Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why isnt Klopp being linked with a better club if he's so good? Laughed the other day when they were all sympathising with the little children on his bench that couldnt be trusted to change a game. No talk of a weak Liverpool squad though.

Why isnt Rashford being pushed towards Spurs in the press? Far more likely and beneficial to the player than Kane going to Utd.

Why isnt Pogba being labelled as a flop, like Sissoko and Lamela was? 90M.

Why doesnt Sane deserve to be at a club thats challenging for silverwear. He could play at Real Madrid, where are all the pundits championing that he should leave to progress?

Why is it never mentioned in the goal scorers table that Kane has missed 11 weeks and is still second?
And to be fair to Everton, why is every story about Lukaku leaving, yet none mugging off Chelsea for writing him off after giving him 10 games in three years?

Why are Woolwich, sitting in 7th, yet considered favorites in September being given a wide berth when the word "bottlers" is being thrown about?

Listened to fat boy Quinn on Talkshite this morning.
"What if Spurs fizzle out, like they did last year, after Saturday's terrible result?"

Yeah, 'cos it Liverpool's year again."
Fat c**t.

When Micky Quinn says "Liverpool", he doesn't need to say "Football Club" every time.
We know who he's talking about. Making them sound like the grandest thing ever. Fucking tit.

Why isnt Klopp being linked with a better club if he's so good? Laughed the other day when they were all sympathising with the little children on his bench that couldnt be trusted to change a game. No talk of a weak Liverpool squad though.

Why isnt Rashford being pushed towards Spurs in the press? Far more likely and beneficial to the player than Kane going to Utd.

Why doesnt Sane deserve to be at a club thats challenging for silverwear. He could play at Real Madrid, where are all the pundits championing that he should leave to progress?

Why is it never mentioned in the goal scorers table that Kane has missed 11 weeks and is still second?
And to be fair to Everton, why is every story about Lukaku leaving, yet none mugging off Chelsea for writing him off after giving him 10 games in three years?

Why are Woolwich, sitting in 7th, yet considered favorites in September being given a wide berth when the word "bottlers" is being thrown about?
All the above drives me fucking insane.

We should be put on a pedestal as a shining example of how things should be done.

* We are promoting and developing young English talent.
* We have a mature, respectful manager instead of the petulant stroppy cunts at MCFC MUFC LFC and AFC
* We are playing exciting entertaining football
* We top the league on every stat this season with the exception of a few too many draws
* We have been consistently the best team in the league for the last 2 season

There should be nothing but positivity surrounding us yet somehow there is always a nasty undercurrent of negativity lurking around.

I've always felt we get a raw deal in the media but the last 2 years have confirmed it beyond doubt for me.

All the above drives me fucking insane.

We should be put on a pedestal as a shining example of how things should be done.

* We are promoting and developing young English talent.
* We have a mature, respectful manager instead of the petulant stroppy cunts at MCFC MUFC LFC and AFC
* We are playing exciting entertaining football
* We top the league on every stat this season with the exception of a few too many draws
* We have been consistently the best team in the league for the last 2 season

There should be nothing but positivity surrounding us yet somehow there is always a nasty undercurrent of negativity lurking around.

I've always felt we get a raw deal in the media but the last 2 years have confirmed it beyond doubt for me.
a rare +1

without going into full conspiracy theory mode, I recall at the end of last season everyone saying spurs were the only team not in need of an overhaul, no real weaknesses, great young team/squad/manager, should be challenging again next year, one of the early favorites for the league the following year etc.... then everyone mysteriously forgot over the summer and by the time August came round we were only 6th or 7th favorites for the league, inexplicably behind the dippers. Obviously summer dealings play a part but its ridiculous how quickly we were relegated back to perennial also-rans.

I expect the same to unfold this summer.

without going into full conspiracy theory mode, I recall at the end of last season everyone saying spurs were the only team not in need of an overhaul, no real weaknesses, great young team/squad/manager, should be challenging again next year, one of the early favorites for the league the following year etc.... then everyone mysteriously forgot over the summer and by the time August came round we were only 6th or 7th favorites for the league, inexplicably behind the dippers. Obviously summer dealings play a part but its ridiculous how quickly we were relegated back to perennial also-rans.

I expect the same to unfold this summer.
This is key. I can just about understand after last season as the top teams almost universally underperformed - allowing Leicester to win the league. A pessimist might think that we were also merely capitalising off of the other top 4 sides snoozing.

However, this year has clearly shown that was not the case - and we're now picking up more points than we were last year while also holding off resurgent sides like Liverpool (even though they have no Europe) despite actually being more unfortunate with injuries than we were last season.

But we all know what to expect over the summer... The Manchester clubs will overspend on various transfers and the media will once again be dazzled - proclaiming it a two-horse race before a ball has been kicked. They'll also undoubtedly hype Chelsea up after this year - but that'll be undermined when their squad is stretched by the Champions League and the outrageous fortune they have had in recent games begins to dry up.

Two graphics on the Sky Sports page:
skysports-chelsea-southampton-heavyweight_3938237.jpg

skysports-heavyweight-week-chelsea-southampton-crystal-palace-tottenham-man-city_3937729.png

Promoting three games for "Heavyweight Week" yet no pictures of Poch or a Spurs player. There's no bias at all.
to be fair there's no Big Sam, Zaha or Benteke either...

I just learned on my drive to work that if we don't win this year we are fucked because according to Dominic Fifield; Rose, Walker and Dele are off to City, Dier is headed to United and Eriksen is Barca bound this summer because they will all make triple their current wages and Levy needs the money from the transfer fees to pay for the new stadium.

Amazingly he didn't sell Kane... but that's probably because he's a one season wonder.

You've just shut down the argument, hats off to you sir

Look guys, we need to sell all of our players. Nothing says glory like playing for teams that aren't in the Champions League and finish lower than us. How else will they achieve success?

Plus, I'm pretty sure Mr. Stadium needs £800M before we can move into NWHL, so what choice do we have? That's what the financial experts turned football pundits says, and I'm asssuming they know better based on their track record.

Back
Top Bottom