Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

About time this guy got some decent playing time. Anybody that thinks bergwijn should be starting ahead of him should look at their stats so far this season.

He has had decent playing time this year and sucked.

Bergwijn might not be ideal for the the starting 11 but he is light years better than Moura (and Bale at this point).

He has had decent playing time this year and sucked.

Bergwijn might not be ideal for the the starting 11 but he is light years better than Moura (and Bale at this point).
Light years in what way exactly. Please show me in what way he's been a better player than Lucas this year. He is less effective now than dele of last year. Contributes absolutely nothing but running back.

Light years in what way exactly. Please show me in what way he's been a better player than Lucas this year. He is less effective now than dele of last year. Contributes absolutely nothing but running back.

Light years better because every complaint that people have about Bergwijn goes double for Moura. People say Bergwijn didn't do enough offensively today, Moura consistently kills our offense by running into the opposition giving the ball away, being unable to control passes and constantly running into the space in which Kane and Son are already in bringing defenders with him to clog up the field resulting again in turnovers.

Outside of a 3 game span after the break, Moura has offered nothing defensively either.

Bergwijn needs to be better or upgraded but he is better at tracking back, better at running into space and chasing down long balls and better at not totally killing the attack.

Light years better because every complaint that people have about Bergwijn goes double for Moura. People say Bergwijn didn't do enough offensively today, Moura consistently kills our offense by running into the opposition giving the ball away, being unable to control passes and constantly running into the space in which Kane and Son are already in bringing defenders with him to clog up the field resulting again in turnovers.

Outside of a 3 game span after the break, Moura has offered nothing defensively either.

Bergwijn needs to be better or upgraded but he is better at tracking back, better at running into space and chasing down long balls and better at not totally killing the attack.
rtRxhDN.png

Sorry, that's not acceptable for a youth player on the wings, let alone one of our most expensive buys ever and a supposed senior player in a starter role.

He needs to be benched, he's playing like shit.

rtRxhDN.png

Sorry, that's not acceptable for a youth player on the wings, let alone one of our most expensive buys ever and a supposed senior player in a starter role.

He needs to be benched, he's playing like shit.

I have no problem with him being benched, I said he needs to be upgraded, but Moura is not an upgrade and Bale, whether because of fitness, age, decline etc, is not up for it either.

I would be fine putting Lo Celso in for him and either shifting the formation or even having him play as a winger, but the biggest issue we have right now is not Bergwijn is that we don't have someone who is a better option.

Lucas contributes far more than bergwijn imo even though he lacks consistency. He is a better dribbler can actually beat a player and chips in with goals and assists. I wouldnt mind if bergwijn actually completed a take on now and again everytime he tries to go round an opposition full back he gets read,beaten for pace and is easily dispossessed.

Lucas contributes far more than bergwijn imo even though he lacks consistency. He is a better dribbler can actually beat a player and chips in with goals and assists. I wouldnt mind if bergwijn actually completed a take on now and again everytime he tries to go round an opposition full back he gets read,beaten for pace and is easily dispossessed.

The next time Lucas beats a player will be the first. There is nothing he loves more than running right into defenders. I would say it is by far what he is best at.

If Moura is what people are clamouring for I think that it is pretty clear that the position needs an upgrade because Moura is clearly not starting 11 quality for a team that wants to win the PL, not even remotely close.

The next time Lucas beats a player will be the first. There is nothing he loves more than running right into defenders. I would say it is by far what he is best at.

If Moura is what people are clamouring for I think that it is pretty clear that the position needs an upgrade because Moura is clearly not starting 11 quality for a team that wants to win the PL, not even remotely close.
All I'm saying is he's a far better option than bergwijn. He's not the best right winger in the world but he is a winger and he atleast tries to beat people. Bergwijn Can't wait to get rid of the ball as soon as he receives it. Lucas already has 5 goals this season.

All I'm saying is he's a far better option than bergwijn. He's not the best right winger in the world but he is a winger and he atleast tries to beat people. Bergwijn Can't wait to get rid of the ball as soon as he receives it. Lucas already has 5 goals this season.

He has 4 goals in the EL mainly from being lucky enough to stand around while other players can create for him. 1 goal in 10 PL games this year, 4 goals in 35 PL games last year and is terrible without the ball, terrible with the ball and doesn't contribute defensively. He needs to score a hell of a lot more goals to justify how awful he is in every other aspect of the game.

He is much worse than Bergwijn, it isn't even debatable.

He has 4 goals in the EL mainly from being lucky enough to stand around while other players can create for him. 1 goal in 10 PL games this year, 4 goals in 35 PL games last year and is terrible without the ball, terrible with the ball and doesn't contribute defensively. He needs to score a hell of a lot more goals to justify how awful he is in every other aspect of the game.

He is much worse than Bergwijn, it isn't even debatable.
If it's that easy to score goals then bergwijn should have atleast double as Apparently he's so much better than moura.

If it's that easy to score goals then bergwijn should have atleast double as Apparently he's so much better than moura.

Who said it was easy?

I am saying that Bergwijn is better in every aspect of the game so Moura has to do a lot more than 1 goal so far in the PL and 4 last year to justify starting him in the PL games.

Moura doesn't score enough to overcome how poor he is in every other aspect of the game. Bergwijn is useful in other areas so he does not need to score as much to justify his role.

Who said it was easy?

I am saying that Bergwijn is better in every aspect of the game so Moura has to do a lot more than 1 goal so far in the PL and 4 last year to justify starting him in the PL games.

Moura doesn't score enough to overcome how poor he is in every other aspect of the game. Bergwijn is useful in other areas so he does not need to score as much to justify his role.
Bergwijn can't beat a player hardly scores hardly assists and hardly does anything of influence in a game apart from get behind the ball. If that's useful and warrants a starting spot then we are fucked. Son gets behind the ball so does kane they still contribute in an attacking sense as well.

Bergwijn can't beat a player hardly scores hardly assists and hardly does anything of influence in a game apart from get behind the ball. If that's useful and warrants a starting spot then we are fucked. Son gets behind the ball so does kane they still contribute in an attacking sense as well.

I have already said we should upgrade Bergwijn so not sure why you are trying to suggest it warrants a starting spot.

He does everything better than Moura except pick up stats, and Moura isn't really good at that. Bergwijn should be replaced in the starting 11, but not by Moura. We should have already had a better option and should now be looking at adding a better option in January.

I have already said we should upgrade Bergwijn so not sure why you are trying to suggest it warrants a starting spot.

He does everything better than Moura except pick up stats, and Moura isn't really good at that. Bergwijn should be replaced in the starting 11, but not by Moura. We should have already had a better option and should now be looking at adding a better option in January.
Lucas cannot do any worse than bergwijn right now. He's done nothing to suggest to me that he is a better option than lucas in this side. Lucas will atleast pop up with some match winning moments over the course of a season which he's done from his first season with us. Bergwijn has literally offered nothing this season except get behind the ball.

Lucas cannot do any worse than bergwijn right now. He's done nothing to suggest to me that he is a better option than lucas in this side. Lucas will atleast pop up with some match winning moments over the course of a season which he's done from his first season with us. Bergwijn has literally nothing except get behind the ball.

When did Moura pop up with any match winning moments this season?

He has played more than Bergwijn and been much worse this year.

Moura lives on the reputation from a few moments which get many fans to ignore the 95% of the games in which he has been crap in.

The is no reason to say that Moura can't be any worse when we have already seen that clearly he is worse.

I slowly came to the realisation that we should have brought Zaha. Yeah I know he's far from perfect but where we are at is a delicate balance if incremental gain, we need more offensively than Steve and Lucas Id sell the Brazilian and use Bergwin against side where we sit for a half and Zaha more offensively. If nothing else he get a shit load of pens for Kane. But when you look at what Place wabt for him and think about the frankly galling fact of what the Dippers spent on a player that hugely improves us in Jota🤬

Last edited:
I slowly came to the realisation that we should have brought Zaha. Yeah I know he's far from perfect but where we are at is a delicate balance if incremental gain, we need more offensively than Steve and Lucas Id sell the Brazilian and use Bergwin against side where we sit for a half and Zaha more offensively. If nothing else he get a shit load of pens for Kane. But when you look at what Place wabt for him and think about the frankly galling fact of what the Dippers spent on a player that hugely improves us in Jota🤬
I really don't see Zaha as a 'Jose' player. He would probably be on the bench here at best. Not enough defensive work in his game for Mourinho to trust him alongside Kane and Son.

TBH choosing between Lucas and Bergwijn isn't really much of a choice. Both much of a muchness and neither is ideal.

There's an argument we can rotate them without really altering how we play. At the moment our first 11 is going to be knackered by March/April and the bench options aren't getting enough game time to keep them sharp.

Back
Top Bottom