Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ha yeah I know, just a shit joke.

Imagine if he actually did call them Woolwich! The amount of :dierno:on here!

Anyway I do feel like he is the perfect manager of us, a young coach with a philosophy that really is suited to our club. So long as Levy and Co leave well alone, I think the sky is the limit with our young squad. Hopefully he can achieve all his/our sporting dreams with us. Before inevitably being convinced to take the riches elsewhere in La Liga. I cannot see the goldfish bowl of Utd attracting him, or the Oligarchs dirty cash at the Chavs. Neither of them offer the same expectation or suitability to his philosophy.

I like the idea of Poch taking the high road against that lot, letting the faithful to talk the trash. He'll let his actions speak louder than words instead of a dumb Mourinho/Wenger type "feud". It's up to us to take the piss out of them

Bit of reverse psychology there, very clever, will make overpaid players really think about going for pay rise and checking their backs for any youth wanting to go for their position!

7-star-wars-quotes.gif

Don't get Pochettino, when we hardly have a game for a while we look more tired than when we play loads of games on the bounce, we sell half our squad in the summer but look stronger and our biggest leaders are some of our youngest players like Dier and Kane. All football logic for us has ceased.

There is voodoo shit going on here.

:adestare:

It is within the realm of possibility that his full strength training may be harder on their bodies than the games are. I know from watching enough sports that teams do not do full practice between games when there is a short turn around between games. The squad is stronger this year than last because there are no passengers and there is no crap left on the team. People bitch about Tom Carroll but he has more drive to succeed than Paulinho or Capoue ever showed here. Everyone is pulling in the same direction it is really almost cult like.

Love this

Shots on target per game in Europe's top 5 leagues:

Real Madrid: 8
Bayern Munich: 8
Barcelona: 6.7
Tottenham Hotspur: 6.6
PSG: 6.5
Dortmund: 6.3
Napoli: 6.2

:lamelashock:

Tottenham's players are starting to believe they can win the Premier League title this season, says manager Mauricio Pochettino.

Spurs' 2-0 home win over Watford moved them up to second, five points behind surprise leaders Leicester City, who beat Manchester City 3-1 away.

"You can see in their eyes, the feeling, the energy, that they believe," Pochettino said.:pocheyes:

"Belief is the most important word. If we believe, anything can happen.":pochsmirk:

Spurs have not been so high up in the table after 25 games played since 2012, when they finished fourth, and they have not won the league title since 1961.

"It's real, we are in a very good position but we need to keep working and not think too much about the future," Pochettino added.:pochserious2:

"For me, historically Tottenham is one of the biggest clubs in England. It is not a surprise we are in a good position. But it is better not to speak too much, only to work hard.":pochlol:

Pochettino's side play away to City themselves next Saturday, when Leicester travel to fourth-placed Woolwich. The Gunners can draw level on points with Spurs before then with victory over Bournemouth on Sunday.

Taken off the beeb site!

Amazed how he's improved the side this year. I had him down as no upgrade on Redknapp/AVB. Happy, for the first time in years, to be eating my words when it comes to a manager. I think his philosophy is now there for all to see and he's been able to demonstrate this year that he wasn't just a manager of the moment.

I really hope that Levy backs him well this summer so that we can have a real crack at (hopefully) the CL.

I will hold my hands up and thought that at the start of the season, Poch was a touch green regarding tactics and not sure he had a plan B. However, in recent months he has shown how much he has grown himself and I am so impressed how he has his finger on the pulse - not only with the tactical side of the game but the way he juggles how much playing time each individual gets and needs. We sometimes forget he is relatively young himself. I love how he bigs up the team and how he has garnered the best team spirit I can ever remember.

[
Don't get Pochettino, when we hardly have a game for a while we look more tired than when we play loads of games on the bounce, we sell half our squad in the summer but look stronger and our biggest leaders are some of our youngest players like Dier and Kane. All football logic for us has ceased.

There is voodoo shit going on here.

:adestare:

No voodoo going on here
NO ? we are fed all this shite about tiredness, playing too many age etc.... If its said enough people believe.
Chaves, Scum seem to play the same lot every game bar a couple and get along very well. We are now doing the same. Apparently Vardy was not training between games at Xmas which shows some players have a natural fitness. Ledley King comes to mind, best CB ever and never trained at the end. You either have it or you don't.

Poch must take some credit as he needs to make the final decision and rotate not only for fitness but tactically .

Back
Top Bottom