Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
I know, but surely he’s not fulfilling his job role, so there should be a mutual conversation to terminate.

Sess agreeing is another thing of course.
Well, obviously you can't "rip it up" if he doesn't agree, and why on earth would a player agree to have his contract terminated, thereby losing his income, whilst he is constantly injured and hence would have little chance of getting such a good contract elsewhere? Also, why would we give away an asset with some (albeit presumably not great) value anyway?

Irritates me when people say we should 'rip up the contract' of any player, it's meaningless and in any case nearly always* a dumb idea even if the player did agree.

*not always of course - step forward N'Dombele (once you've put your burger down of course).

His job is to turn up at the training ground every day and do his hours. Which I’m sure he does. You can’t just tear up a contract because of an injury, injuries are part of football.
Fair enough, but if you’re constantly unable to do that because of an injury, then surely we should look to find a solution.

Of course it’s all easier said than done, but it’s just frustrating seeing someone that’s on the payroll offering nothing at all.

No mention on BBC Sport that we're without Son, Maddison, Sarr, Bissouma, Kulusevski, Davies, Sessegnon, Perisic, Solomon, Veliz, Lo Celso etc..

It's almost like they don't want to discredit any result their beloved United might be able to get today. Either that or they just don't like us. Or both (this is the correct answer).

:ange-lol:

Kulu, Son and Madders are our best creative players. Today will be a true measure of our squad depth.
Hence why need another as Son is 32 and is not actually known for creativity. Kulu is hit and miss. Only MADDs is defo creative player. Therefore we need another one and not CG!

Well, obviously you can't "rip it up" if he doesn't agree, and why on earth would a player agree to have his contract terminated, thereby losing his income, whilst he is constantly injured and hence would have little chance of getting such a good contract elsewhere? Also, why would we give away an asset with some (albeit presumably not great) value anyway?

Irritates me when people say we should 'rip up the contract' of any player, it's meaningless and in any case nearly always* a dumb idea even if the player did agree.

*not always of course - step forward N'Dombele (once you've put your burger down of course).
That’s the problem though.

Let’s say we keep him on hoping to find him a new club, I don’t really see anyone willing to sign him knowing how bad his record is.

Again, I don’t know the solution, but it’s just annoying.

Back
Top Bottom