Match thread: Lolton Omgderers (FA Cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1882 said:
Blanchflower said:
1882 said:
Early in the game on Saturday, I was very close to starting a chant about Bogdan's Kit matching his hair, but couldn't think of anything to scan... glad I didn't now, would've seemed particularly inappropriate given the circumstances!

I don't see how unless you knew Muamba was going to keel over

Daw... you know what I mean!

I feel bad enough for shouting to the 'half-dozen or so' Bolton fans who made the trip; "Two cars to get here, it took you two cars to get here!" moments before THAT awful moment!! Still, as you say, how were any of us to know what was about to happen?

indeed... bloody good thing u weren't chanting: "ur going home in a london ambulance!"

Just announced Bolton will stay in the cup but date is still to be decided by the club and fa.

someone had to be the insensitive bastard so ive emailed the club asking when the tie is likely to be replayed and what is going to happen with tickets that were purchased for the abandoned game, can't see them trying to re-sell the lot if they plan to play in next week....

EDIT: Response below (I Know, that was quick!)

Hello

Thank you for your email relating to our FA Cup tie with Bolton Wanderers following the sad events of Saturday evening.

At the time of writing, we do not have any date confirmed for the rescheduled fixture. At the appropriate time the FA will discuss this with Bolton and ourselves and as soon as we have any further information it will be made available to fans via the Club’s communication channels.

Tickets for the original abandoned match WILL remain valid for any re-arranged game. Season ticket holders and One Hotspur members will be able to enter the Stadium using their access cards and supporters holding paper tickets or TicketFast (print at home tickets) will be able to use their original tickets. Supporters who no longer have their paper or TicketFast ticket must contact the Ticket Office via email ([email protected]) where a duplicate ticket will be arranged. Supporters who are now unable to attend any rescheduled fixture and require a refund please email the Ticket Office, clearly marking your email "Bolton Refund".

Thank you for your patience and support.

Kind regards

Tottenham Hotspur Ticket Office

Wow. Surprised the club aren't charging anything - I guess it will be televised so the cost of putting the match on will be covered.

The club should really sell some kind of charity scarf on the night as well with the proceeds going to the hospital looking after him and research into the causes of his condition.

Blanchflower said:
The club should really sell some kind of charity scarf on the night as well with the proceeds going to the hospital looking after him and research into the causes of his condition.

Top idea! I'd buy one.

Just need to find out if i can get the time off work to leave early though. Has Tuesday been confirmed?

Was the first game a sell-out? I couldn't make the first game, but I'd love to go on Tuesday as I'd be able to make it. I wonder when they'll re-sell the other tickets that are either returned or not sold in the first place.....

Seems slightly morbid to me to want to attend the replayed game when you didn't want to go to the first game.

Kind of like slowing down on the motorway to look at a car crash.

I see this being a horrid match quite honestly. All the players sad and not playing well, and I personally will feel awkward singing any songs not relating to Muamba.

Blanchflower said:
Seems slightly morbid to me to want to attend the replayed game when you didn't want to go to the first game.

It wasn't a question of not wanting to see the first game, I simply can't go to Saturday games. If it had been any other day I'd have been there.

I'll go to any Spurs game I can get a ticket for.

And to be fair, Muamba seems to be on the mend and in good spirits, so there's no reason for it to be morbid. I'd understand if he'd died, but it's still the FA Cup QF with Chelsea awaiting the winner.

EssexYid said:
Blanchflower said:

It wasn't a question of not wanting to see the first game, I simply can't go to Saturday games. If it had been any other day I'd have been there.

I'll go to any Spurs game I can get a ticket for.

And to be fair, Muamba seems to be on the mend and in good spirits, so there's no reason for it to be morbid. I'd understand if he'd died, but it's still the FA Cup QF with Chelsea awaiting the winner.

It was more a general observation than direct a pop at you

I just want us to win this, putting aside the injury and the sadness, just make sure we win this.

Back
Top Bottom