Media darlings thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently we were the last London team to win there........but it's only us that repeatedly fails in these away games

I didnโ€™t realise that until today, all day yesterday they were banging on about our poor run at Old Trafford, but as you stated, we were the last London club to win there.. unbelievable.
Yet today, we barely get a mention form the same game.
I bet there are clubs that havenโ€™t won there for 20 years or more and yet that stat wonโ€™t even get mentioned.

I didnโ€™t realise that until today, all day yesterday they were banging on about our poor run at Old Trafford, but as you stated, we were the last London club to win there.. unbelievable.
Yet today, we barely get a mention form the same game.
I bet there are clubs that havenโ€™t won there for 20 years or more and yet that stat wonโ€™t even get mentioned.
Woolwich have won only 6 league games at Old Trafford in the past 36yrs; Only 3 wins in the PL era (27yrs); Their last win was 12yrs ago!

Now let's switch it up:
Utd have only beaten Spurs away from home in the League twice (2009 & 2012) in the past decade. In this same period Spurs have now beaten Utd 3 times at Old Trafford.

I don't care about the media praising our players, in fact I'd rather they didn't. I like that we go underneath the radar winning games without the fanfare. With praise the transfer stories come soon after. It only matters what us fans think, fuck the media.

Woolwich have won only 6 league games at Old Trafford in the past 36yrs; Only 3 wins in the PL era (27yrs); Their last win was 12yrs ago!

Now let's switch it up:
Utd have only beaten Spurs away from home in the League twice (2009 & 2012) in the past decade. In this same period Spurs have now beaten Utd 3 times at Old Trafford.
Amazing.

Now let's switch it up:

Unbelieavable.. They havenโ€™t won there for 12 years??? Wow..
We hadnโ€™t won there for 4 years and yet it was the total attention of every article or interview..

Every player that was interviewed was asked about this poor recorded and how long itโ€™s been since we won there.
Us breaking records and beating the so called big boys pisses so many people off. I love it..

Read that on the way in this morning. I'm not a big fan of Lowe due to his Barca obsession, but he's a good writer for sure.
I'm a regular listen to his Spanish Football Podcast (with Phil Kitromilides, a Spurs fan who works for Real Madrid TV), and I don't get the impression he has an obsession with Barca any more than he does with Real. He's a football writer based in Spain, writing about the main talking points in Spanish football. These talking points invariably involve those two teams, and I don't think there's any more to it than that.

That article was an enjoyable read

I'm a regular listen to his Spanish Football Podcast (with Phil Kitromilides, a Spurs fan who works for Real Madrid TV), and I don't get the impression he has an obsession with Barca any more than he does with Real.

I find his gushing praise of both Barca (mostly) and Real (at times) to be over the top. I know it's somewhat understandable, and his style lends itself to flowery language - but it's almost like he's writing a love letter. To be fair, I read him more than I listen to him.

I'm a regular listen to his Spanish Football Podcast (with Phil Kitromilides, a Spurs fan who works for Real Madrid TV), and I don't get the impression he has an obsession with Barca any more than he does with Real. He's a football writer based in Spain, writing about the main talking points in Spanish football. These talking points invariably involve those two teams, and I don't think there's any more to it than that.

That article was an enjoyable read
He's one of the few Journo's who read comments by readers on their articles (Guardian) and will also engage with them also. Great writer and passionate about football, so refreshing than the majority in his profession who write for the click.

Back
Top Bottom