Most Overrated Players in your lifetime

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me Van Basten is in the first category and Eto'o doesnt deserve to be in the second.

But Van Basten was so incredibly gifted that he deserves to be up there with the greats, he's the reason i fell in love with football.

I dunno. Eto’o was one of, if not the best player to come from Africa. He was a phenomenon at Barca. I guess I wouldn’t rank him as highly as Baggio or Shearer, so maybe you have a point. I just think that at his peak he was a machine of a striker.

Van Basten was incredibly gifted, but there’s a lot of other players who were as well. Le Tissier for example. Or Gazza. Such a shame that Van Basten got that injury.

Anyway, other overrated players include Shilton, Des Walker, Paul Ince, Lovren (by himself), and Ross fucking Noble, although admittedly he’s only overrated by those bubble blowing <removed>s.

I dunno. Eto’o was one of, if not the best player to come from Africa. He was a phenomenon at Barca. I guess I wouldn’t rank him as highly as Baggio or Shearer, so maybe you have a point. I just think that at his peak he was a machine of a striker.

Van Basten was incredibly gifted, but there’s a lot of other players who were as well. Le Tissier for example. Or Gazza. Such a shame that Van Basten got that injury.

Anyway, other overrated players include Shilton, Des Walker, Paul Ince, Lovren (by himself), and Ross fucking Noble, although admittedly he’s only overrated by those bubble blowing <removed>s.

Yeh Ross Noble is a bit of a joke.

Yep, Ross Noble is dog shit at footie

ross-noble-warm-up-image-to-use.jpg

Lots of competition!

Nicola Berti?

Jonny Metgod?

Veto'ing Berti as our worst signing. His song is so fucking tremendous my 6yr old daughter teaches it to her (confused) schoolmates.

Overrated? Szczęsny. He's fucking useless... but now appears to be the starting keeper at Juve? W T F.

Last edited:

With all due respect but Van Basten and Le Tissier are not in the same bracket mate, not even close.

Le Tiss scored some of the best goals I've ever seen but he was a big fish in a small pond, Van Basten performed at a much higher level for club and country. He's in the top 5 of the greatest strikers ever imo.

as a person Shilton was a self centered, narcissistic wife beating cunt
as a Goalkeeper he was absolutely top drawer..in the top 10 or so of all time...Him, Banks (GOAT IMO), Jennings, Yashin, Zoff, Felix , Clemence and Peter Schmeical

If Buffon is a legend, god knows what any of that lot were.

Back
Top Bottom