Memorial to my son, Michael Read, at Norwich this Sunday.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I contacted the club, who have been great with their support but they won't put anything on the screens as it is only for ex players, apparently. I am just hoping the word gets around. I am only on this forum but if any of you are on other forums then please spread the word. Michael would be so proud of he is acknowledged by fellow fans. Thanks to everyone for their kind words.
COYS
Mate I’m so sorry! Me + my lot will def be applauding

My 22 year old son Michael Read was hit by a car and killed on the 2nd of October.
He was a massive Spurs fan and we watched all the matches together. He will be mentioned in the obituary section of the programme on Sunday, and I will be sitting in my usual seat, but without him next to me. We miss him so much.
It would be great to get everyone applauding in his memory on 22 mins. He would love that. I'll be in stand 503 with some of his family. If you could do that and spread the word through any other forums it would make Sunday's game even more special for us and for Michael. COYS.
Words fail me Chris.
My kids are a similar age and I just don’t know how I’d deal with the loss of either of them. Heartbroken wouldn’t even cover it.

I won’t be at the ground to applaud your boy, but you, him and the rest of your family will be in my thoughts on 22 minutes Sunday.

God Bless Bruv.

Words fail me Chris.
My kids are a similar age and I just don’t know how I’d deal with the loss of either of them. Heartbroken wouldn’t even cover it.

I won’t be at the ground to applaud your boy, but you, him and the rest of your family will be in my thoughts on 22 minutes Sunday.

God Bless Bruv.
Thanks

My 22 year old son Michael Read was hit by a car and killed on the 2nd of October.
He was a massive Spurs fan and we watched all the matches together. He will be mentioned in the obituary section of the programme on Sunday, and I will be sitting in my usual seat, but without him next to me. We miss him so much.
It would be great to get everyone applauding in his memory on 22 mins. He would love that. I'll be in stand 503 with some of his family. If you could do that and spread the word through any other forums it would make Sunday's game even more special for us and for Michael. COYS.
So very sorry to read this, so very sorry for your loss. Some of my best memories have been taking my sons and daughter to games in the past. I can't imagine what you've been feeling these past few weeks, or what you'll be feeling on 22 minutes v NCFC.

I know some bods on Spurs Odyssey still, I'll send your OP on to them and hopefully it'll reach a lot of fans from there going.

Will be thinking of you all 2.22pm Sunday.

Best wishes, Chris

CB

wont be there but will be clapping at home. Such sad news pal, feel for you and your family

I’m so sorry to hear your loss

I’ve retweeted your Daughter’s tweet. I’m not at the game on Sunday, but I’ll be thinking of Michael, you and your family during the 22nd minute

Dear Chris we will be thinking of you and your family on Sunday and clapping loudly, my husband recently lost a dear friend who used to travel up with him on match days and it is not the same without him but the Spurs bond is strong and hopefully will help to get you through this awful time, let me know if you ever need more tickets to attend with your family at another match as we are a few blocks along X

Back
Top Bottom