Luton (A) Saturday 7th October - 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst I too would also play our strongest line up here. I definitely think Ange will put some fresh legs in. Feels like some of these players are running on 75% and whilst that should be enough for Luton, we don't want to risk injuries, regardless of the international break coming up.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Solomon or Johnson start this one based on Johnson fitness and even perhaps Hojbjerg tbh.

I suppose this has potential banana skin written all over it (which is why I guess the live TV Cameras will be there) they're not broadcasting it in order to see us win, they just wanna be there in case we don't!

Hopefully if they beat Burnley this week, they'll see us as a free hit... and here's hoping we're gathering some serious momentum now to see us through this type of game.

Gotta make Saturday count now...

Coming up to international break - but that doesn't mean most of our players get a break eg South Korea have matches scheduled on 13th and 17th October so every chance Son will be called up for those.

So I'd look at which players might be playing during international break and anyone carrying a knock now, might be sensible not to start them (and Son being subbed on 60 mins v Liverpool probably falls into that category.

Hopefully Johnson is fit enough to start and otherwise start with our strongest team, other than those carrying knocks.

Quite like to see if Donley can get a few mins off bench - prolific in youth football and good Maddison understudy, can he do it in mens football (and one match in efl trophy suggests he might)

Vicario
Porro, Romero, Van de Ven, Udogie
Bissouma, Sarr
Maddison
Johnson, Richarlison, Kulusevski
subs : Forster, Royal, Davies, Phillips, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Solomon, Son, Donley

We can't go 'weak'.

Imagine the reaction of we lose.

Full strength and try to get the game wrapped up then rest if we can.

Worry about injuries and stuff from Saturday afternoon.

We have to get 3 points and have to treat this as our biggest game of the season.

Luckily I think Ange has the perfect mindset in this regard. Don't think he'll see it as anything but another big game.

Might even see the suit.

I suppose this has potential banana skin written all over it (which is why I guess the live TV Cameras will be there) they're not broadcasting it in order to see us win, they just wanna be there in case we don't!

Hopefully if they beat Burnley this week, they'll see us as a free hit... and here's hoping we're gathering some serious momentum now to see us through this type of game.

Gotta make Saturday count now...

It's been scheduked for a while, as most games, so not live on TV deliberately.

Nobody but nobody would have thought it likely to be a game preceded by such controversy and even less, a game which could see a Kane-less us possibly move top. Not a chance.

Against all that, the banana skin reference is therefore even more appropriate and avoiding it quite a challenge, more because the stars do such funny things.

We have failed to concede a late goal to Woolwich and Liverpool, very much unlike us.

I feel we need to remove the risk on Saturday and be a couple of goals ahead by the last few minute or any good fortune we may be having may run out.

Coming up to international break - but that doesn't mean most of our players get a break eg South Korea have matches scheduled on 13th and 17th October so every chance Son will be called up for those.

So I'd look at which players might be playing during international break and anyone carrying a knock now, might be sensible not to start them (and Son being subbed on 60 mins v Liverpool probably falls into that category.

Hopefully Johnson is fit enough to start and otherwise start with our strongest team, other than those carrying knocks.

Quite like to see if Donley can get a few mins off bench - prolific in youth football and good Maddison understudy, can he do it in mens football (and one match in efl trophy suggests he might)

Vicario
Porro, Romero, Van de Ven, Udogie
Bissouma, Sarr
Maddison
Johnson, Richarlison, Kulusevski
subs : Forster, Royal, Davies, Phillips, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Solomon, Son, Donley
If Son is as ready to go as he was vs Liverpool, he absolutely HAS to start. No ifs or buts. Rest of team looks fine.

If Son is as ready to go as he was vs Liverpool, he absolutely HAS to start. No ifs or buts. Rest of team looks fine.
While Luton are as small as minnows come, this is the classic match that we find a way to fuck up plenty of times. Big run of results put us on the front foot with only relegation fodder between us and a break. Then...oops! Start slow, concede against the run of play on a counter, inept at breaking down a low block, dropped points.

Go at them full bore for 45, if we're up 3-0 at half, then we can swap the side out and cruise in the 2nd half.

Has anyone actually watched Luton this season? Do they tend to sit back, soak up pressure and look to break on the counter? You'd assume so due to their overall lack of quality, but I haven't got a clue?

If they're just going to sit back, this probably isn't the game for Son. Certainly not as a striker, perhaps a return back to left wing for him and we aim some crosses into the head of Richarlison? No idea.

They wouldn't be naive enough to try and play football against us?

They play Burnley tomorrow, so I doubt we'll even get a good understanding of what they're going to do then either considering Burnley are performing even worse than them (Though I guess are at least a football playing side)

Luton have had mostly narrow defeats this season, they will be hard to beat. Absolutely no reason to fiddle with the lineup unless someone is unable to start. The idea of taking Son out for this game is absurd as is playing him on the left. He is our CF now, end of story.

If a player is fit and training then play him. We have no European or League Cup matches and not cared if not fit for Internationals. Son will play for his Country whatever we do and should play.

Back
Top Bottom