Man City (h)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How can you give Super Jan only a 6 and ADE the same 6, were we watching the same game???

Vertonghen got caught out for the goal, he didn't exactly have a stellar game. Neither did Adebayor, neither played particularly badly, hence 6 each.

Other than their goal which wasn't necessarily his fault, I though JV put in a good shift and there were a couple of outstanding tackles in the second half, one of which was made when he was already on the floor.
My ratings

Lloris - 9. I know he didn't need to do too much fancy stuff but you just can't put a price on a keeper who also does all the simple stuff well.
Walker - 7 good going forward. Better at the back but still looked vulnerable sometimes with poor decisions. Would have preferred him to try to get to nasri to stop the goal rather than trying to be a second goalkeeper.
BAE - 5. Some good moments but always looke the weak link. To be fair to him city overloaded the right wing at times and he got little help from the midfield
Dawson - 7. Kept dzeko quiet with dominant aerial display
JV- 7. Starting to look like he's feeling the effects of his first premier league season but still did well against a top class forward line
Parker - 5 typically tenacious when defending. Typically awful when going forward. 'The ball moves faster than you can run with it'
Dembele - 7 seemed much better one Parker went off. Worked his nuts off. Just would like to see him more involved in making/scoring goals
Siggy - 5 not his day. A shame after some good performances but think was more to do with how the team was playing as a whole
Dempsey - 6 hardest one to rate. He obviously worked hard and got into dangerous positions. However there were a fair few times he just lacked any real quality. At the same time, I wanted him to stay on as he's so good at nicking goals by sheer endeavour alone. A 6 seems fair overall. (Ducks for cover)
Bale - 7. Would have been a 5 but for the last 20-25 mins. Was almost certain he was going to be subbed in our second round of changes but then he got this amazing burst if energy from somewhere on high and effectively won us the game. The cross for Dempsey was world class.
Ade - 5. Worked so hard but was too isolated up front. People expecting miracles from him up against the meanest defence in the league. Would take a lot if pressure off himself if he actually just had a pop at goal every now and then a la Defoe

Subs
Defoe - 7. Vintage Defoe. Didn't do much other than score but offered much more threat up front. Still would t have started him though
Hudd - 8 changes the game again. Quite like him as an impact sub to offer us a different dimension, stretching tired teams. If the guy could track back faster than a pregnant snail he'd be in my first eleven, but watching him try to chase nasri on a counter attack was just sad
Holtby - 8. Made a massive impact simply by moving the ball forward quickly with just one or two touches. Also really got about their midfielders not allowing them time to slow the game down. Shame this will be overlooked by most media reports of the game

Lloris-8 faultless, great reaction stops and also the punch in the dying moments from the freekick.
Walker-8 best game he has had all season, great pass in the build up to the goal, also defending wasn't as bad this week!
Dawson-8 sparked the game into life when he went on a mad one winning us a corner, crowd grew and believed!
Vertonghen- 7 wasn't his best but still he made a few solid interceptions and other then the goal tevez didn't get the beating of him.
BAE-6 purely on the fact his tackle was wreck less, he also looks like he cannot be bothered, also didn't fancy tracking Milner.

Siggy-6 Came inside way to early along with Dempsey, he doesn't up the tempo enough for me personally tends to slow the play.
Parker-7 Typical Parker tenacity running around like a headless chicken, but he kept Barry and ya ya quiet because of his none stop attitude.
Dembele- 8 once scotty went off he had a new lease of life, lost count how many times he dropped his shoulder and drove past one speed Barry and yaya, he upped his game and the tempo.
Dempsey- 8 USA done well went at clichey, slotted a perfect ball for walker, he got his goal from out wide coming in at the back stick, looked a lot better 'out of the hole'
Bale-9 first half in behind didn't get a sniff, second half out wide came alive, I feel he is still soo much better out wide then maybe drifting in, due to his ability of delivery, shooting and beating a man. Assist was a beautiful ball and his finish dare I say it had a touch of messi!
ADE-5 a strong 5 because he run a lot, other then that he is born offside and plays out wide more than anyone.

Subs...
Holtby- 8 love the energy and the end product he has great ball into JD, but unlike siggy he quickens the tempo and will only get better for us!
Huddlestone- 8 game changer, ball playing skills are something Parker does not give us, huddlestone has a passing range that is unreal, got a yellow for a team tackle on yaya, ball for bale was timed to perfection!
Defoe-9 seems high but he always stretches the defence, he created a lot of space between the lines for our midfield, his goal way typical Defoe cut inside bang, great finish and so glad he is back!
The run in will be hard but we have to believe! COYS

That was aimed at the husband and wife in this thread and not you Tucker.

33139-Deal-With-It-Crab-gif-eY7g.gif

Lloris 8 - Would be a 9 but his kicking was a little off
Walker 8
Dawson 7
Vertonghen 6
Assou-Ekotto 5 - He was skinned numerous times in first half
Parker 5 - Same old, same old
Dembele 7 or should that be 8 because let's face it he was up against Toure
Dempsey 7 - great pass to Walker 1st half, great goal, need him higher up the pitch
Bale 7 - and I am being generous, but great assist and goal.
Sigurdsson 5
Adebayor 5

Huddlestone 7 - Can't score higher because only on pitch for 20min
Holtby 7 - Can't score higher because only on pitch for 20min
Defoe 7 - Can't score higher because only on pitch for 20min

AVB 9 - Can't second guess this man, very difficult for opposing managers to counter act.
Freund 10 - Did anyone see him rip the ball out of Defoe's hands for the throw in in the last 5 mins?

Lloris 8 - oh, I'd rather Hugo Lloris than Joe Haart...
Assou-Ekotto 5 - at fault for first, could have been sent off for studs up challenge
Dawson 7 - solid
Vertonghen 7 - at fault for first goal, but solid defending otherwise, some key tackles
Walker 8 - easily bossed the right flank.
Sigurdsson 6 - off day, it happens
Parker 6 - pirhouettes and dead end runs aside, still put in a shift
Dempsey 7 - Right place right time, made it count
Dembele 8 - Awesome

Bale 7 - earned in the last 15 minutes. Seemed off his pace slightly, maybe the ankle still hurts
Adebayor 6 - not terrible, just no spark. Seemed to be on the verge of fulfilling his pre-match prophecy in reverse - getting irritated and argumentative in his frustration, to my mind he would have soon given away a vital FK or got carded - inspired substitution

Holtby 7 - tireless, ran rings round their midfield
Huddlestone 7 - good distribution
Defoe 8 - just for THAT goal...

Lloris 8 Solid
Walker 8 Best game in a while
JV 7 Decent
Dawson 6 Struggled
BAE 5 Benny

Dembele 6.5 Meh
Parker 5 Poo

Bale 7.5 better last 20
Dempsey 7.5 constant threat
Sig 6 meh

Ade 6 meh

Holtby 7 raised tempo
Defoe 7 goal
Hudd 8 pass

Lloris - 8

Walker - 8
Dawson - 7.5
Vertonghen - 6.5
BAE - 5.5

Parker - 6
Dembele - 7

Dempsey - 8
Bale - 8
Siggy - 6.5

Ade - 6

Hudd - 8
Holtby - 7.5
Defoe - 8

AVB - 10

Lloris 10
Assou-Ekotto 10
Dawson 10
Vertonghen 10
Walker 10
Sigurdsson 10
Parker 10
Demspey 10
Dembele 10
Bale 10
Adebayor 9.5
Holtby 10
Huddlestone 10
Defoe 10

every one that blame JV at the goal we concede is probably need to watch it again. vertongen did exactly what you expect from your CB to do in this situation- he prevented tevez from shooting from a decent position and then he pushed him out wide to the corner flag. his only fault was expecting parker to do what he fucking supposed to do(continue to press tevez and double him up as he keep moving towards the corner flag) and not standing in the most useless position he could find as the situation evolved.

lloris - 9
Walker - 8
Dawson - 7
Vertonghen - 8
Assou ekotto - 7

Dembele - 7
Parker - 7
Gylfi - 6
Dempsey - 9
Bale - 9

Adebayor - 5

Holtby - 8
Huddlestone - 9
Defoe - 9

Lloris 8 - Strong day
Walker 7- Probably should have prevented nasri's goal from getting in, but besides that . Strong game overall w/ no big mental lapses that I can recall
Dawson 7 - Getting it done. per the ushe.
Vertonghen 6 - Howler to start, but did improve. He does resort too many times to an all or nothing tackle where he falls on the ground.
Assou-Ekotto 4 - I put most of that first goal on him. Parker was covering BAE's area on Tevez w/ Jan. Watching the highllight, BAE was jogging back and made little effort to help Parker and cover his area when Milner went on his run. PLus, should have definitely seen a RC for that stupid two footed tackler
Parker 6 - A little bit to blame on the goal w/a bit of ball-watching and not enough in the Spurs half. But solid defending which is need vs a club like City
Dembele 7 - Strong and game picked up as game went on
Dempsey 7 - Same old. Playing out of position to an extent, but worked hard and as usual. Right place, right time on a big, big game-changing goal.
Bale 8 - Those last 20 minutes. #TITS
Sigurdsson 6 - You can really see his limitations at LW vs a quality team.
Adebayor 5 - Another woeful game. Poor first touch and never in a position to impact the game at all from a goal-scoring opportunity. Game changed when exited as well.

Huddlestone 7 - Great moving forward and passing. Not ideal going the other direciton
Holtby 7 - The perfect sub for his energy and passing in the MF
Defoe 8 - Game winning goal and exactly the spot where he belongs. Super sub for the one moment of absolute brilliance. As soon as Holtby made that pass, you knew exactly what was gonna happen. And it found side netting. GS

AVB - 9 his tactical adjustment and subs were absolutely spot-on

Lloris 8.5

Walker 8
Dawson 7
Vertonghen 7
BAE 5.5

Parker 5
Dembele 7.5

Siggy 5
Bale 6
Dempsey 6

Adebayor 6

Huddlestone 9
Holtby 10
Defoe 8.5

Lloris -7 - solid

BAE - 5 - poor display, could have been sent off for a silly tackle, watched Milner walk passed him for a goal. Hoping we finally address this position in the summer
Dawson -7 - did a job
Vert - 7 - fought hard
Walker - some good deliveries

Sig - 6 - offered little
Parker - 6 - caught in possession on occasions
Demspey - 7 - crucial goal
Dembele - 7 - great movement throughout
Bale - 7 - great finish

Ade - 5 - isolated

Holtby / Hudd / Defoe - 7 - positive impact

You forgot to rate Walker. I thought I'd get the rating from GG but you forgot to rate him there too.

I have always been fascinated to see how passionate people are about the accuracy of their ratings, more often than not based on what they see through their TV screen.

Its my belief that unless you were actually there and are capable of appreciating all of the things that players do when they are not on the ball (ie out of the picure) then its kind of like passing an opinion on a cake, without ever cutting through the icing.

So many people are obsessed by their favourites that they are incapable of objectivity anyway.

Its my belief that unless you were actually there and are capable of appreciating all of the things that players do when they are not on the ball (ie out of the picure) then its kind of like passing an opinion on a cake, without ever cutting through the icing.

I completley agree. I always thought Beckham was overhyped by the media until I first saw him play at OT. WOW how wrong was I, he never stopped running the whole game, his passing weren't bad neither.....:ledleylick:

Lloris - 8
Assou-Ekotto -7 (There's a tight rope between attacking flair and irresponsible risk, don't fall off Benny!)
Dawson - 7
Vertonghen - 8
Walker - 8 (See Benny above, balls across the back careful)
Sigurdsson - 5
Parker - 6
Demspey - 7 Can't knock a man who keeps delivering at important times.
Dembele - 8 £15m is looking cheap Daniel son.
Bale - 7
Adebayor - 5 So talented, that's why it's so frustrating.
Holtby - 8 Vorsprung durch technik
Huddlestone - 8 Unbelievable passes, his long range passing is second to none but he needs a goal so he can get his barnet cut.
Defoe - 8.

Back
Top Bottom