Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TBH choosing between Lucas and Bergwijn isn't really much of a choice. Both much of a muchness and neither is ideal.

There's an argument we can rotate them without really altering how we play. At the moment our first 11 is going to be knackered by March/April and the bench options aren't getting enough game time to keep them sharp.
I’m assuming Mourinho rates Berwijn’s defensive abilities, otherwise there’s no reason why Berg always plays over Moura.

I’m assuming Mourinho rates Berwijn’s defensive abilities, otherwise there’s no reason why Berg always plays over Moura.
Berwijn also complement Son and Kane much more. Lucas doesn’t really connect well with them but in game like today’s where nothing is going well, Lucas erratic style could have been useful.

Stevie B plays like someone whose goal is to not make a mistake. It’s frustrating when you can see how talented he is.

I sense Lucas or Bergwijn is the new 'Dav or Dier'.... Before too long, the bulk will conclude they're both shit; only for Jose to prove them wrong and set one of them off on a great run or form.

Fact is Jose seems to like the work-rate and willingness to defend of either or..... Yet peeps are prone to complaining about a lack of goals/assists from both.... Stevie seemingly is the current villain d'jour, yet he's the one that Jose seems keen on atm and is getting the EPL starts.

Funny old world innit. :)

I sense Lucas or Bergwijn is the new 'Dav or Dier'.... Before too long, the bulk will conclude they're both shit; only for Jose to prove them wrong and set one of them off on a great run or form.

Fact is Jose seems to like the work-rate and willingness to defend of either or..... Yet peeps are prone to complaining about a lack of goals/assists from both.... Stevie seemingly is the current villain d'jour, yet he's the one that Jose seems keen on atm and is getting the EPL starts.

Funny old world innit. :)
I think Moura has been much better individually than Bergwijn, though the latter keeps the structure of the team better. Which I guess Mourinho sees as more valuable.

Berg needs the confidence of Moura.

I think Moura has been much better individually than Bergwijn, though the latter keeps the structure of the team better. Which I guess Mourinho sees as more valuable.

Berg needs the confidence of Moura.

You might be right in that respect..... I think he's been much brighter in recent times than he has been since before his injury (Goal vs United aside).... He was visibly struggling to shed weight and regain fitiness afterwards, but seemed to come out of the last international break in much better shape.

I like him and think there's a lot more to come from him as long as he continues to work hard behind the scenes.

You might be right in that respect..... I think he's been much brighter in recent times than he has been since before his injury (Goal vs United aside).... He was visibly struggling to shed weight and regain fitiness afterwards, but seemed to come out of the last international break in much better shape.

I like him and think there's a lot more to come from him as long as he continues to work hard behind the scenes.
Obviously not one to kick up a fuss, fortunately neither is Moura or Lamela which makes it possible to rotate them and see who grabs their chances best.

One thing I’m amazed about Moura. He’s so consistently mediocre. More consistent than starbucks coffee

He’s not mediocre. He’s bad. He gives so many easy balls away and doesn’t link up properly with the rest of the team, plays with his head down and just runs into traffic.

I‘m not surprised that he fell out of the first XI this season, he is not good enough on the ball. If he had never scored that hat trick people would think he was shite.

He absolutely stunk the place up tonight. Usually can trust him to be a bit of an impact sub, run around, break the lines, pinch the ball off a toe, etc. He did nothing. Lack of workrate, could not pass the ball 5 yards, not one run with the ball. Worst display I have ever seen from him and a bizarre sub anyway.

Moura came on and stank up the joint, tho.

He's totally hit and miss.

As things stand with SB, you know you're going to get consistent defensive and pressing from him and bank on his final third play coming together.

Hard to criticise because he scored those goals against ajax and will be forever loved for that but he was genuine Sunday League tonight. Should only be used when we are pressing against weaker opposition

He runs and around and tries to tackle people but without the aggression and bite of Lamela.

Like a poodle yapping at you legs.
He tackles and litterally every time the ball bounces right back to a opposition player. Useless. I remember him being able to at least press towards the end of last season.

Back
Top Bottom