Man Utd home - COYFS!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we've already established the defeat was entirely the fault of the 'Worst derby moments' section by those lot on that fucking podcast.

The result against Man United means everything for our season. 3 points and we're back on track, Woolwich can be almost forgotten. A draw and we're doing well, very likely to get at least 4th. A defeat and I'll start looking over our shoulders rather than what's ahead of us, this is the a MUST NOT LOSE. Any doubt that's starting to creep in needs to be smashed into the back of the United net. COME ON.

Man, Spurs remind me so much of my beloved Houston Texans it isn't even funny...especially the fan base. So similar it's scary.

With our injuries/suspensions/lack of depth, it mirrors the Texans this season pretty damn well. Need to adopt the "next man up" philosophy as well and the only difference will be the sports themselves.

I have faith that our beloved Spurs will come out foaming at the mouth for a victory to put the bullshit from yesterday behind them. We were beat, soundly, but that doesn't mean we need despair and prepare for the apocalypse. To continue to moan and groan about our misfortunes in the past against United is to admit defeat before the game is played. STAND UP AND COME ON YOU SPURS!

We're gonna forget all about the last game with a 'we can finally beat you :dawson: ' win over United. At least I fucking hope so...

Think we should play 451

-----------Saha------------

Bale------Modric----Sandro----Livermore---Lennon

BAE----Dawson---King----Walker/Kaboul

Thoughts?

This game is all about mentality. We have to put in a solid, workmanlike performance and simply not allow the lapses in concentration that gifted pretty much every goal on Sunday.

If that means a slightly less expansive XI I can live with that. Zero points (with the possibility the "gap" may only be four) is not an option.

i just can't be confident about Spurs v United, by far our worst fixture since the prem began, but we need to show a reaction to that shitshow last weekend and I'm sure we'll see one, but i'd def take a draw and move on to Everton away, another very tough game. Then things start to get a bit easier and we can start reeling off the wins again like we have throughout the season (hopefully). Just thinking about it there, this is keeping with our season so far, we haven't done well in any of the big matches have we? Tonked Liverpool and beat the scum at home at the start of the season and were a bit unlucky at City but apart from that? But we've been extremely consistent against the rest of the teams and we need to make sure we keep that up on our run in.

i think I'm right in saying that Utd have earned more points in their matches against Spurs than any other side in any other prem fixture! not good, we have to do them someday!

Would like to see us finish teams off rather than going into the last 5 minutes 1-0 up and hanging on, come the run in the teams we play could be fighting for their lives for every point.

Back
Top Bottom