Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking forward to not listening to talkshite tonight..... wonder what the ginger prick will go for?

Whilst the "Poch failing his audition" line will be the obvious choice, i'm always impressed with his dedication to curve ball trolling.

I reckon it will be more along the lines of "it just proves that Poch has done all he can at a club like Tottenham and proves that he needs to leave to manage a team that he can win stuff at"

If you want to smile at the sheer ignorance of the press look at these player ratings ... every Utd player was better than every Spurs player ... you couldn't make it up (well you could in the media)

Tottenham 0-1 Manchester United: player ratings from Wembley
That is without doubt the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever had plonked before my eyes. 7's for Young, Jones, Shaw and Lingard? 8 for Herrera?? 9 for Pogba???
Dear facking christ
:dier:

Graeme Souness slams referee for not dismissing Manchester United's Paul Pogba for foul on Dele Alli | Daily Mail Online

Paul-Pogba-Souness-vs-Redknapp-Manchester-United-1071629.jpg

BTW, the whole incident wasn't even mentioned on BBC MOTD2 tonight........
It was on MOTD2 in the questions bit at the end...JJ said it was a red and the United cunt Fletcher said a red would have been harsh...like I said a cunt...

So plenty news today talking about how OGS (abbreviated because I can't be arsed to spell his name) ”masterminded” the victory against us.

There was nothing masterful about it, we dominated them second half and had more possession in the first as well, one mistake from us at the back led to them scoring and a mixture of poor finishing and world-class goalkeeping kept us from winning the game.

If Winks would have scored in the first half as well United would have melted, it’a bullshit to suggest they outplayed us or that OGS masterminded the victory, they were literally time wasting from 36 mins onwards.

This loss has pissed me off more than any other for a while, the whole narrative around our club at the moment is toxic, it’s like a complete hit job from the media to make sure this team breaks up and United can slip right into our spot.
Look at it from a positive standpoint, the fans want Ole, Ole is their man, they love him.

I agree with everything you've said, Phill Mcnulty's piece for the BBC had me angry but then left me in tears of laughter. What's best is that Man U fans are buying into it, I've spoken with 4 this morning all think that they played well, all think they "defended well". de Gea did nothing but not just cover the cracks but cover the crevices that exist in that team. Imaging having your manager coming out with "We defended well" whilst having your keeper making a record number of saves! No Ole, you defended terribly and your keeper got you out of a massive hole.

Think it was also Pogba that touched/struck Trippier in face when Trippier reacted to not kicking ball out for Sissoko injury. Surely at least a yellow for striking a player in the face followed by a 2nd yellow for foul on Dele. Incident not mentioned.

It was immediate as well, they were tripping over themselves to excuse it as fast as possible.

It’s clear that the media only love making a big deal of these things when it suits a narrative for them, can't let anything get in the way of this ”Resurgance” United are having.

We all know if the media had it their way it would be Liverpool, United, Woolwich and Chelsea/City in that top 4 and we would be back to 7th or 8th ”where we belong.”

They will spend the entire summer trying to sell off our players and Poch and if it ever did happen they would then turn around and say that we lack ambition and that we have let one of the greatest sides fade away without winning anything.

I am honestly falling out of love with football because of these cunts because their agenda has a clear relation to how officials behave, they know that as well, they knew it during the Leicester season and they know it now.

Sky are a bunch of cretins, they use football as a way to abuse betting and are in the pockets of the top clubs, everybody with common sense knows it just like everybody knows that this league is bent, I love spurs but I would be lying if I said I loved the premier league because I think it is dodgy and sapping the life out of the game and SKY are one of the key reasons for that.

Fuck them.

That yellow card so no further action rule needs changing, amount of incompetent refs means too many players are getting away with murders.
It might not have affected the game, but instead of a 3 match ban Pogba is free to do that again next week. It's not just that game they dodge the knock on effect too. With our depleated squad guarentee it would have taken 0.0001 seconds for a red to have been given to any of our players for the same. Can't throw a spanner in the spokes of the sky teams though.
Sick of seeing it now, time and time again the sky teams have every advantage handed to them during games against every other team. Not just us. We have adhere to same standard as Brighton or Bournemouth etc, but Sky teams have slightly different rules. They can make more niggly fouls breaking up play, or those blatent drag someone down to prevent counters without getting bookings. Oftentimes if a player from the sky teams is tackled hard it's a fucking yellow, while they can still butcher away safe knowing they might get a token card in the 87th minute. Might be a bit Ott, but it certainly feels like it at times there are different rules for different teams.

ALL Tottenham supporters have to wake up to the bias against ONE club - had we had half the refereeing the other 5 top clubs receive Spurs would be top.

Instead Spurs are getting kicked off the park allowed by anti-semetic refs like Mike Dean, who sends off Spurs players with hawk-eyed detection, yet fails to see Harry Kane get CRIPPLED and permits a break leg challenge by Pogba only get a yellow. That's a French player grossly fouling an English international in the English Premier League. I cannot think of any other foreign league that would allow their countrymen to be viciously treated like this.

The England centre-forward and captain was brutally fouled at the end of the match, having previously been allowed to be constantly physically aggravated by various United players 'targetting' him. They also did so to Son who stopped once to look at Dean in amazement.

Sky did not even show a replay of the foul on Kane, as they failed to when Lamela went through against Chelsea only for a "phantom foul" to rescue a poor attempt at obstruction from the Chelsea man - that would have made it 2-0 going into Thursday.

Sky have a habit of "replay machine breakdown" - whenever I see a dodgy call by a linesman or an elbow in the face of Lucas Moura there is no replay. Yet look at the number of replays they showed of Spurs' one favourable call by VAR. Luckily VAR called it not Sky.

The club must do something, make a public statement about their players being targetted and getting no protection from foul play. Refs are pretending to not see fouls on Spurs then are eagle-eyed at any Tottenham infringement. The club spokesman should release a statement - I know the media will poo poo it and say they have gone "mad" as they did when Hoddle said something, but a well-worded claim backed up by tons of video evidence will prove it.

With Harry Kane possibly out for the season while Mo Salah dives every week and is awarded penalties galore, something must be done about this imbalance and corruption at the top of the FA.

Look at it from a positive standpoint, the fans want Ole, Ole is their man, they love him.

I agree with everything you've said, Phill Mcnulty's piece for the BBC had me angry but then left me in tears of laughter. What's best is that Man U fans are buying into it, I've spoken with 4 this morning all think that they played well, all think they "defended well". de Gea did nothing but not just cover the cracks but cover the crevices that exist in that team. Imaging having your manager coming out with "We defended well" whilst having your keeper making a record number of saves! No Ole, you defended terribly and your keeper got you out of a massive hole.
They'll have a nice little patch under Solskjær until the end of this season I reckon.
They give him a contract and it's Moyes all over again he will fail and fail hard.
People have forgotten about his disaster at Cardiff.

That arseole ref SKY use - Dermot Gallagher reckons Pogbas challenge on dele was an accident and the yellow card was the right call - just another ex ref protecting the inept mike dean

They'll have a nice little patch under Solskjær until the end of this season I reckon.
They give him a contract and it's Moyes all over again he will fail and fail hard.
I see your point. But this doesn't factor in OGS improving since Cardiff and learning from his mistakes.

He could of course have gotten better as a manager since then

I see your point. But this doesn't factor in OGS improving since Cardiff and learning from his mistakes.

He could of course have gotten better as a manager since then
Perhaps, or he simply has a much better squad to work with.
Would he of done the job that Poch did at Southhampton? I'm not so sure.

There is absolutely no doubt they are boosted now Mourinho has departed, there is certainly more courage to their game. I also think that he has the press and fans on his side, this aura can carry a team. The ego and confidence is self-perpetuating. All that's coming out of Utd is marketing, of which they have the largest number of staff of any club, it's in overdrive.

But they were centimetres away from getting humped 5 or 6-1 last night. They played better under Jose when we played them earlier in the season.

There is absolutely no doubt they are boosted now Mourinho has departed, there is certainly more courage to their game. I also think that he has the press and fans on his side, this aura can carry a team. The ego and confidence is self-perpetuating. All that's coming out of Utd is marketing, of which they have the largest number of staff of any club, it's in overdrive.

But they were centimetres away from getting humped 5 or 6-1 last night. They played better under Jose when we played them earlier in the season.
Solskjaer will probably get the job...only to be fired next season...

Solskjaer will probably get the job...only to be fired next season...
One thing that's crystal clear for me and that's Poch staying with us. On the back of his Sky interview at Hotspur Way (and other press conferences that others can't get their heads around), there can be no doubts of this now surely? Which is the most important thing. The fact that stories broke that Utd were looking at Southgate at the weekend also show that the penny has dropped with the media too, who have gone from "Poch wants the job", "he's out man" to "Southgate 2nd favourite".

I am truly amazed at how many Utd fans are on board with it, they were dry humped last night but none of them acknowledges this. At least we had a big split in the fanbase when Sherwood was caretaking. They've every right to be delighted with the result but utterly bizarre they are so blinkered as to how they were outplayed and more so listening to their manager have the temerity to say they defended well.

Back
Top Bottom