Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

glad to see we're carrying on with business. This is as important as new signings.

I expect they offered a new contract, he didn't feck about, the fans absolutely loved his kid coming on for that final game of the season. I expect he hasn't felt warmth like this from a club in a very long time. I hope him and his family are really happy.

For a long time in a while we have a real game changer on the bench... It's what we've lacked for years.

He certainly deserves us a raise for getting us to the final, that alone was worth a big wedge to the club, not only in CL prize money but global exposure.

Other players... please take note

Agreed. He should have started against Pool

Had a miserable time in Paris, barely getting a game. I have often said that some players come to the club and just get it.
Lucas gets it.
Lo Celso didn't exceed in Paris, played his role that he's best at in Betis and had a great season. With all the positivity that our team has with each other and Poch's coaching ability I'm hoping he gets the very best from Lo Celso like he did with Moura.

Great news, hope he gets lots of game time and it would be fantastic if he can carry on where he left off, last season. Desperately unlucky not to start the final, but he shows no sign of being bitter about it, just getting down to business. He deserves this new contract and should be one of our stars this season.

Had a miserable time in Paris, barely getting a game.

Barely getting a game *once Neymar and Mbappe arrived*

He was integral previously, on a great team. I said this when he signed, the guy had massive hype coming over from Brazil as a teenager, and if you squint a little bit, he actually kinda lived up to it, and we got him for a cut price fee. Terrific business.

It's a similar thing with Lamela in some ways, the key to appreciating him is focusing on what he is rather than what he's not.

Without a shadow of a doubt this guy will prove to be our 'ace in the hole' this season. Let all the clubs talk about our incoming transfers and the difference they will make and allow Lucas to quietly slip under the radar.
I have a feeling this guy will prove to be an essential part of the first team.

Without a shadow of a doubt this guy will prove to be our 'ace in the hole' this season. Let all the clubs talk about our incoming transfers and the difference they will make and allow Lucas to quietly slip under the radar.
I have a feeling this guy will prove to be an essential part of the first team.

Like Son took a while to find his feet I think you could be right. This could be his season to really breakthrough. We need to rotate and rest Kane when we get the opportunity.

He’s clearly happy at the club as well, which is a massive positive from a psychological point of view.

He starts to really believe in himself we have a player.

I told you nobody would get that Audi Trophy off him:

Bet it's under his pillow.
The particularly funny thing is that I'd wager Lucas has lifted far far more silverwear from his PSG days than anyone else in the squad.

The guy just loves football. You can tell it's in his very essence. So so happy we just tied him up to a new contract. Like I said previously - we took him in from the worst season of his life and gave him a new home with a lovely bunch of teammates and a fanbase that loves him; and going all the way to the CL final (albeit one he didn't get to start) within 18 months of being here.

It makes me so happy that he didn't go anywhere last summer when there seemed to be some rumblings of a potential move. With our formation changing slightly as Ndombele acclimatises and Winks hopefully stays fit (and the not unrealistic possibility of Eriksen leaving) I think Lucas could have an amazing season.

Back
Top Bottom