Modric starring role in El Classico

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, not directly directed at you rwb2000 rwb2000 but all this laughing at Modric for not playing is just retarded.

The guy is getting paid the wages he wants to be paid, he has already won a trophy and he's settling into a new country and culture. Madrid wouldn't have paid £3om for a guy to have a long-term bit part role. The more I read Spurs fans laughing at "Ratface" for not being on as many points as we're on or for not having played as much as he might have liked to, the more I just cringe. Makes us sound like a bunch of bitter cunts, basically.

Why focus on the negatives of Modric leaving when we can talk about one of his replacement's class?

He's probably lost as much in appearance and win bonuses as he's made in extra wages.......I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he's not exactly chuffed to be playing second fiddle to Michael Essien

Sorry, not directly directed at you rwb2000 rwb2000 but all this laughing at Modric for not playing is just retarded.

The guy is getting paid the wages he wants to be paid, he has already won a trophy and he's settling into a new country and culture. Madrid wouldn't have paid £3om for a guy to have a long-term bit part role. The more I read Spurs fans laughing at "Ratface" for not being on as many points as we're on or for not having played as much as he might have liked to, the more I just cringe. Makes us sound like a bunch of bitter cunts, basically.

Why focus on the negatives of Modric leaving when we can talk about one of his replacement's class?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read very few people are missing him at this point. It's a bit more than just what you listed, the greater part EXACTLY being our focus on Dembele's class, and our lack of regretting Modric's departure at the moment.

The point being, we're laughing at the "irreplaceable" Modric, the guy that thought he was bigger than Spurs and desperately wanted to join Chelsea -- and then Real Madrid -- because he felt that Spurs couldn't fulfill his ambitions, made a ~15 million lb profit on him compared to his replacement, (a fella who has completely filled his shoes to the point that we don't miss Modric anymore) a player that WANTED to play for Spurs, and we're looking to have the better squad because of it, all the while Modric is sitting on the bench after his dream move.

No, I don't think anyone is claiming that Modric will never get off the bench, but it's pretty fucking funny that we replaced him and don't look to have skipped a beat while doing so, and are looking to have a better squad than last season despite that.

The guy is getting paid the wages he wants to be paid,
In other words he values his wages over playing.

he has already won a trophy
A trophy of no more consequence that the Community Shield, and one which he did not contribute to in terms of getting to play the match in the first place.

and he's settling into a new country and culture.
Oh please.

Madrid wouldn't have paid £3om for a guy to have a long-term bit part role
Maybe not, but silly money had been paid before for players who become super subs. For al you know that's exactly what Jose wants him for, to come off the bench as a tactics changer.

. The more I read Spurs fans laughing at "Ratface" for not being on as many points as we're on or for not having played as much as he might have liked to, the more I just cringe. Makes us sound like a bunch of bitter cunts, basically.
Yeah, because we shouldn't be bitter about the little shit getting paid by our club the same money a week that it takes most of us a year to earn and then sits out the first few matches of the season two years in a row "because he head is not right"?
I did exactly that in the comparison thread I set up before this one, maybe you should read it.

Basically, you aren't convincing me. Fuck the little cunt.

Nah, Essien has been entirely pap for a few years now.
Yeah ever since he started picking up injuries with regularly he's been on the decline. Modric is most definitely the better player, and will feature a lot for Madrid this season.

I find it funny that people are laughing at him being benched for someone like Mesut Ozil, when playing away at the Camp Nou.

Fucking hell does there have to be a level of intellect and reason to everything?

Modric acted like a cunt, and I find it funny he's being used as a sub, and was left out of the biggest game in Spain.

There is no more logic to it than that.

This is football, maybe you want to start getting used to it.

Yeah ever since he started picking up injuries with regularly he's been on the decline. Modric is most definitely the better player, and will feature a lot for Madrid this season.

I find it funny that people are laughing at him being benched for someone like Mesut Ozil, when playing away at the Camp Nou.
What if Barca come calling and he no like Crown badge? :adegrin:

I don't know why I'm posting in this thread really, I don't give a toss whether he plays every game or never plays again.

I do like the fact there is so much animosity towards him though. Let's see who the next player to flirt with chelscum again lol.

Fact 0f the matter is this; even on Dembele's best day and Modric on his worst, the little Croatian will still always be a class above. Mousa is an excellent footballer, I'm glad we've got him, but Luka was and is a truly special footballer. Unless you're Ronaldo you don't just walk in to the Madrid first team, you have to earn the right to be in that side, and in time I believe he will do.

Anyone that's seen his brief cameo's up until now will have already seen him come on and dictate play like he did for us, so imho opinion this is a waste of an argument. I'm not just having a go at you lot, this seems to be a much wider spread epidemic amongst fans, but you seem to be confusing bitterness with ignorance and stupidity.

Taking out a personal vendetta against someone that left the club to go to the scum, or talks down about us once he leaves is one thing, but acting like petulant dumped girlfriend over player who has joined probably the biggest club in the world and has done nothing but praise the club and it's fans once leaving in another. Fair enough he didn't conduct himself ideally for two transfer windows, and I accept that if it were up to him, he'd probably be a Chelsea player right about now. But still, as a fan of football, while it slightly taints my memory of him, it doesn't detract from my memories of him as a player, or of wanting him to succeed. He's a horrendous waste of talent if not.

Like I said in the thread when he was in the business of leaving for Real - where a similar tone of taking out all of his clothes and burning them, cutting him out of holiday pictures and glueing in pictures of someone new instead was going on - I simply wished him all the best for the future and hoped he did well. And you know what? If it doesn't work out for him all that well in Madrid, if they manage to ignore his talent and potential and deem him surplus to requirements, I think we've got a #14 shirt going spare that I wouldn't mind seeing pulling the strings around the Lane again.

But then again, that's just me. I'm not arguing with anyone about it any further, I'm just telling you; take your knickers out of their fucking twist and be grateful that we got to witness a footballer of that class for the amount of time we did. Lord knows they don't come around all that often.

VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur We must've been reading different threads then. I've seen a lot more anti-Modric stuff than I'd have liked to have seen. I suppose we both have different expectations of how much people will talk about new players/ old players. And Dembele is class yes, but let's not act like it's an improvement at this moment in time. Maybe Demb will go on to be better than Luka but like Bains said.. Modric is a class above.

@SmokedSalmon You're not convincing me... I still, despite everything, kinda like the little cunt.

sammyspurs sammyspurs "This is football, maybe you want to start getting used to it." ...this is a forum, we talk about things and inevitably disagree on some points, maybe you want to start getting used to that fact?

Anyway, yeah, this is probably a waste of an argument. He's quite an irrelevance as a player to Spurs now, :nawty:

Back
Top Bottom