Mike Dean

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Either way, Dean should not be anywhere near Spurs matches. Proven time and again he's going to cause problems and be the centre of attention. How he's allowed to officiate when people pay their hard earned money to watch football is the question.
It doesn't work like that though.
He's a league official.He is either allowed to ref all matches or none at all.
Would open a can of worms if certain refs weren't allowed to do certain teams definitely.

Would open a can of worms if certain refs weren't allowed to do certain teams definitely.
its from 2016 but

Do referees have to say who they support?
Yes. And referees will not get appointed to the clubs they support.

"At the beginning of every season the referees' background information is audited," said Keith Hackett, the former head of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the organisation that makes refereeing appointments for Premier League games.

"They complete a form that includes who they support, the history of if they've played the game and with the addresses where they are residing.

"That gives you a picture that comes into use when you're appointing. It's about ensuring, for example, you wouldn't appoint a Sheffield-based ref for a Sheffield team."

its from 2016 but

Do referees have to say who they support?
Yes. And referees will not get appointed to the clubs they support.

"At the beginning of every season the referees' background information is audited," said Keith Hackett, the former head of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the organisation that makes refereeing appointments for Premier League games.

"They complete a form that includes who they support, the history of if they've played the game and with the addresses where they are residing.

"That gives you a picture that comes into use when you're appointing. It's about ensuring, for example, you wouldn't appoint a Sheffield-based ref for a Sheffield team."
Oh well.
You learn something new everyday.

Well nevertheless, he should not be officiating full stop. Yet it seems certain teams don't get certain refs near them due to perceived bias.

If I was Daniel Levy, I'd hire private detectives to bug the referees meetings they have every week and when they have enough evidence, sue the Premier League!

You might think that's extreme or fantasy, but the Mail On Sunday did that to Lord Tottenham head of the FA to get him the sack. They wired an Woolwich-supporting old friend of his to try a 'honey trap'. Despite all her efforts he didn't bite but still got sacked.

Ask yourself why the media wanted to get Lord Tottenham the sack?

Sorry for boring you with facts.

The current fair play league table showing the refs are booking Spurs for nothing and show no consistency. Look at Anthony Taylor's performance against Leeds not booking Xhaka in the cup and VAR's lack of action against Lacazette who also was diving and rolling around the whole match. Here are the facts in the league at this point.
# Team Games Cautions Dismissals Disciplinary Points
1 Woolwich 24 57 1 238
2 Watford 25 50 4 230
3 Tottenham Hotspur 23 51 3 226
4 Everton 26 44 2 196
5 AFC Bournemouth 24 46 1 194
6 Sheffield United 24 44 1 188
7 Manchester United 24 46 0 184
8 West Ham United 23 43 1 182
9 Wolverhampton Wanderers 24 40 2 180
10 Norwich City 23 45 0 180
11 Aston Villa 26 42 1 178
12 Manchester City 25 39 2 176
13 Chelsea 24 43 0 172
14 Crystal Palace 23 34 2 160
15 Newcastle United 23 34 2 160
16 Brighton & Hove Albion 24 34 2 158
17 Southampton 25 34 2 158
18 Burnley 23 37 0 148
19 Liverpool 24 23 1 102
20 Leicester City 26 25 0 100
I'd say the top 5 more closely reflects 5 teams all having poor seasons to date, packed with frustrated and/or off the pace players.
There's clearly no conspiracy to protect Woolwich!

I would say Mike Dean cost Pochettino his job, and now they are starting on José.

When we saw Spurs rampant, Son, the happiest nicest footballer expressing his talents, then they ganged up and sent him off THREE times for the slightest of infringements just to bring his morale down and allow opponents to niggle him. They are now booking Spurs players for anything while not applying the same standards across the board.

Compare how Liverpool have got away with murder with Mané rolling over and diving constantly, Mo Salah exagerrating any contact in the box to get penalties, Granit Xhaka of Woolwich doing at least 4 bookable fouls EVERY game and not being booked, Guendouzi and Tereriera diving and rolling over screaming (I never mentioned Lacazette) and being rewarded, it's a crime.

I think Boris should investigate the FA and see Mike Riley is not fit for purpose and do an overhaul of the English League and bring the game back to the people.

Cannot complain today. He did not give the penalty as VA R did nor the Lloris incident. Whilst he could have sent Sterling off and had he done so VAR would have backed him as a close decision. However had he not sent the MC player off it would have been a very different goal. Perhaps his problem was not the club but Poch after that incident.

He was a cunt and gave us nothing before falling out with Poch though

Players hate it, managers hate it and fans hate it.
A strong “it’s not football anymore” movement, a few walk outs and it’s done I reckon
Much as we would want that to be true VAR is probably here to stay, rolled out across Europe the TV companies love it, and after all they are the paymasters. Managers, players, fans in the ground ... meh we don't count. The billions who watch the telly that's what matters and VAR generates more TV minutes than pretty much anything else.

They need to get it working properly ... but do they want to ... controversy is TV gold I'm not at all sure they don't make some calls just to create controversy ... then of course there is LiVARpool to consider, what would they do without it?

DERMOT SAYS: "When I saw it in real time, I thought yellow card. When I saw the replay, my immediate reaction was red card. When I look at it again there are a number of factors here. It doesn't look good but Alli does actually get a touch on the ball. Sterling is studs up and he's quite clearly going for the ball. Because he's studs up, he hasn't got any intensity and I think that's what has saved him. It's not a good tackle but he hasn't lunged. It's not a red card offence.

"The difference between the Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Ben Godfrey red card is that they both go to ground. They are both horizontal, Sterling's not."

I kind of agree with most of this.
Say it quietly so do I

Back
Top Bottom