Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it would have been good if, in true spinal tap style, the metal detector went off and the kid pulled out a courgette wrapped in tin foil

B1gXFfNCcAAL85s.jpg

Funny because I was just reading a story on the Gulf states' recent incursion into sport and how the powerful families in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha pride themselves on tradition and respect. Shame they have fuck all respect for others' traditions though.

Their wealth is immense and money talks. We bend over backwards in this country to appease other cultures, yet we cannot be expected to see them do the same - "they're traditions are far too important".

To see a club of Real Madrid's stature and wealth changing their famous crest for a credit card is truly a sign of the times.

News story I referenced: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30180206

Which game was that at? And what sense of entitlement led them to think that was ok in the first place?
I remember one year some asian man showed up at the Master's tournament with tickets for the practice round, dragging an entire bag of clubs with him thinking that he had gotten tickets to play the course.
:adelol:

After listening to the podcast this week, and following F.A.N. on Twitter, I've been thinking about fans protesting against modern football. This image from the San Siro last week speaks volumes. Although the emptiness was to show contempt at how the club was being run (and calling for money to be put IN the club), the image shows the power of numbers.
As mentioned by many, the best way is voting with your wallet: don't buy merchandise / boycott games.

hi-res-c5f16b732a779d2cf0a29756452d93cf_crop_exact.jpg

After listening to the podcast this week, and following F.A.N. on Twitter, I've been thinking about fans protesting against modern football. This image from the San Siro last week speaks volumes. Although the emptiness was to show contempt at how the club was being run (and calling for money to be put IN the club), the image shows the power of numbers.
As mentioned by many, the best way is voting with your wallet: don't buy merchandise / boycott games.

hi-res-c5f16b732a779d2cf0a29756452d93cf_crop_exact.jpg
I get the idea, and it's probably the path of least resistence, but if the owners are willing to wait you out, it's not always effective. Especially with the influence of overseas markets now in the Premier League. I really think fans should be trying to force legislation that encourages fan ownership, and trying to create supporters groups to raise the money to buy significant stakes in the clubs. Instead of being reactive to actions idiots try to take, we need to be proactive and prevent those idiots from being allowed to try out their ideas in the first place.

Fans protesting about modern football then moaning about "everywhere we go" being a lower league chant..........
work-meetings.gif

Fans protesting about modern football then moaning about "everywhere we go" being a lower league chant..........
work-meetings.gif

I don't think the issue (for me anyway) is that its a lower league chant. Its that every fucker and his dog have jumped on it.

If anything, it's become too mainstream.

Back
Top Bottom