Memory Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
My father first took me to White Hart Lane, the world famous home of the Spurs, when I was four. I spent most of the game curled up asleep in his lap, so remember little about it. The loud, aggressive, sometimes frightening atmosphere of English football in the early ‘80s isn’t an ideal place for a child to nap but, from my first game, The Lane had become a second home. I belonged there. As I grew, I fell in [...]

Continue reading...

Mr Always Right - this sounds like one for you! ;)

Although i never lived in N17 myself (NW7 or E9 the closest) my Nan/Uncle lived in Brantwood Rd for about 40 years (next road on the right north of Northumberland Park).

Very poignant piece: on the money. The working class are being priced out of the game they supported for years. Remember my grandad taking me in the late 60s, no flash bastards then, just real supporters standing room only- noisy!!. The megalomaniac is American, choses to live there and take the citizenship, has he ever been to a game!!

Back
Top Bottom