Messi - The greatest player ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some south American journalist reckons he will still remain at Barca in the end, reckons La liga will cave in and change the wage restrictions.
That is transparently what yesterday’s announcement by Barca was about. Heap the pressure on La Liga by making clear that their rules mean Messi leaving the country.

No idea how that might play out.

However, between Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi it is not clear who is more beggar.

Slaves of millionaire contracts after earning the impossible.
Messi leaves Barcelona after earning € 800 million (roughly calculated).
He gave a lot to Barcelona but Barcelona gave a lot to him.
If you are not free with that money you will never be free.

Although I agree with you some on of the accounts I disagree that he's world-class even when poor. He's been poor in every WC he's played in - which is why most Argentian fans will always consider Maradona a better player. While Maradona to some extent could adjust to others .... Messi - like Cristiano Ronaldo - never managed that"skill": unless the team is tailor-made around him (Messi) and he's always the main *star* he turns into a rather ordinary player.
It also showed in that disastrous 0-4 defeat to Liverpool, when Messi was a non-factor.
Iniesta & Xavi are considered some of the best ever midfielders, and they're a major reason why Messi did so well: those 2 (plus Busquets as DM) controlled every single game they played together; and where the major reason why Messi scored so many goals. And they not only kept the ball in Barca's possession but also worked tirelessly in defense, covering for Messi - who (like Cristiano Ronaldo) rarely wanted to defend - which covered up for Messi's defensive flaws.
But, yes, both Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi will be considered among the world's greatest footballers
Yes, a very ordinary player indeed for Argentina but without any doubt the best football player since a Maradona, or a Pele, or a Johan Cruyff. The Portuguese pin-up C. Ronaldo lost his bottle here in the premier league and opted instead for the easy life. I’d love to see Messi finish his career here in the English league and I’m confident he unlike powder puff- would not bottle it!

However, between Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi it is not clear who is more beggar.

Slaves of millionaire contracts after earning the impossible.
Messi leaves Barcelona after earning € 800 million (roughly calculated).
He gave a lot to Barcelona but Barcelona gave a lot to him.
If you are not free with that money you will never be free.
Why would Messi play for "nothing" while the likes of Umtiti, Dembele, Griezmann are earning 10+M?

It's such a weird argument I red from a lot of people.

He agreed to cut his salary to half. He made that club the brand that is today. Bartomeu and his crew screw this up and Laporta choosed SuperLeague over Messi for few more years, that's saddest part.

Why would Messi play for "nothing" while the likes of Umtiti, Dembele, Griezmann are earning 10+M?

It's such a weird argument I red from a lot of people.

He agreed to cut his salary to half. He made that club the brand that is today. Bartomeu and his crew screw this up and Laporta choosed SuperLeague over Messi for few more years, that's saddest part.
If we talk about salaries, Graziano Pelle ', a mediocre Italian striker in China earned € 14 million / year. Messi is a champion who had to be grateful to Barcelona. The salaries of Dembele, Griezman etc are the mistakes that led Barcelona to this situation. If he had been generous he would have done it for his soul and for his people. At PSG he will become just another emir's puppet.

If we talk about salaries, Graziano Pelle ', a mediocre Italian striker in China earned € 14 million / year. Messi is a champion who had to be grateful to Barcelona. The salaries of Dembele, Griezman etc are the mistakes that led Barcelona to this situation. If he had been generous he would have done it for his soul and for his people. At PSG he will become just another emir's puppet.
Lol

Why would anyone play for pride? I mean do you hear yourself?
Messi can earn another 200M in his career and he should say nah man, I have enough LOOOOL

Lol

Why would anyone play for pride? I mean do you hear yourself?
Messi can earn another 200M in his career and he should say nah man, I have enough LOOOOL
A footballer has to take a stand otherwise he is a puppet.
I don't care how much he earns but he has proven himself to be a dummy. He went right to the Emir's team, the one who signs a check and buys whoever he wants.
He could have given a signal.

612rnVLKUuL.jpg

A footballer has to take a stand otherwise he is a puppet.
I don't care how much he earns but he has proven himself to be a dummy. He went right to the Emir's team, the one who signs a check and buys whoever he wants.
He could have given a signal.

612rnVLKUuL.jpg
Jiventus fans moaning aboutmorality and illegal stuff in football, give me a break.
Messi is going to PSG because of his good friends amd because that is the only club that can match his ambition.

Jiventus fans moaning aboutmorality and illegal stuff in football, give me a break.
Messi is going to PSG because of his good friends amd because that is the only club that can match his ambition.

You can also criticize Juventus (and I hate the idea of the Super League) but you can't tell me that Ceferin and PSG are the good of football. Where are the laws on financial fairplay? Why do teams with Arabs behind them have freedom to spend while others don't?

Back
Top Bottom