Middlesbrough away - 24/9

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst it seems weird NOT seeing Kane's name in the line-up... I genuinely think that any permutation of that 18-mam Squad can do a job.

In their last four games, Middlesbrough have lost 3 (including to Championship Fulham) and drawn 1. Stuani, who sat out the Everton mauling, but who put two goals past Sunderland, will be back.

Rock-bottom Stoke kept them to a 1-1 draw, and they were beaten by struggling Palace. Everton managed to wrap up the game 3-1 by half-time.

Seems to me like they won't be coming at us with wave after wave of attack, and my guess is that we'll have too much up front for their defence. I expect them to sit back and dig in, and we'll need to find a way through a stubborn but penetrable defence.

An early goal for us would likely mean a big score, as they become stretched in increasingly desperate attempts to equalise. But - if we can't find a way through we could be in for a frustrating afternoon.

We really should have too much for them, all the way through the pitch.

George Friend is their weak link so we should be looking to attack that right side. Considering the majority of our league goals have come from the right said, this should be good.

That is of course they continue to play him.

The "magic man" has us down to win 3 -0...

Oh boy!

First game I'm unable to watch.. driving to brum. Cool story

Dembele and Dier doubts? Save them for Tuesday

Lloris

Walker Toby JV Davies

Alli Wanyama

Sissoko Eriksen Son

Janssen

If Dier and Dembele are out, then I'd like to see..

-----Sissoko---Wanyama
Lamela-----Alli--------Son
---------------Janssen--------

But I think Poch may drop Alli deeper and play Eriksen in the whole.

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Davies
Waynama Winks
Sissoko Lamela Son
Janssen

Bring Alli and Eriksen on if we are struggling to break down Middlesborough, think based on pre-season and Wednesday I feel Winks is ready and against a team sitting deep a deep lying playernaker to run the game would be good.

Expecting however

Lloris
Walker Toby Vert Davies
Waynama Alli
Lamela Eriksen Son
Janssen

I have a spare return train ticket for the Game tomorrow leaving from Kings X at 1100 £44. If anyone needs it let me know.

Also which pub are we going to in Boro?

Yeah, if Dembele is out I would love to see Alli and Wanyama centrally. Eriksen and Lamela both come in and Son on the left.

Tottenham is not the same without Harry :(
raw

it breaked my heart take him out of my fantasy team, always the captain

I think we have to look at the next 3 matches and picking those that suit which occasion. Maybe better for Dembele to play Middlesboro & MCity and give CSK a miss. Dele may be able to play all 3. Lamela maybe saved for CSK. Poch will know who performs best after a long travel to Moscow and who best to play the league matches.
Basically not got a Scooby doo on who will play which match but very difficult week.

Who would chose to live in Middlesbrough of their own free will? I've been trying to figure this out for ages. Feel sorry for the players having to go there, but I'm sure we'll feel better coming back to London with three points.

We have such a great squad, I really don't know what team Poch will put out, but I'm looking forward to seeing whoever plays.

Back
Top Bottom