Man Utd (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

zin

Supporter
Lloris - 7

Walker - 7
Dawson - 8
Caulker - 7
Naughton - 6.5

Lennon - 9
Parker - 8
Dembele - 8.5
Bale - 7

Dempsey - 7
Defoe - 5.5

Subs:
Ekotto - 6
Huddlestone - 6.5

Lloris - 7.5

Walker - 6.5
Dawson - 8
Caulker - 8
Naughton - 6

Lennon - 9
Dembele - 8
Parker - 7.5
Bale - 7

Dempsey - 8
Defoe - 5

BAE - 7
Hudd - 6

Lloris - 6

Walker - 6
Dawson - 8
Caulker - 7
Naughton - 6

Lennon - 9 Man of the Match, in my opinion.
Parker - 7 Looked a bit off the pace at times, but glad to see him back in the side.
Dembele - 8 Had a lot of influence on the second half, we'd be lost offensively without him.
Bale - 6 Thought he drifted inside far too often today, seemed frustrated.

Dempsey - 8 Probably should have had 2, but what a timely goal.
Defoe - 5 Disappointing effort considering his form overall this year.

Subs:
Ekotto - 6
Huddlestone - 5

Lloris - 6

Walker - 6
Dawson - 7
Caulker - 7
Naughton - 6

Lennon - 9
Parker - 7
Dembele - 8
Bale - 7

Dempsey - 7
Defoe - 6

Subs:
Ekotto - 6
Huddlestone - 6

Gonna be some harsh-sounding ones from me I'm afraid. None of these ratings are supposed to indicate that we played badly overall because as a team I think it was a very good performance, it's just I think a few let themselves down with the incisiveness of their passing and things like that.

Lloris - 7

Walker - 7
Dawson - 8
Caulker - 8
Naughton - 5.5 (too many balls to nowhere, not composed enough on the ball)

Lennon - 9.5 (ran the game)
Parker - 7 (great to see him back though)
Dembele - 8
Bale - 6 (generous probably- did very little all game)

Dempsey - 6.5 (ineffective till the goal with many poor balls to nowhere, but took his chance well)
Defoe - 4.5 (minimal impact on anything)

Subs:
Ekotto - 6 (spared a harsher rating because it was his first time back)
Huddlestone - 6.5

Lloris - 7

Walker - 6
Dawson - 7
Caulker - 6.5
Naughton - 6

Lennon - 8
Parker - 7
Dembele - 7.5
Bale - 6.5

Dempsey - 7
Defoe - 5

Subs:
BAE - 7
Huddlestone - 6

Lloris - 6

Walker - 6
Dawson - 8
Caulker - 7
Naughton - 6

Lennon - 10
Parker - 8
Dembele - 7
Bale - 7

Dempsey - 7
Defoe - 4

Subs:
Ekotto - 5
Huddlestone - 6

I did a little ratings piece for the Spurs web:

Lloris 6 - His kicking isn’t a particular strength, but it was a little more loose than usual today (40% pass completion). Otherwise, he did what was asked of him, and commanded his area well.
Walker 6 - Certainly could have done better for the goal, but he wasn’t helped by Dawson’s positioning. Did OK at the other end of the pitch, consistently getting forward in support of Lennon and helping to bring the best out of our flying winger.
Dawson 6 - His first half booking caused him to be a little cautious and, for me, he could have done far better for the goal. His distribution was quite “mixed” today, ranging from excellent cross-field passes to feet, to passes going straight into touch.
Caulker 6 - Got away with a clear foul in the box, and was a bit unsure with his passing (ending with a 74% pass completion rate).
Naughton 5 - Another who was wasteful in possession (also ending on 74% pass completion), and I still feel he hampers a lot of our attacking play with his predictable drop of the shoulder and movement inside.
Lennon 9 - A constant threat, leading to a last minute assist. He made six key passes (as a comparison, Bale didn’t make any). His work rate was also fantastic, as usual – he tracked back phenomenally.
Parker 6 - Rusty. Dwelt on the ball frequently, lacked his usual “safe” passing style, and as a result he dipped to 81% pass completion (last season he averaged 90%). He kept working hard all game, though – hopefully he will find his rhythm quickly.
Dembele 8 - Worked very hard, and was a strong influence – particularly in the second half. He made the joint most passes of all players (along with Phil Jones), and maintained an impressive 91% pass completion, with four key passes.
Bale 6 - Found it tough as United tried to double-up on him. As a result, he mostly received the ball in areas where he was unable to effect the game. Was a little unlucky with a right foot effort that he did well to keep down.
Dempsey 8 - Whilst his passing wasn’t consistently good, he worked exceptionally hard throughout to link play, and got his reward with the late equaliser.
Defoe 4 - Was largely uninvolved, but made poor decisions when he had the ball. Whilst he had a 100% pass completion rate, he only actually made 8 passes in the entire game. He’s on a poor run of form and badly needs a couple of goals to get his confidence back.
Assou-Ekotto – Whilst I was calling for him start, and then for him to be brought on at half time, AVB was justified in easing him back in, as he looked well short of match sharpness, and frequently gave the ball away. However, it was his cross that led to the goal, showing the benefit of having a full-back who is prepared to play further up the pitch.
Huddlestone – Didn’t have much time to make an impact, but was sloppy with his first touch, and misplaced quite a few passes.
Whilst my ratings might appear low I felt that, whilst individuals weren’t necessarily playing to their potential, it was a good team performance on the whole. We worked hard to press United and restricted them well, whilst also offering a threat at the other end, largely through the in-form Lennon.

Lloris - 7

Walker 7 seems to have got over his early season dip
Dawson 8 welcome back daws
Caulker 7
Naughton 7 wasn't sure about this lad at the start of the season - but he's impressing me game by game and making progress.

Lennon 8 he is having a very good season
Parker 8
Dembele 7 not convinced he's fully fit
Bale 7

Dempsey 7
Defoe 6 felt he should have got at least one goal

Subs:
Ekotto 7
Huddlestone 6

Lloris - 6.5 (would've been much higher but from where I was sitting it looked like he should have done better for their goal)

Walker - 6.5 (love the guy but he needs to be forbidden from stopping the ball as his decision making is terrible. Needs to go back to playing on instinct)
Caulker - 8 (composed)
Dawson - 8 (so glad he's back in the team)
Naughton - 6 (good defensively - apart from not closing down cleverley - but wasteful in attack)

Lennon - 8 (only criticism is that he didn't attack Evra after the cunt was carded)
Parker - 6.5 (too predictable in possession & needs to pass earlier)
Dembele - 8.5 (dominated)
Bale - 6.5 (needs to make a name for himself in these games - only came to life towards the end)

Dempsey - 7 (the goal obviously moves him up)
Defoe - 7 (good movement but guilty of not being clinical)

BAE - 7.5 (expect him to start from now on)
Huddlestone - 7 (least ineffective performance this season)

Lloris - 6
Walker - 6
Dawson - 6
Caulker - 6
Naughton - 5
Lennon - 9 MOM
Parker - 6
Dembele - 8
Bale - 6
Dempsey - 7
Defoe - 5

Subs:
Ekotto - 6
Huddlestone - n/a

It's positive, that Lennon did so well overall, that Dembele managed to shine despite some serious zonal marking and that Dempsey played some seriously good link play, although he lacks both final pass and the ability to lose a defender. Very negative, that both Naughton nor Defoe look like performing in this system, look like they enjoy the football nor like adapting one little bit.

Back
Top Bottom