Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas is playing okay against smaller teams that most of us have never even heard of. I know it sounds harsh but he belongs to the championship league. He won't be able to start for any of PL teams right now, not even Brighton or fullham. What positive impact does he bring when he gets subbed on? Because I've seen literally nothing come out of him so far this season. Never mind that, I don't think I've seen anything decent from him since Ajax.
can't tell if you are being sarcastic...

Lucas is playing okay against smaller teams that most of us have never even heard of. I know it sounds harsh but he belongs to the championship league. He won't be able to start for any of PL teams right now, not even Brighton or fullham. What positive impact does he bring when he gets subbed on? Because I've seen literally nothing come out of him so far this season. Never mind that, I don't think I've seen anything decent from him since Ajax.

can't tell if you are being sarcastic...
He’s got higher goal contribution rate than Hugo and Hugo was a B’allon Dor nom a couple years ago and considered top class by many. So yeah. There’s that.

He is the player from our front I would not mind gone as he does not bring anything special to our game. Lamela is injury prone but the biggest fighter, Bergy time on his side etc. But I also have to admit , that Moura is a player I dont like so my judgement is not so trustworthy.

He is the player from our front I would not mind gone as he does not bring anything special to our game. Lamela is injury prone but the biggest fighter, Bergy time on his side etc. But I also have to admit , that Moura is a player I dont like so my judgement is not so trustworthy.
I would prefer we sold of Lamela (due to constant injuries) and Dele before we considered selling Lucas tbh.

I would prefer we sold of Lamela (due to constant injuries) and Dele before we considered selling Lucas tbh.

With Alli I am still hopeful that he can turn things around. Actually I am quite positive he will, just not if it will be in our shirt sadly.

Lamela I have a massive soft spot for so again my judgement is cloudy. Was he to stay fit he could be a mainstay in many games. But yeah, his injury record is something else....

On average, Lamela needs less games, and minutes to make an impact. He also offers a different dimension to our play, as evidently this game against Stoke.

On the other hands, Lucas needs so many games and minutes, just to have a good impact. Even when in theory, his attributes would be suited to make a difference: speed in counter attack situation.

As a back up, impact player, you don't need to play so many minutes. Just making the most impact out of your playing minutes. Lamela is better suited for this role. With a truly quality squad, you don't have enough game time to give to some players. Right now, we have this argument about who need to be sold due to the lack of cutting edge quality in our back up option.

Last edited:
I think the biggest problem with Lucas is that he isn’t threatening at all. At times today, he kept possession well or collected a ball through high work rate, but after that it typically doesn’t go much further.

His passing isn’t good enough to generate many assists. He isn’t a potent goal scoring threat. So when he is one the pitch it is really very easy for a defense. All they need to do is keep him in front on them and the best we can expect is a horizontal pass.

It isn’t like he isn’t trying or working hard, he just doesn’t have the end product to worry a defense and create opportunities more often than not.

He kills the play almost every time. Running into opponents, falling down instead of shooting, not playing easy passes, always has his head down. He’s just an incredibly limited player.

Even Sissoko got a nice assist today, when was the last time Lucas pulled off a pass like that? If he’d never scored that hat trick people would think he was shite. I honestly think Chadli and Kranjcar were much better than him. They could actually play and chipped in with a few more goals.

He kills the play almost every time. Running into opponents, falling down instead of shooting, not playing easy passes, always has his head down. He’s just an incredibly limited player.

Even Sissoko got a nice assist today, when was the last time Lucas pulled off a pass like that? If he’d never scored that hat trick people would think he was shite. I honestly think Chadli and Kranjcar were much better than him. They could actually play and chipped in with a few more goals.
I'm glad this is starting to become the prevailing consensus: that Lucas has been dining out on that CL semifinal ever since it happened.

I've been defending Poch's choice to start Kane over Lucas in the final since immediately after the match, on the basis that Poch rightly gambled on the very significantly better player and it just didn't come off for him (mostly because the whole team was garbage that night). I almost never hear that "shouldn't have started Kane" stuff anymore because people have finally realised just how inferior the alternatives were.

Just get rid ffs. Why do players like him always stick around too long at this club.

Almost any winger in the league is an upgrade, even a fairly ordinary player like Lookman would be a nice upgrade.

Hard to judge a player off few minutes, but one play stood out that he had a fairly easy pass in the midfield to start a counter, but instead tried to take on a player and lost it

He has very poor vision.

We need to cash in on him before too many people realise how bad he is.

Sissoko played slicker football than him today. All Lucas did was give the ball away.
No slight against you, mate, but it's funny when people say that thing about getting rid before full-time professional scouts see him play for a club they probably watch every week. :p

I don't think there's a way to fool big clubs into buying someone who hasn't shown something they want, especially when they would do their due diligence on a player before a transfer even if they've never seen him before in their lives.

I don’t want to be too harsh on Lucas because of everything he has done for the club and he seems like a great guy and teammate from what I have seen in videos on the club channels.

But it’s time to move on. He’s not fit for the Premier League anymore and we are past the Europa league group stages where he was useful. A sale in January would be best for his playing time and for us.

Back
Top Bottom