Mikey Moore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it was from half a dozen games it'd probably be more relevant really, evidence that he can do it consistently against a range of opposition as opposed to potentially just having the game of his life or facing poor opposition.
if hes playing against 17-18 year olds at 15 that is promising. gap should be very big at that age

and tbh he doesn't look like a Rooney that was physically advanced for his age as well as technically good. This kid looks like he's there on technique and gumption.
yea rooney was a bit of a freak. he was probably shaving at 15.

yea good technique is a big positive at that age. it can be a weird one because they havent fully grown yet, then when he has fully grown in height hes then got to fill out his frame..can all change a player quite a bit. but it looks like he has the main thing which is a football brain.

Just seen this thread. Never heard of the kid before now, but he looks impressive.

When I watched the first clip against Forest, he really reminded me of Waddle with the way he ran. Looks like he's only got one pace then boom he's past you.

Certainly seems to be one to watch out for, and he's up with the first team at 15 years of age?

Very impressive. He'll get his chance and will be backed by this manager too, if he's good enough. Not necessarily this season though. At 15 he's still got an awful lot of developing to do physically.

Wonder what those academy changes were?

I’d guess financial offers to players
Possibly this

“Paratici is understood to have increased the pay structure for youth players, which had been something previous Spurs academy head John McDermott is believed to have been against as he wanted to keep the young players hungrier in their development,” Gold wrote

I'm only guessing here, but aren't 15 or 16 year olds not under full contracts to a club, only allowed to sign full professional contract s when 17? What I'm getting at is, if he really shines this year, couldn't any other club offer him a contract?

I'm only guessing here, but aren't 15 or 16 year olds not under full contracts to a club, only allowed to sign full professional contract s when 17? What I'm getting at is, if he really shines this year, couldn't any other club offer him a contract?
Yeah only allowed to sign a scholarship deal at the moment which is max 2 years. At 17 he can sign a max 3 years pro contract and at 18 can sign a contract longer than 3 years. If he didn't sign a pro deal at the end of his scholarship and went to another club, all we would get is a compensation fee which often isn't that much.

Back
Top Bottom