Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte to PSG, Poch back to us.

Levy and ENIC win, as they don't need to spend big to keep hold of Conte and by bringing back an 'old' favourite they hope this will prevent the fans from kicking off.

Sneaky cunts.

Anyway, at least Poch has some trophies to his name now. I'm glad for him.

In all seriousness, I just don't get the vitriol against Poch.
The vitriol only comes from a tiny, tiny percentage.

Don't make that common mistake in believing that a handful of negative arseholes on an internet forum are an accurate reflection of all fans.

It was definitely time for him to go, but I (and most fans) would welcome a refreshed and motivated Poch back with open arms.

The vitriol only comes from a tiny, tiny percentage.

Don't make that common mistake in believing that a handful of negative arseholes on an internet forum are an accurate reflection of all fans.

It was definitely time for him to go, but I (and most fans) would welcome a refreshed and motivated Poch back with open arms.
Agree.
I wouldn't want his return to cut Conte's stay short, but once that inevitably comes to an end, I'd have Pochettino back.
I'd want a DoF to remain though, his track record on signings was rubbish.

Agree.
I wouldn't want his return to cut Conte's stay short, but once that inevitably comes to an end, I'd have Pochettino back.
I'd want a DoF to remain though, his track record on signings was rubbish.
If there is one thing that you can say that Poch was outright bad at it was player scouting. I trust him to identify what sort of player that he needs, but I don't trust him at all to identify that in a individual player.
That's what sporting directors are for. Look at Klopp and Edwards for a perfect example of that.

He'll be back one day, I just hope that it happens organically/naturally and isn't in any way forced.

If there is one thing that you can say that Poch was outright bad at it was player scouting. I trust him to identify what sort of player that he needs, but I don't trust him at all to identify that in a individual player.
That's what sporting directors are for. Look at Klopp and Edwards for a perfect example of that.

He'll be back one day, I just hope that it happens organically/naturally and isn't in any way forced.
His strength is improving players and building team spirit, but that only lasts so long without quality new transfers, which is why the wheels came off.

His strength is improving players and building team spirit, but that only lasts so long without quality new transfers, which is why the wheels came off.
Yeah.

If I am allowed to be a bit critical of him I think that it coincided with him being touted for the bigger jobs. Maybe he started to believe his own hype a bit and he started getting pickier in what transfers that he wanted instead of being willing to develop a player instead. Holding off on signings Grealish because he wanted De Jong as an example.

Maybe his spell at PSG has opened his eyes to this a bit. That he is better suited to shaping and developing young, hungry players rather than ready made stars with big egos.

If Poch returns and is willing to work with Paratici/a sporting director to bring him new hungry talent I think that we could have something fun going whenever he comes back.

I just did, and to a 'kiss' from you. How kind, thank you.

Waving London GIF by PLAYMOBIL

In all seriousness, I just don't get the vitriol against Poch. I know it all went sour at the end (and for that he, the players, Levy and the scouting team have all to take their share of the responsibility). However, the team he put together was an absolute pleasure to watch, and it was a tragedy that they couldn't capture one single piece of silverware to show for it.
Great post. Crazy how much hate he gets. Can’t imagine being annoyed & upset because he has won a title.
So many of our fans hate him & want him to fail. Very odd.

I do remember being told he is a loser & will never win a title. So at least some egg on those sour bitter faces! :pochsmirk:

The ideal time for Poch to come back for me is in about 5-10 years when hopefully both he and us have had some progress and evolution in capability. But I guess there is no ideal time and there are certainly worse options. I’m still not sure he’s mentally ready to come back afresh. PSG will have left him with some demons too. God awful club that. For me, I’m desperately hoping we can keep Conte for at least another 2 seasons. For that, we have to make CL and provide a record breaking war chest… and I just can’t see the club doing either. Tough times.

I just did, and to a 'kiss' from you. How kind, thank you.

Waving London GIF by PLAYMOBIL

In all seriousness, I just don't get the vitriol against Poch. I know it all went sour at the end (and for that he, the players, Levy and the scouting team have all to take their share of the responsibility). However, the team he put together was an absolute pleasure to watch, and it was a tragedy that they couldn't capture one single piece of silverware to show for it.
Theyre compensating and doubling down. Mix of Levy fanboys. The Poch era was one of the most stable, successful eras at the club in modern time. We was one of the most fittest, creative and deadly clubs and on our day could beat any team in the world.

Then Poch asked for a rebuild to rejuvinate a tired team, and was sacked. There were many on here that thought Poch was holding back the team, and that Levy would lead us to greatness and now they have perpetual egg on their faces.

And now we are lost club with no ethos, philosophy in anything we do, just throwing millions at celebrity managers in the hope we can somehow cling on to that former glory

Theyre compensating and doubling down. Mix of Levy fanboys. The Poch era was one of the most stable, successful eras at the club in modern time. We was one of the most fittest, creative and deadly clubs and on our day could beat any team in the world.

Then Poch asked for a rebuild to rejuvinate a tired team, and was sacked. There were many on here that thought Poch was holding back the team, and that Levy would lead us to greatness and now they have perpetual egg on their faces.

And now we are lost club with no ethos, philosophy in anything we do, just throwing millions at celebrity managers in the hope we can somehow cling on to that former glory
Amazing how people rewrite history.

The ideal time for Poch to come back for me is in about 5-10 years when hopefully both he and us have had some progress and evolution in capability. But I guess there is no ideal time and there are certainly worse options. I’m still not sure he’s mentally ready to come back afresh. PSG will have left him with some demons too. God awful club that. For me, I’m desperately hoping we can keep Conte for at least another 2 seasons. For that, we have to make CL and provide a record breaking war chest… and I just can’t see the club doing either. Tough times.

CL in touching distance. As much down to Conte as the players if we fail to make it now. They need to proof to each other they can do it.

Fed up with them and their sound bites too.

Stay quiet and get it done.

Back
Top Bottom