Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am genuinely a little star struck by you T.
tumblr_lguhv2jMwv1qzbl7f.gif

A bit of a Poch rant (maybe I should start with I love Poch very very much, and think he's doing a great job, and I want him to stay for a long long time, and I think he is setting us up the right way, The Tottenham Way, and I think we will achieve success under him, possibly even this season which will be two years earlier than I for one expected anything, and I like his ideas and approach)

So.....Im a bit pissed off that after our dreadful striker situation, we finally get to see the best of Kane, he starts to thrive, and grow as a player, banging in the goals, causing havoc and getting on the end of crosses, offering us an arial goal threat too.

So what do we do after a couple months of unearthing this gem, who has shocked most people by his superb ability to play as a lone striker, up top on his own?

We drop him deep, to sit behind two strikers who cant score, and have probably had about 4 shots between them all season. Now the team is all stifled again, with a stop start approach as soon as we get into the final third, and Kane has become anonymous.

I just do not get this.

:paulinhofacepalm:

A bit of a Poch rant (maybe I should start with I love Poch very very much, and think he's doing a great job, and I want him to stay for a long long time, and I think he is setting us up the right way, The Tottenham Way, and I think we will achieve success under him, possibly even this season which will be two years earlier than I for one expected anything, and I like his ideas and approach)

So.....Im a bit pissed off that after our dreadful striker situation, we finally get to see the best of Kane, he starts to thrive, and grow as a player, banging in the goals, causing havoc and getting on the end of crosses, offering us an arial goal threat too.

So what do we do after a couple months of unearthing this gem, who has shocked most people by his superb ability to play as a lone striker, up top on his own?

We drop him deep, to sit behind two strikers who cant score, and have probably had about 4 shots between them all season. Now the team is all stifled again, with a stop start approach as soon as we get into the final third, and Kane has become anonymous.

I just do not get this.

Perhaps he needs to see how he goes playing there before committing to buying a striker? He obviously knows he can play up top.

I just do not get this.

I don't mind Kane playing the number 10 role as has he has a good skill set in terms of passing and movement and he developed as a second striker before leading the line, however Bobby and ade offer next to nothing up front therefore it's Kane or nothing right now.

Bobby is weak as fuck and gets bullied, not to mention he seems unable to score and ade is a headless chicken and a dickhead to boot. The drop in ability from Kane to Ade and Bobby is like going from Shearer to Heskey, I don't see this as an exaggeration either.

Kane is bascially our only striker from a practical point of view, if he isn't rested he should be played up front. Bobbys performance against sunderland was beyond awful and Ade's against Sheffield United was just as bad.

I just do not get this.

You may have noticed that we're a few player short of our ideal eleven at the moment. With no Chadli, Bentaleb or Lamela, he's got to plug in spaces in the formation, and figure out how to keep the team going. In order to get the second-stringers to work, he's been playing Eriksen and Kane out of position, and hoping they can compensate.

It's not ideal, but when your bench options are not like-for-like in terms of who they replace, you make do.

sammyspurs sammyspurs what would you do if you were poch, not play Bobby or ade unless absolutely necessary?

Id play the way we have been with Kane up top on his own, or if he really wanted to mix it up, play Ade/Soldado behind him.

Soldado is shite as a striker, but can can actually offer something decent from deep. Why the living fuck does Poch play him furthest forward? Nullifying both of them??

Ditto with Ade.

You may have noticed that we're a few player short of our ideal eleven at the moment. With no Chadli, Bentaleb or Lamela, he's got to plug in spaces in the formation, and figure out how to keep the team going. In order to get the second-stringers to work, he's been playing Eriksen and Kane out of position, and hoping they can compensate.

It's not ideal, but when your bench options are not like-for-like in terms of who they replace, you make do.

Im going to agree with that. I think thats the reason too.

Could we not play Townsend, Eriksen and push either one of Mason or Dembele forward then we can keep Kane forward.

If we need to play two up top, I agree that Bobby creates more for his team than Ade. Can't score for shit, poor lad, but his link up play can be delightful & if Poch says he likes his work ethic that's good enough for me. An in form Ade would be like a new signing, but too many false dawns with him & I think his relationship with the fans is broken. I'd like to see changes in personnel, but the January window is fraught. Teams like Burnley & Villa will want over the odds to allow their prized assets to go. We all know the risks of foreign imports being bought at a high price & being expected to hit the ground running to justify the fee. I would personally take a risk this season & spend because it will be too late to lament another shambolic end to the season saying we should have spent in the window. We are in 3 cups & have a chance of top 4 so we should build on the momentum & freshen things up where Poch thinks we need to- for me, a goal scorer is absolutely vital . However, we can expect to pay much more now than we would in the summer for the same player(s).

Could we not play Townsend, Eriksen and push either one of Mason or Dembele forward then we can keep Kane forward.
We could, but for some reason Pochettino doesn't seem to want to. I'd personally prefer using Soldado at LW in Chadli's absence and keeping the Kane as #9, Eriksen as #10 dynamic that we've got going, but I'm not the one in the hot seat.

Ah well, in Poche I trust.

Id play the way we have been with Kane up top on his own, or if he really wanted to mix it up, play Ade/Soldado behind him.

Soldado is shite as a striker, but can can actually offer something decent from deep. Why the living fuck does Poch play him furthest forward? Nullifying both of them??

Ditto with Ade.
Agree. Best players start in their best positions - everyone else can slot in around them.

Real Madrid didn't put Ronaldo in centre midfield because they had Di Maria for the wing - they fucking moved Di Maria!

Kane up top. Eriksen behind. Lloris in goal. First 3 names on team sheet for me, regardless of the competition.

Back
Top Bottom