Man City v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR; Saturday 19th February; KO 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This cockwomble thinks the winner should have been ruled out because "kulusevski looked offside"

I'm sure as shit they did check it at the time
But he thinks it "looked offside" so should have been disallowed.
Bet his bumchum is Pawson

This just highlights again how poor the standard of Ref’s is in the UK. Kulu was easily onside, VAR only needed to watch it once to see that and didn’t need to waste their time drawing lines.

This cockwomble thinks the winner should have been ruled out because "kulusevski looked offside"

I'm sure as shit they did check it at the time
But he thinks it "looked offside" so should have been disallowed.
Bet his bumchum is Pawson
One of lifes tossers

It's not cowardice, it's tactical astuteness. You're taking one game and assuming it's the only way we play. Against Leicester we attacked relentlessly, so that game alone makes the lie of what you are saying.

In a league that has so many teams playing in different ways, you need to play in different ways to get the result you require, particularly against teams that have better, more balanced squads/teams.

Whatever way you play, a decent manager's first port of call is stopping the goals against, that is what, in the long run, wins you trophies and titles. It's the base on which everything is built. If the recipe to success was just relentless attack then Ardiles would have won everything when he managed us.
So why did we bin Jose before a final FFS? Why didn’t we stick with Nuno in this case? They both beat City if I remember correctly.

Saying other managers have played this way and beat city, and that wasn’t measured as some sort of success. I am bored by measuring our dick when we beat city. It’s no longer a big deal. Hope you get it. If you don’t…

You're the one "dick measuring" vs our past managers (which in itself is completely meaningless given different player/form on both sides in any given game)!

In the meantime, I'll celebrate fucking HARD every time we beat the most dominant (and amongst the scummiest) team in the league, thanks.... And I'd encourage every single fan to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom