Gaal' but now I am humble," he said. "Now, he is better than me."

For sure he will be nuts but between these two, I think it will be very respectful, may be playful but fireworks nah don't see it.

You do realise they have a kind of father son relationship? They are mates who have the upmost respect for each other.
2 months ago LvG gave a speech in London at a Football writers Moureen love in, where he was honoured by the great and good in football: Van Gaal recounting his first meeting with Mourinho in one of Barcelona's finer restaurants, having taken Sir Bobby Robson's job at Camp Nou, and being struck by the audacity of this smallish Portuguese guy - shouting, creating a scene, remonstrating with the club's president, Josep Lluís Núñez, for his treatment of Robson despite the presence of the new manager. That was the moment Van Gaal, struck by this outpouring of passion and loyalty, realised he had just found the ideal assistant, by complete accident.

That man, he said, was now the outstanding manager in the business and, if you know what Van Gaal thinks of himself, that is some statement. "I am always the 'arrogant Louis van Gaal' but now I am humble," he said. "Now, he is better than me."

For sure he will be nuts but between these two, I think it will be very respectful, may be playful but fireworks nah don't see it.

Great story but still think there is going to be drama, not talking about hate, just mind games and crazy quotes, looking forward to it if we get Van Gaal.

Back
Top Bottom