Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's scored 12 goals in the prem that's more than Eriksen, Llorente and Alli.

He's a very useful player because he's both a flat track bully that can dominate games in which we play weaker teams, but he also can fill a role and provide a different element in big games, and he's effective off the bench. And he does it all with a terrific attitude.

He's never going to be a world class player, but he was an absolute steal at 25 million in the current market, and he's a club in our bag that others don't have.

In an ideal world you've got DESK out there and then in Lucas, Lamela and Llorente on the bench, you have three different ways to genuinely change things up.

He never stops working. We'd all like him to show that final flash of brilliance and finish more, but I can't write off a player that works as hard as he does. Look at Sissoko today compared to 2017 and he's 29. Lucas is 26. Some are talking about selling him. When you look at our lack of attacking options after Kane and Son, why in the world would you sell him? We have 2 (3 if you count Rose) players who can attack with pace, and we're going to sell one? Madness.

Moura is a good player, he has a fantastic attitude. His direct approach means he sometimes loses the ball and that's why some think, wrongly, that he is shit. Sometimes it pays off though and that's what you get from him along with a really good work ethic. I don't think he is a striker though, we really must get a back up striker with pace for next season, not expect Moura to do it.

But overall he is a nothing and never will be anything.
I love when people who aren’t in any position to make a statement like this do so anyway. It invalidates their opinion as they are clearly having an emotional response instead of a rational one. As if you had a clue about his potential. It’s impossible for you to know if he has peaked at 26.

Back
Top Bottom