Money Talks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing people need to reckon with is that Newcastle hasn't and never intends to break any rules regarding FFP or other costs controls coming into the game.

And yet they've effortlessly breezed past us never to be seen again under ENIC leadership.

The idea that only unpunished rule breaking has cost Levy his trophies is a total fantasy.
How can you possibly know any of this?

Money is important but trans have been able to build something with May be not as much. I mean I’d like to see the diff in terns of money soent in last 5 years between us and citeh. I bet the diff does t really equate to the diff in football which is in a diff universe. Good purchase with a great coach and some good HG players can still work.

Well we know the Saudi's inherited more than enough FFP breathing space for the spending they've done so far. And the revenue boost of CL football gives them plenty of headway to keep spending big in the immediate term.

They will likely bring in more revenue than Spurs next season. Just like that.
If they were intending some financial chicanery, I doubt they’d call a presser to announce it though. We have no clue what their plans are.

We also have no clue how they are going to get on next season. They’ve got a really white squad for a team that’s going to finish third. Fuck knows how that’s happened, but with Europe to cope with too, I very much doubt they’ll finish top four next season.

Are you just setting low expectations for us so you aren’t as disappointed as you could be if we have another dodgy season? I’m not into that. I can’t wait for next season to get going.

Are you just setting low expectations for us so you aren’t as disappointed as you could be if we have another dodgy season?
There's a real variance around here in the degree to which different people are registering how severely and rapidly our competitive fortunes have been declining.

Once Kane leaves for nothing we're finished. There's going to be a lot of loud noises and bullshit next year, but that's the bottom line.

It's also clear to see that Brentford & Brighton (the 'Br Brothers' if you will) are punching well above their weight!!!

Also it's evident (in Everton & Leiectsers case) that half decent spending doesn't guarantee you half decent league position!

We are simply an anomaly to everything statistics are supposed to tell you!
Br bros follow exactly same moneyball strategy as owners were business partners before but now hate each other.

They are unique in terms of how they go about things.

The thing people need to reckon with is that Newcastle hasn't and never intends to break any rules regarding FFP or other costs controls coming into the game.

And yet they've effortlessly breezed past us never to be seen again under ENIC leadership.

The idea that only unpunished rule breaking has cost Levy his trophies is a total fantasy.
Pure speculation. You have no idea about any of that. It’s all narrative and tears.

Would be a good slogan for this forum.

There's a real variance around here in the degree to which different people are registering how severely and rapidly our competitive fortunes have been declining.

Once Kane leaves for nothing we're finished. There's going to be a lot of loud noises and bullshit next year, but that's the bottom line.
Do you get off on being so dramatic? Wildly over the top for a grown up.

Oh.

Look who’s arrived to defend his liege.

Tom Hanks Running GIF

Pretty obvious answer.
They save more than £2 billion pounds on their initial investment. You don’t need a fancy London stadium or history to build a super club. See Man City.

Yeah it was mostly rhetorical, owners won’t pay what we will cost… or won’t when there’s easier targets, anyway.

Not sure what you are responding to there, but maybe best accept you shot your mouth off and were proved wrong. It’s no big deal.
No I did not move posts, you gave Chelsea as an example and I said their past is full of trophies, now they are at a low, their fans are hopeful things will improve in a season or two unlike our case because our owners don't care about trophies but their owners do.

FFP is irrelevant when it comes to Levy.

Remember reading we are somewhere close to 400m away from any FFP worries and Levy will never get close to them.

Barcodes signed Isak for 70m and will sign at least 1 but likely 2 more in that top shelf range this summer.
Doesn't matter how much FFP room we have, Levy isn't going to be signing top players.

We need to get used to the fact that the new DOF will need to nail every one of his transfers for us to have any chance of top 4.

No I did not move posts, you gave Chelsea as an example and I said their past is full of trophies, now they are at a low, their fans are hopeful things will improve in a season or two unlike our case because our owners don't care about trophies but their owners do.
Aye you did. You said new owners would improve things. They won’t necessarily.

Man Utd we’re better under Edwards and the horsey people than they are now.

Chelsea were better under the Russian than they are now.

Anything else is pure fucking guesswork. You’re wrong. Take it and move on. I will, as I can’t be any more correct here.

Anything else is pure fucking guesswork. You’re wrong. Take it and move on. I will, as I can’t be any more correct here.

Everton were better pre-Moshiri and his 1/2 Billion warchest.

Venky's anyone. 🤣

Last edited:

:kanehand:

Back
Top Bottom