Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So that proves you're as much of a flip-flop as those you constantly berate here daily, nor are you in any way a superior fan to the rest of us
How does it?
You JUST said I have an agenda, it can’t be both.

I changed my mind due to circumstances changing. Is that odd?

It’s not a contradiction, I changed my view for the JANUARY window.
I stand by what I said about the SUMMER window.

What agenda?

You keep saying I change my mind hourly, then you say I’ve got an agenda.

You’ve got zero concept of drawing a logical conclusion to anything you say.
One day you disagree that Dele can be nonchalant, the next day you say Dele was nonchalant.

You say whatever comes into your head that second with absolutely no regard for what said earlier or what you will say later.

You argue points with no context in total isolation from any relevant factors.

Get some help arcspace I’m fucking serious
Your agenda is to paint yourself as some superior, all knowing, all-suffering, salt of the earth fan who's in touch with the club's financial reality and always support the manager and players, not matter what. That is simply not the case. Embrace it and move on

Your agenda is to paint yourself as some superior, all knowing, all-suffering, salt of the earth fan who's in touch with the club's financial reality and always support the manager and players, not matter what. That is simply not the case. Embrace it and move on

But that’s your inferiority complex....if you take that from my posts, then that’s your problem.
I’m just stating my views, where as you are trying to maintain some bizarre internet beef with certain posters.

I just showed you that you talk shit.
“Sammy hates Kane and Dele and wants them sold”
“Sammy said we can win the CL”

Which one is it?

“Sammy doesn’t want signings”
While pos repping me that I want Rabiot and Wilson

Which one?

“Sammy has an agenda.....Sammy changed his opinions hourly”
Which is it?

You make things up and then blame me for your fucked up perceptions. Get help

But that’s your inferiority complex....if you take that from my posts, then that’s your problem.
I’m just stating my views, where as you are trying to maintain some bizarre internet beef with certain posters.

I just showed you that you talk shit.
“Sammy hates Kane and Dele and wants them sold”
“Sammy said we can win the CL”

Which one is it?

“Sammy doesn’t want signings”
While pos repping me that I want Rabiot and Wilson

Which one?

“Sammy has an agenda.....Sammy changed his opinions hourly”
Which is it?

You make things up and then blame me for your fucked up perceptions. Get help
I have no complex from someone who's flounced the forum every since under Poch when results went poor only to return later and claim the moral high-ground. I'm also not the only one calling you out on this holier than thou bullshit. You said it yourself recently - embrace the cuntery

Can't believe people are actually defending his comments. They're appalling & it looks like something Levy regurgitates daily to him.

Those cups aren't important yet they're monopolized by United, Woolwich, Chelski & City.....

The teams with the most money and biggest squads.............hence their reserves beat everyone elses

What did he mean when he said the club made a brave decision not to sign in your opinion.
I know this question wasn't aimed at me, but I'd like to give my opinion anyway.

I think he meant the club made a stupid, miserly, greedy, chicken shit decision which in itself was brave because it carried a high risk of coming back to bite us later in the season.

The club was brave, it took a risk. A big risk which has patently failed and come back to bite us on our arse.

Last edited:
Since Poch took over in 2014
There have been 12 domestic titles
CFC Have won 4
City have won 3
Man U have 2
Goons 2
And Leicester 1
And people are saying that if he was any good he should have won 2+

Leicester were a freak
And the rest all have massively bigger budgets than us and we are in .debt for an 800 million pound stadium

I'd be interested to hear why the guy is such a flop since we have qualified for CL in 3 of his 4 seasons

This might be .the longest we have gone without silverware, but we are now in competition with teams with massive budgets, and we now have Liverpool and potentially Wolves to add to the list in future.
The world has moved on from when we routinely used to win things. People need to open their eyes.

It's an escape for some people. Other men have it as their life purpose. A life purpose is more important than reality.

Those people should evaluate their life priorities.

As a job, sure, you should push yourselves and work to the best of our ability. That’s the players, the coaches etc. For fans? It’s just entertainment.

We can’t throw the cups under the bus when we not win the league in decades and never challenged for the champions league. It’s really bizarre that the mentality is like that. Trophies are trophies. And the main goal of football is to win them. Not making profits or play well. That all should arrive after success. Nobody remembers the second best or who played well but who won. Chelsea won the champions league playing hideous football with a shit squad but in the books they are the only London team to win it. I’m sure they wouldn’t trade the trophy for second place but playing very well.

This whole notion of ignoring the cups only works if you make serious challenge for the league or CL.

In recent history we have done neither so it's ridiculously arrogant to ignore domestic cups. If we ever want to lose this "spursy" ethos we just need to win SOMETHING. the cups represent the best chance of taking that step
Is Poch ignoring the cups or is half the team injured? Eriksen was injured earlier this year, as was Lamela - you can't run them into the ground. Dier and Wanyama both coming off injuries. Son doesn't know what time zone he is in yet. Kane and Dele out. Winks has played a ridiculous amount of minutes because of our midfield injury problems.

Start Lamela, maybe? He brought him in at half. He can't prevent two stupid defensive errors from Sanchez and KWP. He can't put the ball in the back of the net for GKN or Trippier. If those two goals go in all of a sudden Poch is a tactical man management genius.

The last two FA cup runs Poch has played strong teams in general, even against lower competition. People were raising hell over Kane playing against Millwall in the 6th round and because he got injured.

We can’t throw the cups under the bus when we not win the league in decades and never challenged for the champions league. It’s really bizarre that the mentality is like that. Trophies are trophies. And the main goal of football is to win them. Not making profits or play well. That all should arrive after success. Nobody remembers the second best or who played well but who won. Chelsea won the champions league playing hideous football with a shit squad but in the books they are the only London team to win it. I’m sure they wouldn’t trade the trophy for second place but playing very well.

Not sure.

I'll always remember 16/17 and our last season at the Lane. The year we peaked. And we won fuck all.

Who cares what other people remember?

I know this question wasn't aimed at me, but I'd like to give my opinion anyway.

I think he meant the club made a stupid, miserly, greedy, chicken shit decision which in itself was brave because it carried a high risk of coming back to bite us later in the season.

The club was brave, it took a risk. A big risk which has patently failed and come back to bite us on our arse.

I’m glad you finally admit that he didn’t mean spend big by being brave.
Whatever the outcome of the decision it’s all very clear what he meant.....don’t know why you denied for half a year though

Who wants to see peak Arcspace?

Here he is using a quote from May as a tool to debate with...

Indeed they are - here one more time for you ignore

"We cannot think we are the cleverest people in the world and that we will win trophies by spending small money"

What did you think he meant by that exactly - please explain

Here he is last week, telling me quotes from Poch a month ago don't count because our circumstances have changed since, therefore our circumstances have changed...

our circumstantces have changed so they interview from 20 December means nothing now

Hey Arc, if quotes from a month ago are outdated due to circumstances, what does that make quotes from the summer?

And you call Sammy a flip-flopper?

:dembelelol:

tenor.gif

Is Poch ignoring the cups or is half the team injured? Eriksen was injured earlier this year, as was Lamela - you can't run them into the ground. Dier and Wanyama both coming off injuries. Son doesn't know what time zone he is in yet. Kane and Dele out. Winks has played a ridiculous amount of minutes because of our midfield injury problems.

Start Lamela, maybe? He brought him in at half. He can't prevent two stupid defensive errors from Sanchez and KWP. He can't put the ball in the back of the net for GKN or Trippier. If those two goals go in all of a sudden Poch is a tactical man management genius.

The last two FA cup runs Poch has played strong teams in general, even against lower competition. People were raising hell over Kane playing against Millwall in the 6th round and because he got injured.

People were kicking off because Kane came on against Tranmere...

Not sure.

I'll always remember 16/17 and our last season at the Lane. The year we peaked. And we won fuck all.

Who cares what other people remember?
We are also very unlucky. We were extremely good that year but Chelsea was unstoppable and without European football. That was the team I saw from us by far. The Leicester season I was more than happy with champions league football back at the Lane to be fair.

I get a little hard when I hear Poch mention how the PL and CL are the priority.
Then I edge to thoughts of those raging that he doesn't take the FA Cup, Carabao Cup and Europa League as seriously.
Multiple orgasms when someone says it's what our history is based on and how we've gone so long without a cup that we now neeeed one.
Before I have a chance to get soft I rise like Undertaker and Kane when someone suggests these cups will catapult us into winning lots more as we'll finally have the missing ingredient and the winning mentality switch will be turned on.
Well then I am happy to report that you have alot of spank bank material from the last 5 days in a few of these threads...make sure you use lotion.

Since Poch took over in 2014
There have been 12 domestic titles
CFC Have won 4
City have won 3
Man U have 2
Goons 2
And Leicester 1
And people are saying that if he was any good he should have won 2+

Leicester were a freak
And the rest all have massively bigger budgets than us and we are in .debt for an 800 million pound stadium

I'd be interested to hear why the guy is such a flop since we have qualified for CL in 3 of his 4 seasons

This might be .the longest we have gone without silverware, but we are now in competition with teams with massive budgets, and we now have Liverpool and potentially Wolves to add to the list in future.
The world has moved on from when we routinely used to win things. People need to open their eyes.

Very good post that shows how much of an oligopoly football has become on these shores.

The stadium debt and balancing competitive football whilst loading the finance it's cost us off of our shoulders is the thing that matters most at the moment.

All these people mocking the guys & girls saying too 4 is the biggest thing for us at the moment need to understand that the majority of us don't see that as the long term but the here and now.

You get yourself in debt you need to ensure your assets are secure until it's wiped from the slate. An extra £50m-£100m in revenue compared to a few million for a good cup run or £6m for winning the FA Cup is more important to us than a piece of silverware that frankly won't protect us or cover us as we grow.

It's not a long term way of thinking. Personally if the manager is saying the same thing in 5-10 years I'll get irate at that mindset but until we are in the new place & until we bed into our newfound surroundings where we reap the rewards as a collective organisation it's simply about staying with the pack.

A quick question I want to put out to people. Would you rather us keep the players we have, sign nobody, finish 5th and see our contingency plan allow us to keep our nucleus or spend £100m, not qualify for the top 4 and due to that invest have to start dismantling the team? That's the harsh realist of the short term at Tottenham because of the magnitude of the debt accumulated.

We've seen how hard it is to move unwanted players on & if clubs know we need to sell because we fail to reach our targets do you really see us getting market value for them, as well as us shifting them out just like that?

That's the question I put to you all, keep our powder dry & are able to keep Vertonghen, Son, Dele, Kane etc or do all the money it costs us in their wages on £100m worth of signings that don't work out and have to go back to dismantling our team and a complete rebuild because we have to cover the cost of being daring?

The team is still young, still to reach its peak in any area apart from maybe goalkeeper and left back. It improves each year due to its maturity levels going up. Woolwich had to sell the majority of their best players throw their stadium build to help keep the wheels in motion so would you rather see that or less ins and outs and longer term deals to our jewels until we start seeing the finances settle?

Back
Top Bottom