Man Utd (A) - 11 DEC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't want Dier in back three or four

I think he's best playing in front of a back four

I think it'll be 4231, but with Walker and Rose bombing forwards we'll revert to 3 at the back much like most of last season.

This is the first time we've been able to start with our strongest 11 for this season.

The spine of Toby, Mousa and Harry.

I think it'll be 4231, but with Walker and Rose bombing forwards we'll revert to 3 at the back much like most of last season.

This is the first time we've been able to start with our strongest 11 for this season.

The spine of Toby, Mousa and Harry.

Our strongest team has Lamela. We're not the same without him IMO.

We are a better side than united no doubt about it. It's wether we have that Spurs mentality like the Chelsea game where we are totally in control but gift wrap the opposition. That's my worry with Spurs but this United team of the last 3/4 years are not the same United everyone used to fear. Anyone can go to old Trafford and get something these days.

I do agree, although he's not played that much this season and has been injured, hence my strongest 11 this season comment, fit Lamela would be a definite starter. Sonny though has been good enough for a starting spot.

I think Alli and Eriksen's spot is more up for grabs than Erik's personally. I want to see Son left, Erik right and Eriksen in the middle with Dembele and Wanyama behind them and Kane up front. Now that everyone is hitting form I think it could be a good season.

Son was great at Wembley this week, so i think he can certainly be counted as part of our best 11 so far this season, especially in the absence of Lamela. We lose a tad of defensive cohesion when Lamela is out, but we have more than enough cover defensively.

Coco is a massive presence

We don't know quite what he's going to do next

Neither do the opposition

:lamelashock:

I don't want Dier in back three or four

I think he's best playing in front of a back four

I agree.

However he does naturally drop in a lot more than Wanyama does - which both allows us to more easily play out from defence with Alerweireld and Vertonghen splitting and moving wide to receive the ball and allows better defensive cover if we lose the ball.

So Dier dropping in allows Rose and Walker to get forward

I just wish Danny would get back quicker!

Noticed him just ambling back like BAE used to do!
Did my head in

Victor saved Dier's bacon once on Wednesday. Moscow counter-attacked after a corner and Eric was still upfield. Wanyama sprinted back into the hole left at the back and dispossessed the attacker. :wanyama:

i find Lamela so frustrating to watch. He can be a brilliant player when in form but so so frustrating to watch 75% of the time

I agree. He works so hard and has developed a real defensive aspect to his game, but he's often guilty of taking one touch too many. I also feel that way about Dembele. Every time he get the ball, inside my head I'm saying "okay, good work, now pass it [skips past another opponent]. Ok, nice one, but pass it now [just about gets past another]. Okay, you're kind of pushing your luck now, please for the love of God pass it [loses the ball]".

I know it doesn't happen all that often (particularly with Dembele), but I really feel that both players need to play the earlier pass.

I do agree, although he's not played that much this season and has been injured, hence my strongest 11 this season comment, fit Lamela would be a definite starter. Sonny though has been good enough for a starting spot.
Sonny good enough for a starting spot?

Jeez, have you seen how many goals and assists he's got in PL this season? He should be up there with Toby/Moose/Hugo/Kane.

Talk about damning with faint praise :)

btw, if Lamela starts, who do you drop?

imo Lamela on the bench, bring on when spaces appear. Like v Man City away last season 1-2.

Also if you bring him on around 70 mins, he's less likely to pick up a red, which really is only a matter of time.

Jeez, have you seen how many goals and assists he's got in PL this season? He should be up there with Toby/Moose/Hugo/Kane.

imo Lamela on the bench, bring on when spaces appear. Like v Man City away last season 1-2.

Also if you bring him on around 70 mins, he's less likely to pick up a red, which really is only a matter of time.

He has been good enough for his starting spot, better than Lamela this season. However he's not as integral as the four you name.

Lamela isn't even in the country or fit enough to play. This is our strongest starting 11 this season.

Alli or Eriksen. Lamela is our only naturally right sided player and Son is much more effective out left. I feel like Alli and Eriksen need to be battling it out for that number 10 spot, and if Eriksen is out of form he needs to be dropped. He's a joy to watch when he plays well, but when he doesn't he's our most frustrating player.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker , Toby, Verts, Rose, Dembele, Wanyama, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane][/formation]

Pretty much full strength with Kane, Eriksen and Son all in form. I expect a few goals but hopefully we will be a bit more clinical than we were against CSKA. Apparently they are finding form. This will be a tight game.

He has been good enough for his starting spot, better than Lamela this season. However he's not as integral as the four you name.

Lamela isn't even in the country or fit enough to play. This is our strongest starting 11 this season.
Dunno how many goals you need to score/create to be integral. Son's been involved with about half of our PL goals this season.

Lamela I count as having scored minus one.

One goal v Everton;
gave away pen v Liverpool;
missed pen v Citeh.

And yes I know Lamela isn't even in the country. My question - who would you drop to play him if here and fit?

Back
Top Bottom