Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This game is the perfect example of why people are continuously missing the point.
Trippiers fault
Sissokos fault

Nope. We’ve missed 3 one on ones after carving them open.
Who shall we blame? Son and Eriksen, who missed?

Or Davies and Dier?

Listening to the half time analysis wtf was Toby doing other than ball watching?

Feel that we have a chance to win in the second half.

1) City most influential player De Bruyne is out.
2) we can afford to be more offensive in the second half.
3) we actually created more chance than them, only for the heroic of Laporte and Ederson to save them.
4) take off either Alderweireld or Vertonghen for Llorente and play 4-4-2.
5) wanyama in to replace Dier for greater defensive shape

Thought we defended, goal aside, very well that half!! And had the best chances, could be 3 or 4 up!! Had Lucas gone down we should have got a pen.

Very bad communication for their goal, Toby steps up, whilst others stayed back. Other than that their chances have been weak efforts from 25yrds.

Coms I'm listening to is slating Dier but his actually playing well, not supersonic but a steady game, standing in the half spaces, forcing City out wide (yes that's where they are dangerous but we have on the whole limited them to very little).

Lucas is having a great game, as too is Eriksen who are really scrapping well (winning the ball high up the pitch and linking things) and it's Lucas's movement that is creating spaces for Son.

Best player for us is Dele, who started slowly but after 10mins but he is now our key outlet ball (short pass) from defence to joining our attack, he is also supporting our attack well too.

We will lose this, as it has will be no doubt one of those games where we have the best chances and take nothing from it, seen it all before.

Feel that we have a chance to win in the second half.

1) City most influential player De Bruyne is out.
2) we can afford to be more offensive in the second half.
3) we actually created more chance than them, only for the heroic of Laporte and Ederson to save them.
4) take off either Alderweireld or Vertonghen for Llorente and play 4-4-2.
5) wanyama in to replace Dier for greater defensive shape

Good shout

Odd game, as to be expected.

We’ve actually played ok and should have scored. We still have a basic problem taking the ball from defence to midfield. Far too dangerous. If we’re always going to play out from the back, we need a n’dombele type signing.

Thought we defended, goal aside, very well that half!! And had the best chances, could be 3 or 4 up!! Had Lucas gone down we should have got a pen.

Very bad communication for their goal, Toby steps up, whilst others stayed back. Other than that their chances have been weak efforts from 25yrds.

Coms I'm listening to is slating Dier but his actually playing well, not supersonic but a steady game, standing in the half spaces, forcing City out wide (yes that's where they are dangerous but we have on the whole limited them to very little).

Lucas is having a great game, as too is Eriksen who are really scrapping well (winning the ball high up the pitch and linking things) and it's Lucas's movement that is creating spaces for Son.

Best player for us is Dele, who started slowly but after 10mins but he is now our key outlet ball (short pass) from defence to joining our attack, he is also supporting our attack well too.

We will lose this, as it has will be no doubt one of those games where we have the best chances and take nothing from it, seen it all before.

Agree on Dele

I'm finding myself agreeing with that guy who pops up every now and then who says that you can really tell how much someone knows about football by whether or not they rate Dele (and his performances) or not.

Proves my point that if he Dele doesn't score or assist, some people simply don't rate him.

Proper doping or just snorting cocaine?

Nandrolone so for steroids twice. I have no doubt in my mind he and others do stuff to players that breaks rules. Agency's can never keep up with doping it's to easy to avoid. I'm a big fan of powerlifting and train and compete myself I know a few people who juice and pass tests that say they don't. If they can avoid testing positive I have no doubt a team with the resources of city could get away with it if they want

Back
Top Bottom