Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“We know what Woolwich means, this game, for our fans. But we are not thinking about being above Woolwich. Our challenge now is to try and reduce the gap to Chelsea again and think about bigger things than only to be above Woolwich. To win big trophies and achieve big things, your mentality must be bigger than that. You must think about bigger dreams. Big dreams. It’s important to have them.”

This is what I'm talking about. We should never be satisfied, let's reach for the fucking stars and never ever stop.

I love this man more than I have ever loved any woman. The way he engages, communicates and connects with the core of the club is simply immense. I love the fact that he always comes over to us and recognises the support. I love his passion and work ethic. I love his dismissing of the Arse obsession. We will become truly great if we keep him.

No that's not fair - you're doing exactly the same thing. I, and plenty of others think Poch made a mistake - it's an opinion - no more or less valid than yours or Guido's. I, and others said that Poch would never play Son in that position again, so naturally there was a interest in the team selection tonight. You're out of order calling people 'pathetic' for that. You're still claiming you're right even though all the evidence is against you - you have only your opinion. Read the rest of the forum. Most think Poch made a mistake - it's not blasphemy to say that, we lost 4-2. You can't possibly argue that it was the correct decision.

Davies was up against pace tonight - he did ok and we didn't concede against an in form team at their place - it's not luck. Liverpool, Chelsea and woolwich will tell you that - Palace aren't the shit team you make them out to be.
How am I doing the same? As far as I'm concerned that topic was done. Just knew that certain people couldn't resist trying to start it up again which is pathetic.

I'm not going to get dragged into it all again. I've said my opinion on it and I stand by it. I've not once said to anyone they are categorically wrong I've simply made my points and argued my case. You saying I can't possibly argue with your opinion is pure arrogance. Also there's no stats to back up u and others keep saying most people agree with u and even if there was why do u feel the need for it. Surely ur happy and confident enough in your own opinion that u don't need it validated by everyone else.

Anyway I'm not quite sure why ur wading in. I'm aware that your opinion on this deferred from mine and I don't recall giving u any shit for it.

Edit: i never said palace were shit. I just said they weren't Chelsea.

Last edited:
How am I doing the same? As far as I'm concerned that topic was done. Just knew that certain people couldn't resist trying to start it up again which is pathetic.

I'm not going to get dragged into it all again. I've said my opinion on it and I stand by it. I've not once said to anyone they are categorically wrong I've simply made my points and argued my case. You saying I can't possibly argue with your opinion is pure arrogance. Also there's no stats to back up u and others keep saying most people agree with u and even if there was why do u feel the need for it. Surely ur happy and confident enough in your own opinion that u don't need it validated by everyone else.

Anyway I'm not quite sure why ur wading in. I'm aware that your opinion on this deferred from mine and I don't recall giving u any shit for it.

l didn't say you couldn't argue against my opinion - I said the decision. One is opinion, the other is fact, and no you didn't give me any shit. Let's leave it here mate - it's been done to death and we're back to winning ways. COYS!

Don't get me mixed up with other posters mate. I've NEVER said he was LWB cos we had no-one else. I've been defending the "we lost because of Son mantra".

Davies was OK benefitted with being left out on Sat given he has played 13 straight games without any rotation (Not even Rose has had to do a run of games like that, Poch has always rotated his FB's.) But strange why you would bring up this game as if there is supposed to be any relevance, Palace ain't Chelsea, it's fucking Palace mate, Davies has done OK against the shitter sides, struggled against them too, just like in the first half. Match thread say's it all on how people felt when Zaha was on the ball. Took 2 system changes to get it right.

Mate you ain't changing my mind or my position on it, it's getting boring now don't you think? Keep plugging away and I'll answer every question you raise, not sure if its interesting anymore, but keep going if you want to.
Ok. It was Palace. Not Chelsea. We agree on that? We won again. With a back line that was settled. We didn't concede against a team who is flying. With the same formation that beat the chavs at WHL. Agreed? Instead of conceding four goals with an experimental LWB.
It getting boring because people refuse to admit that the line up on Saturday was wrong. Instead, its argued that we had to play Son there because Davies wasn't fit. When that is debunked, it was a tactical decision (that failed). It's "the Spurs way", to fail aiming high etc. It was a fuck up. If it wasn't, then Poch would have played the same team tonight. Why was our new LWB benched against the same kind of speed merchants that he started against on Saturday?
I love you too. But you are clutching at straws after tonight. Back to basics. Back to winning.

l didn't say you couldn't argue against my opinion - I said the decision. One is opinion, the other is fact, and no you didn't give me any shit. Let's leave it here mate - it's been done to death and we're back to winning ways. COYS!
I'm safe cos he has me on ignore...
:levyeyes:
What a fucking ubercunt old Mark Bennett is.
That's all.

:pochbye:

Edit: i never said palace were shit. I just said they weren't Chelsea.
Priceless. The only person who demanded the last word every time he offered the last word to someone else (as an insult) was you. You kept this argument going. And after tonight...you look fucking stupid. 3 points. With Davies in defence rather than Son...it's ok. Poch is allowed to make mistakes & to have them discussed.

Priceless. The only person who demanded the last word every time he offered the last word to someone else (as an insult) was you. You kept this argument going. And after tonight...you look fucking stupid. 3 points. With Davies in defence rather than Son...it's ok. Poch is allowed to make mistakes & to have them discussed.

Yep, its Journey to the Centre of the Earth level digging. "I'd rather concede 4 and be right, than concede none, get 3 points with a below average attacking performance and be wrong".

Defending? It's not the Tottenham way mate.

Yep, its Journey to the Centre of the Earth level digging. "I'd rather concede 4 and be right, than concede none, get 3 points with a below average attacking performance and be wrong".

Defending? It's not the Tottenham way mate.
Spot on. I respect Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 but not that Mockers Mockers at the moment. One has the decency to argue his point eloquently in a civil manner, agree to disagree & shake hands. The other tries to reinforce his point multiple times with Zero humour or humility , tells people to leave it, then puts them on ignore when he gets called out for carrying it on.

Wand.

I can say this freely because I'm on ignore & he won't read it.

:sonpoint:

Perhaps Poch prioritizes the League over any cup.
Even in our FA cup games, they were not difficult games until last Saturday.
I am very proud of what Poch has done to our club, so far, bigger and better to come.
He definitely does and it's the only way we'll be taken seriously. All these twats saying we need a trophy are just trying to destabilise us. They'd really like it if we won the league cup and finished 9th. Don't fall for it.

He definitely does and it's the only way we'll be taken seriously. All these twats saying we need a trophy are just trying to destabilise us. They'd really like it if we won the league cup and finished 9th. Don't fall for it.
Amen.
A cup would be brilliant. I want to see us lift one soon.
The players deserve silverware.
It will come. & it will be superb when it does.
The end.

The result is a fact yes. The decision he made is a fact too. The opinion is whether one was the sole reason of the other.

But yes we are back on track so who really gives a fuck at this point.
:tobyarm:

Season checklist so far:
  • Record points total
  • Record wins in a row
  • Only team unbeaten at home
  • Most goals scored
  • Least goals conceded
  • Fewest loses
  • Top of the league.....:thumbdown:
Why god!? Whyyyyyy!?

:walker-scream:

Back