Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

GoalsAssistsShot saved/hit post/deflectionTotal
Lucas65213

Our 3rd most goal productive player.

Haha...
Can you add column "was thinking about the shot, but defender took the ball away" 5 (total 18) as well then maybe ? :D

It is true that he is on 6+5, but out of those 1+2 came against Marine+Wycombe; 2+1 against Ludogorets and 1 against LASK.
If we would take his overall contribution - he has played 1413 minutes which makes it goal or assist for every 128 minutes. But I mean look at the quality of opposition...League One level at best.

In EPL he has 600 minutes, 1 goal and 1 assist (so goal involvement for every 3,33 full games).
And he has started 5 games in this competition + 12 times subbed on.

I agree that this is better return than Bergwijns, but I also agree that neither are good enough as 3rd member of the attacking trio.

Haha...
Can you add column "was thinking about the shot, but defender took the ball away" 5 (total 18) as well then maybe ? :D

It is true that he is on 6+5, but out of those 1+2 came against Marine+Wycombe; 2+1 against Ludogorets and 1 against LASK.
If we would take his overall contribution - he has played 1413 minutes which makes it goal or assist for every 128 minutes. But I mean look at the quality of opposition...League One level at best.

In EPL he has 600 minutes, 1 goal and 1 assist (so goal involvement for every 3,33 full games).
And he has started 5 games in this competition + 12 times subbed on.

I agree that this is better return than Bergwijns, but I also agree that neither are good enough as 3rd member of the attacking trio.
80%+ of our games are against "only" this or that club.
He is doing it while others aren't.

GoalsAssistsShot saved/hit post/deflectionTotal
Lucas65213

Our 3rd most goal productive player.

I assume that is including his Europa League and low level Cup game stats where he shines against part time players and accountants?

No way he has put up those numbers against PL players where he looks like the clogger he is.

I assume that is including his Europa League and low level Cup game stats where he shines against part time players and accountants?

No way he has put up those numbers against PL players where he looks like the clogger he is.
Can we flesh out which goals count then? If LASK and Marine doesn't count, do we count Wycombe? Antwerp because they are potato farmers? But they beat us, I'm confused. What about West Brom? Brighton? No of course not, because they're shit. Except they beat us and Liverpool so they do count?

Does Everton count, and if not shall we just give them a bye this week? Or should we get a bye? I'm so confused.

Is there a UEFA coefficient ranking below which the goals don't count? Should we be allowed to celebrate getting top four if some of the wins and goals were against Sheffield United? Given that Liverpool had to play 6 matches against teams that got relegated last season, shall we rescind their championship? Can we remove Wayne Rooney's England record because some of the goals were against San Marino?

Let's just not play any games except for Man City and Barcelona. Except if we beat Man City it's because they are shit and it doesn't count.

Can we flesh out which goals count then? If LASK and Marine doesn't count, do we count Wycombe? Antwerp because they are potato farmers? But they beat us, I'm confused. What about West Brom? Brighton? No of course not, because they're shit. Except they beat us and Liverpool so they do count?

Does Everton count, and if not shall we just give them a bye this week? Or should we get a bye? I'm so confused.

Is there a UEFA coefficient ranking below which the goals don't count? Should we be allowed to celebrate getting top four if some of the wins and goals were against Sheffield United? Given that Liverpool had to play 6 matches against teams that got relegated last season, shall we rescind their championship? Can we remove Wayne Rooney's England record because some of the goals were against San Marino?

Let's just not play any games except for Man City and Barcelona. Except if we beat Man City it's because they are shit and it doesn't count.
👏👏👏

80%+ of our games are against "only" this or that club.
He is doing it while others aren't.

No they aren't, majority of our games are against good clubs and that is why the majority of the time Moura looks like garbage and doesn't contribute at all.

Hey we can build a team around guys like Moura that rack up stats against Marine, Shrokehdisdi, Bulgarian 4th division teams and WBA but do nothing against the good teams, as you say those goals count.

I would prefer we have guys that perform against PL teams other than the worst team in the league but there are many ways to build a team.

The fact that people have to cry when posters bring up legitimate concerns about Moura kind of shows why he shouldn't be here anymore, The fact that when asked how he does against good teams the Moura apologists immediately start crying it kind of shows why he isn't close to good enough.

If we ever drop to the Championship, which is a real possibility if we keep Jose, then Moura will be a great starter for us, He has shown he can produce against those teams. But as long as we are in the PL and he has repeatedly shown he can't produce against them he should be moved out as fast as we can.

Nobody's crying...well..maybe crying with laughter at the predictable responses.
Reminds me of Gallagher's reply to someone who said it was easy to sell millions of records copying The Beatles.
"You do it then if it's so easy."

Hey we can build a team around guys like Moura that rack up stats against Marine, Shrokehdisdi, Bulgarian 4th division teams and WBA but do nothing against the good teams, as you say those goals count.

I would prefer we have guys that perform against PL teams other than the worst team in the league but there are many ways to build a team.

The fact that people have to cry when posters bring up legitimate concerns about Moura kind of shows why he shouldn't be here anymore, The fact that when asked how he does against good teams the Moura apologists immediately start crying it kind of shows why he isn't close to good enough.

If we ever drop to the Championship, which is a real possibility if we keep Jose, then Moura will be a great starter for us, He has shown he can produce against those teams. But as long as we are in the PL and he has repeatedly shown he can't produce against them he should be moved out as fast as we can.
But if we get relegated to the Championship, the matches wouldn't count because they are all sheep farmers and shoemakers down there. Snookered yourself there.

Stupid Tottenham supporting cunts enjoying when a Tottenham player plays well.

But if we get relegated to the Championship, the matches wouldn't count because they are all sheep farmers and shoemakers down there. Snookered yourself there.

Stupid Tottenham supporting cunts enjoying when a Tottenham player plays well.

He didn't playwell though and I have no issue if you enjoy him either, go right ahead.

There is no problem with pointing out that context is needed for his stats.

Nobody's crying...well..maybe crying with laughter at the predictable responses.
Reminds me of Gallagher's reply to someone who said it was easy to sell millions of records copying The Beatles.
"You do it then if it's so easy."

The problem is he isn't selling millions of records, if he was there wouldn't be an issue.

He has 1 goal in 17 PL games this year, that is not impressive. 4 goals in 35 last year, again not impressive. Especially for a guy that offers nothing off the ball and consistently kills the attack by his moronic runs right at defenders and inability to beat them if his life depended on it.

What a terrible post. I’ll start off by saying, I don’t dislike Lucas at all but your reasoning is just pathetic.

Lucas has 1 goal and 1 assist (last Sunday) in 17 premier league games. (To be fair to Lucas it’s in about 610 minutes).

He has 4 goals/2 assists in Europa. None against royal antwerp, the other team to qualify. They are against LASK, ludogrets, and some Israeli team from qualifying (whose transfer record fee is 913K).

He has 1 goal/2 assists against Marine (lol) and Wycombe (LAST in the championship).

And that’s it.

You’re comparing these teams to Brighton and Everton. It’s a laughable failure of logic.

If you want a player that puts up decent (not even amazing) stats against Europa league drop outs, championship relegation fodder, and the weakest team to ever make the 3rd round of the FA cup, then we better sign this guy to an extension.

The problem is he isn't selling millions of records, if he was there wouldn't be an issue.

He has 1 goal in 17 PL games this year, that is not impressive. 4 goals in 35 last year, again not impressive. Especially for a guy that offers nothing off the ball and consistently kills the attack by his moronic runs right at defenders and inability to beat them if his life depended on it.
Whoosh!

My issue with a lot of the posters complaining about Lucas: You want players so we can rotate our top players against lesser clubs.

But also, the guys who perform against lesser clubs are terrible and shouldn't be on the team? Lucas' success against the lower teams IS valuable as a squad player. Squad players are necessary.

Back
Top Bottom