Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe right and agree.

The most damning aspect of what you have written is the bit about being used to it as a Spurs fan. That is 100% correct.

Losing to Chelsea and Palace was not a surprise. In fact I think part of me fully expected it.

What does that tell you.
Trouble is I naively assumed we would beat Chelsea over the two legs but naturally the usual occurred, but with palace I actually said previous before the game that we would lose and again the usual occurred.
There is much to be admired about our team but no matter what season it is there is always a feeling of inevitably about it which is why none of us are surprised.

Trouble is I naively assumed we would beat Chelsea over the two legs but naturally the usual occurred, but with palace I actually said previous before the game that we would lose and again the usual occurred.
There is much to be admired about our team but no matter what season it is there is always a feeling of inevitably about it which is why none of us are surprised.

Yep and it is regardless of manager and team.

And the reason for me and I have said it before, and it's more applicable in finals and key games is this.

Players who lord it over others. Pogba, Hazard, Sanchez (pre-United) 2 or 3 at City.

Simply players who at their best have inspired moments.

It's why with Bale, Gascoigne, Berbatov or even Ginola I always thought 15 minutes of magic could do it. Now we have no one of that ilk so it has to be a collective effort. The closest we have before people jump up is Alli.

Kane is like Shearer was. Super striker but playable and not of the type I talk of.

And the problem for us is that I don't think Pochettino sees such players as the powerhouses they are so I could not see him being likely to such a player even if somehow available before they hit the radar.

I've waited 50 years so far, I can hang on a bit longer.
Are you up for it?
What will you do if it doesn't happen for 5 years, will you quit and find a new club?
I'll still be here.
Exactly..

All this “what happens if” stuff.
That’s up to the person asking the question...people are free to do whatever they want if we fail. The club will still exist and a new chapter will open, and the fans that care will still be around.

I wouldn't read too much into pochs comments about cups and egos as i think he was obviously angry because the club had blown out of both competition's in such a short space of time.
I think he tried to play down fan anger and media frenzy as he knew the inevitable outcome would be that spurs always fail to deliver etc, but I don't think the fan's are as angry as he thinks because we are used to it by now so it's a case of move on until next season but meanwhile concentrate on the league which is our sole focus now.

Another one that doesn’t read much into the comments he doesn’t like, but uses the ones he does as Gospel and definitive proof

Glory glory
How odd....I thought you wanted the club to have more money to pay better wages and buy better players.

But you mock the policy which will allow us to do that, because it hasn’t paid off yet after only being in our THIRD consecutive CL season, and we aren’t even in our home yet.

When the glory comes, some fans will feel a great sense of pride.
Others will just feel it took too long.
Enjoy that.

Glory glory
I simply don't get this response Bill. You're are banging on about spending more money, but when we focus on bringing it in you belittle the very thing that enables the thing you crave.

Shit or get off the pot. Make up your mind what you want or are you a believer in magic money trees or Monopoly money can be used if you scrunch it up lots and lots of times.

I simply don't get this response mindblown. You're are banging on about spending more money, but when we focus on bringing it in you belittle the very thing that enables the thing you crave.

Shit or get off the pot. Make up your mind what you want or are you a believer in magic money trees or Monopoly money can be used if you scrunch it up lots and lots of times.

I simply don't get this response Bill. You're are banging on about spending more money, but when we focus on bringing it in you belittle the very thing that enables the thing you crave.

If it meant we were going cocks out to sign Isco or, more shrewdly, Tielemans, then great, but it doesn't. I'm obviously glad we're making money as opposed to losing it but I can't say the news particularly moves me.

We're throwing cups and stubbornly refusing to strengthen a squad that is down to the bare bones and which looks knackered. P&L news barely registers.

Each to their own

giphy.gif

If it meant we were going cocks out to sign Isco or, more shrewdly, Tielemans, then great, but it doesn't. I'm obviously glad we're making money as opposed to losing it but I can't say the news particularly moves me.

We're throwing cups and stubbornly refusing to strengthen a squad that is down to the bare bones and which looks knackered. P&L news barely registers.

Each to their own

giphy.gif

Bill this our third season in the CL and second away from home.

Do you not understand that our policy hasn’t come to fruition yet.
Do you get that? Do you understand that it’s the start of it, so bang on about 20 years under ENIC all like, this phase is still in its infancy.

This isn’t the same project we had under Jol, or Redknapp or AVB.

Each to their own

giphy.gif
You say "it doesn't move you", but you post a gif of celebration inferring, mocking, that others might be. Well, who are these other people that are moved by it? I see no bunting, no celebration, merely people posting facts about the money CL brings in compared to the pittance the FA Cup does. The only one that is "moved" by it is you as your motivated by mocking it or mocking those that post facts about where the money comes in from.

"Throwing cups" when you reach 3 semi-finals and a final in 4yrs, yeah that's throwing them alright.

Back
Top Bottom