Micky van de Ven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a player. Exactly my type of defender. Never ever gives up and so full of aggression but the good kind.

My fear, though, is that the way we play means he's gonna get a fair few injuries...Angeball too often requires him to make them desperate sprints. Hopefully that improves as and when we get a proper beast at the 6. Think Vic needs to sweek keep a la Hugo a bit more too.

What a player. Exactly my type of defender. Never ever gives up and so full of aggression but the good kind.

My fear, though, is that the way we play means he's gonna get a fair few injuries...Angeball too often requires him to make them desperate sprints. Hopefully that improves as and when we get a proper beast at the 6. Think Vic needs to sweek keep a la Hugo a bit more too.
Spot on. He has to work way too much sprinting flat out to cover for others. It was only a matter of time before he picked up another injury. Let’s hope it’s nothing serious

Spot on. He has to work way too much sprinting flat out to cover for others. It was only a matter of time before he picked up another injury. Let’s hope it’s nothing serious
Hopefully the big fella knows that kamikaze way of defending ain't sustainable, be it for the lad's health or the team's results.

Sure the leadership group will have their say on the matter too, as will Micky himself.

Looked like a cramp but the comms on the US broadcast said that Dragusin was warming up intensely at HT so maybe something else that he mentioned to Ange during the break.

Let’s hope whatever it is, it isn’t too serious. International break coming will be a benefit.

I was Borough Champion at 100m

beyonce-hair-flip.gif

Although the truth is there were two other guys quicker than me, the first steadily slower the older we got (and I guess because of our body types things evened out he was 5 ft nothing and was 20m ahead after 40m!!) but the other guy, my word he was lighting, miles faster but for some unknown reason he only ever did 100m once and focused on 200m (quicker than me in both events by miles). Basically, I waited for him to pick his event and I would do the other one.

The worst dose of reality came when I was selected to represent the County in the Nationals, it was embarrassing, I didn't qualify out of the first round of many heats. So you might be "fast" and I was but half a second let alone 1 second is huge in these events.

And yeah, the media don't have a clue with these comparisons, they take the time of these sprints between two points probably only 10-30m, and they don't mention that this is also not a standing start. It's totally pointless comparisons but seems to get everyone juiced up.
A 10th of a second or .1 is a fair distance on a track. That's the way it felt when i competed in sprinting.

There is also team sport fast and track sprinter fast. The nuances of starting out the blocks and not making any errors,(that'll cost you over the short distance) is all apart of sprinting. Sometimes quickness doesn't translate to competitive sprinting as it appears on a football or rugby pitch.

He has Kyle Walker pace and Ledley King level defending. That's a hell of a combination for a 22 year old. Only injuries could stop him from becoming and being one of the very best defenders in the world for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom